• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Layers of Fear is like P.T. on drugs

--

B6nTy7O.jpg

Layers of Fear

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Turok and Turok 2 are being re-released for PC

Remember the kid named Turok?

Remember when Acclaim offered $10,000 to parents who named their kid "Turok?" I still get a good laugh out of that whenever I think of the series.

Beyond that legacy they were actually fun little shooters, and now both Turok and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil are being re-released for PC by Night Dive Studios. They will be sold through Steam, the Humble store, GOG, GG, Greenman Gaming, and through the developer's site.

No release date was given, but you can check out some screens in the gallery below.

MUnited83

For you.
I think most Microsoft games will be on Steam, easily. Fable Legends isn't because it's a F2P game, so eh.

He is right. There's almost AppStore levels of shovelware on the store. Valve should either enforce some kind of early-Nintendo-esque seal-of-quality thing or just make a sub-store for the many shovelware-y games.
Jesus fuck, god no. If anything they need to open the gates more! It isn't even close to Appstore levels, and if something is shovelware it won't sell or affect actually good game sales so I don't see the issue. The market regulates itself. And no, the "indiepocalypse" ain't coming.

Deitus

I watched a bit gameplay some time ago and while it does look one of those games where you have to repeat levels often, doing this quickly with a button-press is neat. But without any confirmation beforehand? Not ideal.

Well yeah, it's a Roguelike, so it is designed to be played over and over again. It's easy to screw yourself over early on (or just have bad luck with drops) and need to restart. But usually if I make a mistake late in the game I want to try to salvage the run rather than start over from scratch, since I'd already come that far.

It would make more sense to have a confirmation (at least if you make it past zone 1), since I can't imagine having to press 2 buttons to restart would be such a burden. But oh well, I moved the restart key to a button I'm unlikely to hit by accident, so it's a non-issue from now on.

dex3108

Great now i will need to wait few days until Refunded money is available again. It seams that universe is telling me not to buy Mad Max :(

Parsnip

Makes sense, but youarealreadydead if you end up going there earlier than the story progresses. No Divine weapons for the shitty skeletons and the yellow fog gate if you don't have the Lordvessel placed.

I am slightly surprised there wasn't a intro vid for Gwyn. You basically go through the gate and he bum rushes you. Near the end most of the bosses have intro vids (Nito, Pinwheel, Crystal Dragon guy, etc.). Makes the whole encounter anti climatic.

Also, shitty that beating Gwyn goes right to NG+. Guess I'm not doing the DLC on this play through.

Chances are that Pinwheel was in a different location entirely earlier in the development.
The tiny Capra Demon boss room would be kind of perfect for the Pinwheel fight. Maybe the Giant Rat miniboss replaced Pinwheel in the depths. Who knows.

Jawmuncher

Nice to see Turok is happening. There were murmurs about it for awhile. Also they should be nice and updated. It was part of the reason from what I had heard as to why the re release was happening.

OK, this is a weird bug. Try to open up Dragon Age, and this happens.

The launcher in the top left is what works.

I decide to investigate, since this didn't happen before, when I looked at Origin, I noticed that Origin was under the impression that Dragon Age + Awakening pack was installed (which it was, but I installed it on Steam, I didn't touch Origin).

Now, when I try to uninstall the Origin version of Origins, it just brings up the control panel. I decided "fuck it", and uninstalled Origin while verifying Origins. I'll see if that fixes it, with a clean install of Origin in the event I need it.

Dsyndrome

Now own all the Elder Scroll games, all is right with the world
of fetch quests and repetition

I'd get the Turok games, never played them the first time around. Wonder the asking price.

Backlogger

OK, this is a weird bug. Try to open up Dragon Age, and this happens.

The launcher in the top left is what works.

I decide to investigate, since this didn't happen before, when I looked at Origin, I noticed that Origin was under the impression that Dragon Age + Awakening pack was installed (which it was, but I installed it on Steam, I didn't touch Origin).

Now, when I try to uninstall the Origin version of Origins, it just brings up the control panel. I decided "fuck it", and uninstalled Origin while verifying Origins. I'll see if that fixes it, with a clean install of Origin in the event I need it.

I had the same issue and finally ended up just playing the Origin installation. Every time I thought I had fixed it if I ever launched Origin it would find my Steam install and try to "fix" it.

I had the same issue and finally ended up just playing the Origin installation. Every time I thought I had fixed it if I ever launched Origin it would find my Steam install and try to "fix" it.

Well uninstalling Origin didn't fix it, neither did verifying cache (need to try just restarting). But it's weird that I didn't run into this issue when I launched the game yesterday, it seemed to only start by launching Origin.

EDIT: Restarting didn't help, I guess the solution would be to try and skip the launcher altogether instead. Just need to hope the addition of mods doesn't break it.

Shantom

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shantom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lethal League -- MB-11B9736F7A1D9940 - Taken by Belgarion. 28 entrants total.

t1440613155z1.png

Sch1sm

I like this. I like this a lot. Not sure I'll back if I have to wait long to get Divinity: Enhanced over it, though. I'd rather play it first.

All I want is goddamn sumo digital to put sega all-star tennis on steam

a mac version exists.... do the conversion you fucks.

That's how people stuck on Mac feel about all the Steam games restricted to Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom