• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok...I redeemed the Steam keys for Game of Thrones, Tales From The Borderlands, and The Wolf Among Us

are the Telltale keys completely separate and able to be given away with no issues?

No once you know the key binds for there (F1-F4 and the Start Button) it pauses the game and swaps them round. So far there's a special power selection menu and the start menu down there but there's 3 empty spaces I don't know what they're for. If someone who's played it before could chime in they might be able to clear it up.

The 3 empty spaces are extra slots to equip other special attacks, which you gain by leveling up.

Hektor

did anyone play that weird survival horror ww1 thing with dinosaurs?

it's pretty freaky

i forgot the name but i bet googling that will show up something

Its called 1916 - Der Unbekannte Krieg (The unkwon war)

I actually did play that, because comeone recomended that to me, but the fact that you were hunted by Dinosaurs in a WW1 setting turned that game more into a unfunny comedy-adventure rather than a good horror game imho.

Sch1sm

ok...I redeemed the Steam keys for Game of Thrones, Tales From The Borderlands, and The Wolf Among Us

are the Telltale keys completely separate and able to be given away with no issues?

Yep, they are. Separate keys and all. You're free to give them to someone and they can redeem them on their Telltale account.

Moonrise servers are shutting down at the end of the year

Wow, this is the classiest server shutdown announcement I've seen in a long time. Starting now until the end of the year (shutdown) they're boosting everything and just opening the floodgates for the fun parts of the game; increased drops, XP, etc, and a bit of new content. Generally these sorts of shutdowns happen as a slap in the face to customers and close shop in weeks, rather than this.

Undead Labs is still a pretty awesome studio.

zkylon

zkylewd
Its called 1916 - Der Unbekannte Krieg (The unkwon war)

I actually did play that, because comeone recomended that to me, but the fact that you were hunted by Dinosaurs in a WW1 setting turned that game more into a unfunny comedy-adventure rather than a good horror game imho.
yea i wouldn't like say it was good, but it was pretty scary at least for me lol

Uzzy

Doesn't have to be accurate.

Well sure. But I don't really see a way of making trench warfare on the western front into an entertaining shooter without making it so inaccurate that it's not even remotely related to the actual experience. At which point, why even bother making that game?

Then again, the best ever British comedy was set in the trenches, so anything's possible.

These are Telltale Games DRM copies so they'll have to redeemed to a Telltale Games account...I don't need them so if anyone can use them have at it (The GoT image is wrong...the key is for the Telltale game)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Telltale Games DRM keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Wolf Among Us -- MB-B931C0A2B79B4445 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 4 entrants total.
Tales From The Borderlands -- MB-9C3D6EE515C8C99E - Taken by Braag. 11 entrants total.
Game of Thrones -- MB-277B77A87DC649EB - Taken by Catshade. 18 entrants total.

t1440807983z1.png

Ludens

Banned
These are Telltale Games DRM copies so they'll have to redeemed to a Telltale Games account...I don't need them so if anyone can use them have at it (The GoT image is wrong...the key is fo the Telltale game)

Are you sure you can give away Telltale key?
I mean, what if they are like linked to Steam key in some ways? Like I install the Steam version, I gave away TT key, the user with TT goes online, the system can see both are from the same purchase and lock one key out?

Are you sure you can give away Telltale key?
I mean, what if they are like linked to Steam key in some ways? Like I install the Steam version, I gave away TT key, the user with TT goes online, the system can see both are from the same purchase and lock one key out?

I asked earlier before I made any raffle and was told they are completely separate and able to be given away

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Vibranium

Banned
WW1 would make for an absolutely excellent horror setting. A shooter wouldn't really work though.

My idea has always been a spy/stealth game set during World War 1. Play around with the setting a bit, and it can totally work. Sneak through trenches, forests, no man's land, etc. WW1 is so fascinating because of how it brought outdated tactics together with modern weaponry.

You could use a mixture of conventional and older weapons (like a sword!). There would be upgrades and collectibles, stuff like that. It would still go into depth on the horrors of war.

The horror being your Ross Rifle jamming and you being left with nothing but its knife. That faulty Canadian tech.

I'd play it.

Heh, that's why Canadians ditched that piece of crap and tried to get their hands on the GOAT Lee Enfield whenever they could.

Dr Dogg

Ok Azure Striker Gunvolt is alright. Getting a more Gunstar Heroes vibe than Megaman Zero and asides for a few odd quirks not too bad of a port over (for a 3DS game). Launcher is a bit fiddly but I've sort of worked out how to remap keys (I think) and could do with in game instructions for the scaling and display modes but it runs fine my end (very lightweight) and in gameplay terms it looks very promising. Wonder if that black screen issue is an AMD one though?

Edit: Oh and what's the top screen resolution of a 3DS again? 400x240 right?

ExoSoul

Banned
Is the cross-promotion between Poker Night 2 and Borderlands 2 retro-active? (In the sense of: if I get poker first and border second will I still get the extra stuff?)

Arthea

a little late with update yet again

RAAAWL

weekly unlocking Tales of Symphonia quest update

week 7

21% unlocked

8 weeks to go

almost midway, it's actually slightly less than 8 weeks... yet 21%

Momentary

Banned
a little late with update yet again

RAAAWL

weekly unlocking Tales of Symphonia quest update

week 7

21% unlocked

8 weeks to go

almost midway, it's actually slightly less than 8 weeks... yet 21%

Sales for preorder games are only high during the beginning and end of the pre-order phase.

Hey, who wants spares?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Baron von Loathsome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Poker Night 2 -- MB-49E63C352AACA05C - Taken by darkchewie
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-E7289B9F8D2FB5B9 - Taken by ExoSoul

Momentary

Banned
I honestly can't believe Koei Tecmo / Bandai Namco is actually getting away with this bullshit One Piece release. It's like they got a free get out of jail card because the game is based on a fucking Anime.

Chariot

Grats. For some reason Steam didn't award me with the "information" achievement despite finding all the tapes and busting my ass off to clear all ops on hard for the last tape :mad:
You sure you got all tapes? Including all the tapes you find in the area? Both from the intel mission? And the two from the extra ops?
I honestly can't believe Koei Tecmo / Bandai Namco is actually getting away with this bullshit One Piece release. It's like they got a free get out of jail card because the game is based on a fucking Anime.
Koei Tecmo is the Telltale of Warrior games. They just need a Dontnod of Warrior games to whoop their asses.

Khronico

Some how I missed how messy bonus content / dlc is for each version of the game:

pic_table.png

And then there's all the different mother base staff variants that are only on certain platforms or if you bought them from certain places / do certain things - http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Mother_Base_Bonus_Staff

Holy crap it's watch dogs all over again.

Also pretty lame that PC is missing out on alot of
admittedly stupid and kinda trivial
preorder bonuses.

Dr Dogg

Some how I missed how messy bonus content / dlc is for each version of the game:

pic_table.png

And then there's all the different mother base staff variants that are only on certain platforms or if you bought them from certain places / do certain things - http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Mother_Base_Bonus_Staff

They should update that on account of the missing DLC from the Collectors Eds might not be shipping with every copy per region :p

If Peace Walker is anything to go by (and that had loads of unobtainable preorder DLC) then their will be fucking loads of stuff like that to unlock via the R&D platform. I can here the grinding already.

It's still in Early Access.

Uh... so it's out, he's just being picky about it being an EA title?

"You wanted a port and you got a port and now the port isnt good enough? Stop beeing so entitled."

Now you get it. Buy it if you want it. Otherwise go buy a 3DS and pony up the $15 on the e-shop for it.

I just refunded Pirate Warriors, but it's still in my library. How long until it goes away?

All .69 cents of it?
I think the game disappears once you've actually received refund approval (once you can see the funds pending as a return on the market, I think?)

is telltale drm a "bad" thing?

Well, it's not Steam, so draw your own conclusion from that, I suppose.
I don't know anything other than it's basically another service to have a few games on instead of your normal gaming client *cough*STEAM*cough*

--

I was going to ask what I missed while I was gone, but I see it's the same old stuff on infinite repeat:

Grief bitching about random 60fps shit, people flipping out because of another port where it wasn't some glorious PC remake, etc.

Meanwhile, the latest KF2 update in the beta branch seems to have destroyed online -- after installing it, 0 servers can be found in the server browser... not sure if it's cause I have a newer level and servers need to patch as well or if the update just straight up broke the online portion of the game.

Hektor

pic_table.png

Ridiculous.

On an unrelated sidenote, there is no way ill be able to get the motherbase stuff for the purchase of Ground Zeroes with a PS3 code for the PC-Version, right?

Chariot

Ridiculous.

On an unrelated sidenote, there is no way ill be able to get the motherbase stuff for the purchase of Ground Zeroes with a PS3 code for the PC-Version, right?
Nope. I saw a overview that showed that you can transfer like that:

PS3 -> PS3/PS4
PS4 -> PS4
360 -> 360/Xbone
Xbone -> Xbone
PC -> PC

So no. Full PC or no PC, traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom