• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Someone should check the gunvolt files and find the option to make the main screen bigger/fit one's monitor.

SFV turned into DoA so gradually I didn't even notice.

No it didn't; Mika's playstyle can quickly overshadow her 'fanserviceyness'
mika2w8sue.gif

Also dat combo
mika1mkzg7.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh you mean like the various "wave" genres? That's usually just marketing ploys, isn't it?
maybe lol, i don't know shit about music

Okay, an example of separating content and mechanics would be like in first person shooters. You should be able to go on Steam and look at shooters and then filter by content-- maybe you just want WW1 shooters, and aren't interested in space shooters or westerns or arena shooters or whatever. Or maybe you just want games about WW1 in general so you filter by content and then it shows you Valiant Hearts and games with different mechanical genres even if the content's similar.
i mean, i get that, but like i said, that just seems like something that could be added on top of the current system, not necessarily something to replace it

like steam tags or something

Oh man, I need to sell my soul for that Leona one.
they're all pretty cool, my favorite's the fiora one

Ah, looks awesome. Too bad I'm much too cheap to buy costumes in LoL. I mean I don't mind throwing some money towards a free game if I like the game enough, and I spent plenty of hours with that game back in the day. But I just can't justify $10 for a costume, even if I was still playing.
well if it helps (lol) they're a bit cheaper the week after release to something like 8 bucks

also it's not just a costume cos it comes with new animations and vfx and robo voiceover and like if there are two or more metal gear skins in the game all the minions turn into metal gear minions :>

Tizoc

Wow that Tales from Borderlands and Game of Thrones telltale games for 10.49 together and steam copies is an amazing deal.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1103309

Don't think they'll be that cheap anytime soon, if it's not a mistake it's outstanding.
I know it was already posted but doing my part to remind people.

I think humble are aware of that but rolled with it anyways. Heck you'd be getting 5 main TT games for $4-5 each this way :p

zkylon

zkylewd
I would like more WW1 shooters or games.
i'm sort of ready to go back to ww2

i want a new brothers in arms

tho i'm not sure if i trust current gearbox with it

I'd say Yi is the best out of them but I main Leona so she gets all the goodies.
also a bonus thing is that leona and lucian's recall animations are meant to be paired so if they recall to base near the other champion they like lean on each other, it's really cool

yea already bought the ahri skin :>

that's raiden fiora, metal gear ray zed i guess, or something like that, im now well versed in metal gear stuff

three more at the link: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/08/825-pbe-update.html#more

there's an old skin also thats based on jetstream sam from revengeance from the same skin line but i couldn't quickly find a picture with hotlinking

Beautiful. Thanks for the examples.

If I ever get back into League I know what skins I'm getting.

hahaha, i can't stop laughing
some users can't even play the game

here a screenshot

Who did the port anywa-

"Developer: INTI CREATES CO., LTD."

Oh god they did it themselves? I mean I guess that makes sense but they don't know too much about PC development either.

RIP.

Jawmuncher

dinosaur-noahs0w.gif

Jaw's I only bought these to get a deal giveaway.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- nice thread btw =) guy blocked.
- Don't send me shit
- Do whatever you want with them.
- If the key is already taken deal with it. (They aren't)

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You should post more in the thread and actual be a cool individual.

Poker Night 2 -- MB-EF551E8B18B78FD1 - Taken by anastef
Puzzle Agent -- MB-A6FBF907F3C8466D - Taken by crazyrabbits
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-D333D745E3C2E43A - Taken by darkchewie

That humble telltale game bundle is amazing. Picked up Jurassic Park, Game of Thrones, Borderlands, Poker Night 2 and Wolf Among Us for €17. I had Wolf Among Us already, but only as a Telltale Key, didn't have any of the other 4.

Braag

GZ is kind of dumb with that and you have to beat the mission the cassette is on. So no grabbing and quitting, even though it saves it. So if you did it last, running through the mission and finishing the one you didn't do should work.

I'll give it a try. Though I have them all in the cassettes menu.

Deitus

well if it helps (lol) they're a bit cheaper the week after release to something like 8 bucks

also it's not just a costume cos it comes with new animations and vfx and robo voiceover and like if there are two or more metal gear skins in the game all the minions turn into metal gear minions :>

Oh wow, that's awesome that even the minions change.

But yeah, I don't want to downplay the amount of work that goes into these skins. I know that a lot of the the premium skins are complete overhauls of the characters, and only the really old skins are palette swaps. I'm just saying I would have bought a lot more of them if they weren't so expensive, and instead I never bought anything. Maybe I'm still bitter that Pulsefire Ezreal was like $25.

For Milamber
Big ass GIF warning doe.

Have they still not fixed the jiggle glitch the player on the right, or is that by design? Because that is pretty ridiculous.

Jawmuncher

But yeah, I don't want to downplay the amount of work that goes into these skins. I know that a lot of the the premium skins are complete overhauls of the characters, and only the really old skins are palette swaps. I'm just saying I would have bought a lot more of them if they weren't so expensive, and instead I never bought anything. Maybe I'm still bitter that Pulsefire Ezreal was like $25.

Have they still not fixed the jiggle glitch the player on the right, or is that by design? Because that is pretty ridiculous.

Wasn't fixed when I played the beta the other day. Chun Lee still flopping everywhere.

Grief.exe

Please nobody make a thread without checking things out first. You can rearange the screens how you like.

E29E2554E8C00E33539CD03342778CDA54737ADD

That looks perfect actually, I'm surprised it doesn't just default to that setup.

Lord popping off as perusual.

Wario did indicate the game was 30 FPS locked, which would be atrocious for a Mega Man clone.

Sini

ModBot 2 said:

Poker Night 2 -- MB-6861B17C42BB9D52 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-1BB68B6125CD98DC - Taken by Natty1
Puzzle Agent (Telltale Games DRM) -- MB-6AAE541E5D370A48
Poker Night at the Inventory (Telltale Games DRM) -- MB-6EAB76763DA18C94
Puzzle Agent 2 (Telltale Games DRM) -- MB-DFEE9C70A24E0986
Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale Games DRM) -- MB-3AE7077EB8C1F519 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
So why didn't the telltale drm icon appear?

Dr Dogg

YOU CAN REARRANGE THE SCREENS TO HOW YOU LIKE!!!

Granted it's not labelled well but F5 changes the display mode to those above.

That looks perfect actually, I'm surprised it doesn't just default to that setup.

Lord popping off as perusual.

Wario did indicate the game was 30 FPS locked, which would be atrocious for a Mega Man clone.

I'd imagine it's animated at 30 so going faster would either yeild no difference or it would run double speed. Rendering resolution is locked though and highest it will go is 1920x1200 but it's a flipping 3DS game that's 2D so what I'm trying to work out is that if it scales correctly first because MegaMan sure doesn't.

zkylon

zkylewd

yeah i think rito got a lot better at making the baseline skins a lot more worth their price. there's no more recolors and most skins come with like new vfx and one or two new animations. the premium skins are super cool now, u gotta see dj sona and be like whoaaaaaaaaaa look at that caramel danceeeeeee. it's obviously not cheap, but it's like a luxury item, so i guess it's ok.

palette swaps now are sold in bundles which are pretty shitty cos they cost a lot and u get three recolors at once, which is dumb cos u only want one, but fortunately enough most recolors are pretty ugly looking lol

Beautiful. Thanks for the examples.

If I ever get back into League I know what skins I'm getting.
just get kpop ahri

kpop ahri is the best

Dr Dogg

So do you need the bottom screen or not?

No once you know the key binds for there (F1-F4 and the Start Button) it pauses the game and swaps them round. So far there's a special power selection menu and the start menu down there but there's 3 empty spaces I don't know what they're for. If someone who's played it before could chime in they might be able to clear it up.

My PC is here ^-^. GTX 970, 8GB RAM, i5-4690k, all OverClocked , water cooling... :D
Aka the PC that MGSV keys built. :p
He surely is nice and will part from a MGS5 key at 15€ for his Steam-Friends in peril... Right Bernardo? Right? For me? I won't tell peeps >_>
Been over 2 hours. No answer from Bernardo. He surely just hasn't checked the thread yet.

Just hit me a message once you're ready to take them sweet 15€ for MGSV Bernardo!

Dreams don't die :')

Uzzy

Anyone playing Satellite Reigns?

Sure am, and it's real lovely so far.

I would like more WW1 shooters or games.

WW1 would make for an absolutely excellent horror setting. A shooter wouldn't really work though.

Call of Duty: Battle of the Somme
Battlefield: Operation Passchendaele
Medal of Honor: Hundred Days Campaign
Homefront 3: Brusilov Offensive

So, go over the top and get mown down by German artillery and machine gun fire or go over the top and drown in horrific muddy bog conditions. The Hundred Days or the Brusilov Offensive could in theory make for a decent shooter, as there's actual maneuver warfare going on and you can even bring in tanks and planes for the Hundred Days. But trench warfare would make for a very poor shooter.

zkylon

zkylewd
did anyone play that weird survival horror ww1 thing with dinosaurs?

it's pretty freaky

i forgot the name but i bet googling that will show up something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom