• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

I'm guessing you are misinterpretating the intent here. What Ubisoft is doing by clearly labeling the requirements should be commended, not criticized.

There is no standard for requirements, so shining some light on what to expect from requirement levels is inherently pro-consumer.

I still don't believe that 1080/30 should be target for recommended specs in 2015. on PC. But we will see i really hope that they won't drop the ball this time when PC version is in question.

And Mad Max 50% off code doesn't even work on Mad Max anymore i think. I think that 50% off code was cause of my order issues today. GMG accepts code on checkout but that doesn't mean it works. I sent another ticket to support and asked if that offer is still valid because their VP of Business Development told me on Twitter that he doesn;t think that offer will be back.

Grief.exe

I still don't believe that 1080/30 should be target for recommended specs in 2015. on PC. But we will see i really hope that they won't drop the ball this time when PC version is in question.

That's subjective though. Ubisoft are clearly telling people what level of hardware they can expect to run certain settings. The consumer is now well aware of what they can expect if they don't meet those requirements or if they exceed them.

szSLY5u.png

IqFbDFJ.gif

V and me are about to come too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You should be ashamed that Rising is not installed.

4k/144fps or bust. #PCMR

Uzzy

The best thing about that Divinity: OS2 kickstarter is them saying that they've actually hired
new
writers this time round. Maybe the story won't be embarrassingly bad then.

Dr Dogg

Hmm.
Actually looking at their list of releases, I realize that I don't actually have a lot of experience with Ubi PC ports. Only games I actually played on PC were Driver SF, AC4 and Unity, 2 good releases out 3 isn't too bad, I guess. So I guess from my perspective their track record is pretty okay.

The more you know.

HAWX is still shit though. Conviction is a little rough and really funky with high MSAA values at high resolutions (poor utilisation regardless what GPU I use) and AC III needs a much, much beefier CPU than the PS360 versions at similar image quality. Be interesting to see their involvement in each project and how much time they have to put things together. I mean they're not making assets, models, rigging animation etc. on site as that will be done via the core studios so their domain is strictly PC specific from work and assets sent from the core teams. If only the software development industry wasn't so secretive.

Dr Dogg, you may need to make some more Steam Icons using this new Shinkawa artwork for MGSV. Shinkawa art always looks good

Urgh fine I'll get to it when I'm a bit more upwardly mobile and less drunk.

moving emails between servers, noticed my receipts account has 3000 emails... like probably a third of them are from steam.

And here was me thinking I was the only one who has a dedicated email accounts per use case.

L.O.R.D

Far Cry 4 (uplay) 10€

maybe its only in EU

========

got another message from nuuvem about the key for FF8

Hi ,

We are still working with the publisher in order to get a new batch of key for Final Fantasy, but we didn't hear an ETA from them yet.

Unfortunately, it may take longer than expected to get it solved. Would you like to keep waiting? If not, we can issue a refund to your Paypal account.

Atenciosamente,

Alan
suporte@nuuvem.com

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
And here was me thinking I was the only one who has a dedicated email accounts per use case.

personal
professional
receipts and payments
junk and account signups

if you own a domain there's little reason not to separate it just for the spam deterrent alone.

Copons

Backed D:OS 2 and tried streaming something on YouTube Gaming.

First time streaming something, with OBS everything went as smooth as I could expect. Waiting for the archive video to process to know exactly how smooth it was for viewers, but a friend told me it was ok at 720, with lots of noise during fast camera movement (Cities: Skylines, though, as I had to stream the entire monitor because of Unity borderless windowed, so for fullscreen it may go better I guess?).

Backlogger

Re: Kickstarter for D:OS 2

So I asked when one would receive the key for D:OS 1 ED if you pledge $50 and select the reward that includes it.

Here is the response:

...we're aiming for October with the Enhanced Edition, but that's not yet set in stone.

So sounds like you would get the key for that before the end of the year or whenever the Enhance Edition launches for everyone else. I figured that was the case, but I didn't want to make any assumptions.

S1n1st3r

Banned
Don't know if this has been mentioned but amazon is going balls deep in the app store wars.

241 premium android apps for free with all the in-app purchases removed.

https://www.amazon.com/underground

http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/26/am...droid-app-store-with-only-actually-free-apps/

I got to the third page before getting tired of opening each individual page and then then clicking get app to tie the app to my account.

If someone can find a better/efficient way to get all the sweet sweet mobile +1s at once please let me know.

Jshackles pls.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The best thing about that Divinity: OS2 kickstarter is them saying that they've actually hired
new
writers this time round. Maybe the story won't be embarrassingly bad then.

Eh, it's a fantasy rpg with magic and trolls and stuff. I don't think it's possible to create an interesting story in such a setting with any media, and certainly not with a videogame.

But best of luck, new writers!

Hektor

Eh, it's a fantasy rpg with magic and trolls and stuff. I don't think it's possible to create an interesting story in such a setting with any media, and certainly not with a videogame.

But best of luck, new writers!

Why do you think thats impossible?

ArjanN

I've never really been an achievement guy. for me, it's an achievement to finish a game so i'm just fine with that.

The achievements for The Swapper are all tied to hidden diary collectibles that don't have anything to do with the puzzles really. You can just look up their locations with a guide, because unless you're crawling along every wall you're never going to find them by yourself anyway. They feel like a complete afterthought, but with a guide they're really easy to get, so more easy achievements for me. :p

Sober

I think that's fine. I don't think most PCs can even hit 60fps on recent AC games without some weird tomfoolery on the user's end anyway. No point trying to hit some window, let future hardware brute force it.

That being said I hope for some super salt from TB about a AAA PC game from a western dev targeting 30 fps, even if it's low hanging fruit like AssCreed.

The achievements for The Swapper are all tied to hidden diary collectibles that don't have anything to do with the puzzles really. You can just look up their locations with a guide, because unless you're crawling along every wall you're never going to find them by yourself anyway. They feel like a complete afterthought, but with a guide they're really easy to get, so more easy achievements for me. :p

if i was an achievement guy then i would just use SAM when i was offline and hope no one notices when I come back online that I just got 53 achievements in like 5 minutes

Dr Dogg

Yet with all the footage of Syndicate released so far I still think Unity is the more technically impressive title, and much more aesthetically pleasing despite looking like shit off in the distance.

if you own a domain there's little reason not to separate it just for the spam deterrent alone.

Pretty much my reasoning also with a slice of sandboxed security due to companies like Adobe (which I need an account for work) and Ubisoft (who I need an account for to satisfy my AssCreed addiction) being compromised time after time.

L.O.R.D

wow. so indiegala is getting on the eroge bundle train along with groupees. next up humblebundle

https://www.indiegala.com/manga nsfw

boob....wars ?

At the beginning of the 22nd Century, an anomaly began occurring in the bodies of women...All the women of the world became either E Cups and up or A cups and under. "Big Breasts" and "Flat Chests"... Due to their division into these two groups, the debate over which was superior began.

so , this is only effect female ? not male ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom