• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

4RIEFz2.jpg

It'd be awesome to see this backed in less than a day.

dex3108

Assassin’s Creed Syndicate will be releasing on PC worldwide on November 19, less than a month after the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. But why is it coming out after the console versions? Sam Kovalev, Studio Production Manager at Ubisoft Kiev, tells us the development team is dedicated to ensuring PC players get the most stable, optimized version of the game on day one.

The team in Kiev is working to accommodate the myriad PC setups as they optimize the game. Kovalev tells us that PC requirements are still being finalized, and said that there will be no locks on the game as far as framerate and resolution goes. The recommended system requirements will target 1080p and 30 FPS.

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-syndicate-pc-release-date/

I don't even...

Bundle Stars has that Mortal Kombat X + 7 pieces of DLC bundle back up again for $19.99 and the Shadow of Mordor + Season Pass bundle for $14.99 now (no idea if this is the lowest the game and all of it's DLC have been combined)

Backlogger

So I pledged $25 for D:OS 2 even though I still haven't played the first one. Think I am just getting caught up in the KS hype. I'm torn though. I kinda want to up my pledge to $50 and get the D:OS ED copy, but they haven't provided any clues as to when that might be delivered or whether its a Steam or GOG key. I don't think they would wait until December 2016 to deliver that key, but I don't want to get caught in a scenario where there is a good sale for the first one and I still don't have it from the KS pledge. Decisions, decisions...

I read that as if you have the recommended specs you will be at 1080p/30 FPS, but if you have a better rig you should be able to get higher FPS.

I mean, recommended specs should reach 60 fps, but this is a Ubi game, I am not really surprised by this. AC4, which I loved, dips from 59 to 30 during certain action moments no matter what I do. So reading this about Syndicate isn't really surprising.

KingKong

I can't even imagine how anyone could possibly be excited for Assassins Creed Syndicate. At least the old games had unique locations

Dr Dogg

Not seeing the issue.

Because it should they're targeting 3840x2160@240hz damn it!!!

Personally I'll be happy that they have addressed the LOD culling issues with Anvil Next and tried to find a workable solution over any target resolution rendered and/or temporal. Only issue I have with Unity is everything turns to shit if you're not 20 foot away from it.

What's the problem? It doesn't say it's going to be locked.

The bigger problem is that it's Ubi Kiev again.

I think they get flack just because of a few poor efforts in the past but fact of the matter is that if it's not a new IP or engine/toolchain framework then every AAA Ubi title on PC gets handled by the Kiev studio. They might get shit but every version they have put out is the best version of that game by some considerable margin from Driver San Francisco onwards. The Division should be interesting to see as Massive are PC devs through and through.

MUnited83

For you.
Targeting 1080p/30 for Recomended specs on PC is not best way to show PC community that they are serious about PC port :D

Ubisoft normally has good PC ports despite what some people believe. Recommending specs for 1080p/30fps really doesn't mean anything at all.
Ubisoft Kiev, man!
Far Cry 4, aside from the stuttering issue, was a great port.
Unity is pretty decent after the patches.
Black Flag was also alright after patches.

Parsnip

I think they get flack just because of a few poor efforts in the past but fact of the matter is that if it's not a new IP or engine/toolchain framework then every AAA Ubi title on PC gets handled by the Kiev studio. They might get shit but every version they have put out is the best version of that game by some considerable margin from Driver San Francisco onwards. The Division should be interesting to see as Massive are PC devs through and through.
Hmm.
Actually looking at their list of releases, I realize that I don't actually have a lot of experience with Ubi PC ports. Only games I actually played on PC were Driver SF, AC4 and Unity, 2 good releases out 3 isn't too bad, I guess. So I guess from my perspective their track record is pretty okay.

The more you know.

C4rter

No GMG cancellation Mail for Fallout 4. That's a good thing right? Or are they still working their way through the millions of orders?

Ludens

Banned
A Mad Max 50%off coupon worked on every single game on GMG. Including Falllout 4.

Lol, missed that. Well, I have nothing to buy on GMG at the moment. Talking about GMG, anyway, MGS: TPP never got the chance to be pre-ordered, despite being on the site from a while (with GMG offering it in that big contest they did sometime ago).

Grief.exe

Targeting 1080p/30 for Recomended specs on PC is not best way to show PC community that they are serious about PC port :D

I'm guessing you are misinterpretating the intent here. What Ubisoft is doing by clearly labeling the requirements should be commended, not criticized.

There is no standard for requirements, so shining some light on what to expect from requirement levels is inherently pro-consumer.

ExoSoul

Banned
Not been the case with me. First day and it's all done. Depends on the volume of requests, though, I guess.

Hopfully that'll be the case this time, I thought we were in the previous week and had time to refund >_>

The single refund I did took an hour to get approved but like 8 days to get the money back into my account.

That said that was during the Summer sale.

Yeah, that's my experience too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom