• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. so indiegala is getting on the eroge bundle train along with groupees. next up humblebundle

https://www.indiegala.com/manga nsfw
  • We Love Master!
  • Boob Wars - Big Breasts vs Flat Chests
  • Milles - Knight of Anal Tyranny
Not sure if I should laugh or cry.
Da heck. ALL streams are unavailable in Germany for "rights issues". Why is this such a backwards ass place in this regard.
I'm not sure if those screens are from the remaster tbh.

Jawmuncher

Wait, what? Turok would surely be a pain regards to licencing, right? Regardless fuck it I'm down for some cerebral bore action again.

No the comic rights are back with the owners. With acclaim going under the games went to the comic owners as well. The only one that's held up in Turok 2008. That has a lot of red tape.

Dr Dogg

No the comic rights are back with the owners. With acclaim going under the games went to the comic owners as well. The only one that's held up in Turok 2008. That has a lot of red tape.

I'm sure there's something in there that we can all shake a first at Disney in disgust. Wonder how well Turok 1 holds up, platforming and all?

Milamber

Oh yes! Cover me in hentai bundles!

But seriously, I really hope these bundles sell really well, thus encouraging the better developers to allow more of their work to be officially released across the waters.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

An Imp? A Fiend! -- MB-75074A1F99C61509 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Shin Samurai Jazz -- MB-02166CC4E686C556 - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.
samurai_jazz -- MB-7F83AEA9D01A3440 - Taken by derExperte. 1 entrants total.

t1440618736z1.png
yikes

Backlogger

wow. so indiegala is getting on the eroge bundle train along with groupees. next up humblebundle

https://www.indiegala.com/manga nsfw

But seriously, I really hope these bundles sell really well, thus encouraging the better developers to allow more of their work to be officially released across the waters.

#TeamFlat

tZOS8.gif

Sorry, maybe I'm slightly prudish.

Maybe I will get tag like Zyklewd, but Backprude instead
or Prudelogger

louiedog

I didn't have a Nintendo 64 and first played Turok on PC in the late 90s. I didn't even realize it was regarded as a N64 franchise until years later.

Ruruja

Are any of them good? Do any have a COMPELLING story?

fantomena

Damn. I want to buy the White March expansion pass, but Im both too lazy and many times don't have enough time to put it in the cart and actually buy it. This has happened a lot since I started on the university 2 weeks ago.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Only got the grinding achievements left in Rocket League so I guess this is going to be one of the few games I actually 100%

it's ridiculously easy to 100% if you're into that kind of stuff

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Has anyone said anything about Evoland 2 being like 9€ on nuuvem?

Rephrase: Evoland 2 is 9€ on nuuvem.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Hotline Miami 2

no idea what it was about

Dr Dogg

Dr Dogg, you may need to make some more Steam Icons using this new Shinkawa artwork for MGSV. Shinkawa art always looks good

This is about as much 'creativity' as I can muster up right now.

dclZJH2.png

If you want this ruined with 'A Hideo Kojima Game' and title stuff let me know but I think the V says it all.

chronomac

The phone requirement for Gunman Cline 2 is gone. Very glad it's coming to Steam. Even though the original's super short I had a lot of fun with it.

My Warhammer 40k: Space Marines Impressions

Story:
Set in the vast and deep Warhammer Universe, you take role of Ultramarines Captain Titus - extremely well voiced by Mark Strong - and are immediately sprung into a war on global scale when Orcs attack a planet. Which planet? No need to know since it matters not. As an Ultramarine you are not supposed to "ask question", let alone "question orders". Not that it would change much to be honest as I couldn't tell you the name of the planet if I wanted. Anyway, soon you learn that scientists have managed to encapsulate the mythical warp energy and all kinds of monsters are now throwing their bodies like blood-filled waterbaloons to secure this for their respective faction.
A deep, long-standing lore as Warhammer's would surely put many devs in a peril to cram at least the important parts into a game one would think. Unless you don't even try. Which is the case here. You won't hear where you come from, why you fight, who the factions are or the characters. Nothing. But then again, as an Ultramarine you ought to fight for the Machine Gods (whoever them might be). Don't ask questions, there is only WAR.

Gameplay:
It is a third-person-shooter with a very hefty dose of melee combat thrown in for good measure. It is in no way an afterthought though. In fact many times you will realize that brawling your way out of combat is the better choice. Very good that the variety in melee weapons is formidably well as to classic weaponry. Speaking of, you start with only a pistol and add a rifle shortly to your arsenal. During the ~7 hours you'll play the campaign there will be frequent and steady additions to it. At the half-way point even glorious energy-type guns. These especially feel fittingly powerful against the huge hordes of orcs rushing at you during the constant barrage of firefights. Make no mistake, this game is about shooting things and it does not stop until the credits keep rolling. It is refreshing to feel extremely overpowered at times. Movement shows this too as you feel like a walking tank with humongous armor. A tad slow but it conveys the feel of heaviness nicely to the player.
One very clever mechanic about combat is melee as mentioned before. Apart from just being a very powerful type of attack, it also serves as the only way to heal yourself - which might sound weird at first. It works like this. After putting your an enemy into a staggered state you can kill it with a gratuitous finishing move and regain a good portion of your health-points back. It is a refreshing mechanic which leads to an extremely offensive playstyle. Don't come into this when you like planning and cover. It's full frontal combat. Set-pieces and sweet jet-pack sections give you nice amount of variety as well.

Verdict:
Space Marines is a good game with very satisfying combat mechanics. To my disappointment did the devs not put any priority whatsoever into showcasing the deep Warhammer lore. A big shame as this lack of knowledge makes you care significantly less about characters and events unfolding. Why would I care about the machine gods, the imperium, the codex when I never get to learn more about them? There is huge potential with the lore but it was wasted here sadly. The story as well looses importance with this. A very rudimentary construct keeping me go from level 1 to level 2 at best. In the end I only wanted to get to the next area to bash some orcs head. While being the weakest link of the game it only emphasizes how well the actual gameplay is to make me enjoy playing until the end. Ultimately I am glad I played this game.

the thing i liked about Space Marine was that, at a time and in a world where every third person shooter used cover mechanics and forced you to sit around during battles, Space Marine was all like GET THE FUCK OUT THERE AND WRECK ALL SORTS OF SHIT SPACE MARINE.

it was refreshing

Dr Dogg

Mark Strong voiced Titus? Huh, thought he sounded familiar. Great write up Veggie. Did you play any of the horde mode, Exterminatus? Lots of folks rave about it.

Uzzy

A deep, long-standing lore as Warhammer's would surely put many devs in a peril to cram at least the important parts into a game one would think. Unless you don't even try. Which is the case here. You won't hear where you come from, why you fight, who the factions are or the characters. Nothing. But then again, as an Ultramarine you ought to fight for the Machine Gods (whoever them might be). Don't ask questions, there is only WAR.

Do I detect some heresy? Space Marines, like any loyal Imperials, fight for tha Emprah.

Seriously though, great write up.

Mark Strong voiced Titus? Huh, thought he sounded familiar. Great write up Veggie. Did you play any of the horde mode, Exterminatus? Lots of folks rave about it.
I tried the MP portion but servers were taken offline. So I didn't dabble further :/
Not sure if P2P is possible but cooping horde-mode with that gameplay? Good Lord :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom