• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
~looks at that chart...looks at the PC extras~

well at least there's an emblem and a couple MB staff...I'll never understand how they decide all of this stuff on who gets what and why one version gets basically left out. I know in the end it's all stuff that won't make a difference but it's just annoying.

Nzyme32

They should update that on account of the missing DLC from the Collectors Eds might not be shipping with every copy per region :p

If Peace Walker is anything to go by (and that had loads of unobtainable preorder DLC) then their will be fucking loads of stuff like that to unlock via the R&D platform. I can here the grinding already.

Not a bad idea haha. If the game is ridiculously obtusely grindy, then I'd wait for a resourceful modder to find a way to unlock the stuff that is nigh on impossible to attain. Having said that, I'd rather do the entire thing with as little help as possible and just really savour it and take my time..... as well as forming a mother base noah's ark / jumanji animal army. Although this might be futile if I can't add armaments to the animals

Chariot

well at least there's an emblem and a couple MB staff...I'll never understand how they decide all of this stuff on who gets what and why one version gets basically left out. I know in the end it's all stuff that won't make a difference but it's just annoying.
Is that chart even complete? It makes no mention of the steam box.

Is that chart even complete? It makes no mention of the steam box.

as in a cardboard box with Steam markings?...is the first I've heard about it since as long as I've seen the listing on Steam's store it was just the bonuses shown on that chart (if anything was mentioned earlier I have no idea)

follow the money

Plus PlayStation™ is were MGS should be played and it's the only platform that will live up to Kojima's true vision.

Nzyme32

Apparently we Steam folk (along with Japan) get these guys

Kfnf0Ti.png

and can get most of the others, although two of them are something to do with day one editions of GZ and a signing up a code that came with them - which Steam doesn't have

Ridiculous.

On an unrelated sidenote, there is no way ill be able to get the motherbase stuff for the purchase of Ground Zeroes with a PS3 code for the PC-Version, right?

Doubt it - although I'm hoping modders could sort you out there

Momentary

Banned
All .69 cents of it?
I think the game disappears once you've actually received refund approval (once you can see the funds pending as a return on the market, I think?)

If I paid $0.69 for it then I wouldn't have returned it, but I bought the whole thing at full price. Definitely not worth it at all.

Apparently we Steam folk (along with Japan) get these guys

DLCcanine.PNG

and can get most of the others, although two of them are something to do with day one editions of GZ and a signing up a code that came with them - which Steam doesn't have

Doubt it - although I'm hoping modders could sort you out there

yeah...those 2 are the MB staff that you get later on in the game (The contents are included in the product, and will be unlocked after certain conditions are achieved - from Konami's site)

Dr Dogg

I was going to ask what I missed while I was gone, but I see it's the same old stuff on infinite repeat:

Grief bitching about random 60fps shit, people flipping out because of another port where it wasn't some glorious PC remake, etc.

Nah people pointing figures based on a screenshot out of context and with no hands on experience themselves. No hang on that's par for the course too! Haven't played One Piece but I think I've got a handle on its issues but if we take that Megaman Legacy Collection and Gunvolt and we had to award them gold, silver and bronze medals based on their port performance then Gunvolt takes the gold easy where as Megaman has some scaling issues and plays better in an emulator if you're after accuracy than the collection does (although you're missing the extra content) but because One Piece has some glaring issues it's an easy silver for Megaman and in it's current state One Piece getting a bronze. Gameplay wise I'm sure they're all fine and if folks are happy with that then that's cool.

fertygo

Want to buy Valkyria, but I'm more waiting the deal came from steam store itself so I can get it on regional price (would be like 2$)

#cheapass

Nzyme32

there is no steam box it was just for the announcement

nzyme pls

Really. I thought they said at gamescom last year that they would be in the game?

Edit - Robert Peeler is talking about MGS V and Steam at the moment on Yong(?) livestream. Nothing too interesting yet.

~Kinggi~

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (~Kinggi~, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones -- MB-7069DD20EC8E416E - Taken by texhnolyze
Poker Night 2 -- MB-EC900E3FBDE76CDE - Taken by alr1ght
Puzzle Agent -- MB-91DF02056C8430D4 - Taken by eyeless
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-59C633EE54FDE7A3 - Taken by SSPssp

free cheap stuff!

Braag

Extra copy with TPP.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Braag, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes -- MB-E6B25759FF33FF2E - Taken by Dongs Macabre. 42 entrants total.

t1440812423z1.png

Dr Dogg

Steambox sounds like a good art project.

I'm sure that's what a few folks at Valve thought and then one thing lead to another and then it all got a little out of hand and now they're expected to deliver 'The Alternative Console'.

Really. I thought they said at gamescom last year that they would be in the game?

Edit - Robert Peeler is talking about MGS V and Steam at the moment on Yong(?) livestream. Nothing too interesting yet.

If he mentions New Zealand... *angrily muttering to myself*

Ozium

does he ask him when the fucking game comes out on steam?!

L.O.R.D

YOU CAN REARRANGE THE SCREENS TO HOW YOU LIKE!!!

Granted it's not labelled well but F5 changes the display mode to those above.

I'd imagine it's animated at 30 so going faster would either yeild no difference or it would run double speed. Rendering resolution is locked though and highest it will go is 1920x1200 but it's a flipping 3DS game that's 2D so what I'm trying to work out is that if it scales correctly first because MegaMan sure doesn't.

i was wondering , if you switch to single screen mode , after you finish every level you can get several gifts to unlock , also the bottom screen is where the conversations is done and there you can chose any level you want
i think you are forced to switch to dual screen mode , and its better that way
the special attacks from F1 to F4 can be mapped on the controller ? ( without using external program )

Nzyme32

If he mentions New Zealand... *angrily muttering to myself*

does he ask him when the fucking game comes out on steam?!

They avoided asking the question. All that's been said so far is something about improved AO / settings, something about sorting out two AMD issues, the save data transfers don't require 100% completion for everything but he won't be specific about what exactly transfers over to TPP.

Ozium

They avoided asking the question. All that's been said so far is something about improved AO / settings, something about sorting out two AMD issues, the save data transfers don't require 100% completion for everything but he won't be specific about what exactly transfers over to TPP.

ridiculous.

absurd.

idiotic.

konami.

Dr Dogg

i was wondering , if you switch to single screen mode , after you finish every level you can get several gifts to unlock , also the bottom screen is where the conversations is done and there you can chose any level you want
i think you are forced to switch to dual screen mode , and its better that way
the special attacks from F1 to F4 can be mapped on the controller ? ( without using external program )

The screens swap around depending on their use. So after you finish a stage and are in full screen mode when you have the item chance thing it pulls back so you have both screens. It does this in other parts where you need to use what would be the bottom screen and then switches back to full screen when done. It's pretty smart and well done apart from not being labelled how to swap them around. You can remap keys in the launcher but it's a bit fiddly but there's also another menu in game to remap those assigned keys in game too. I'll have a look in the morning and see what the score is.

So someone from the One Piece forums gifted me a copy of the game last night. Do I have anything to worry about? The trade went through smoothly (Typing of the Dead for One Piece), but the person put their profile on private shortly afterwards. I've never done this before so I wasn't sure on if everything is okay. The game is in my library, but I can't install it since my PC is being repaired.

Playing Jedi Academy on the Chandrila level and I'm being wrecked by all the siths and force uses pushing me over the ledges so I just decide to run to the end of the level to trigger the new objective, as result I aggroed a lot of siths so I just go back to a platform and as they jump to reach me I just use force push to make them fall. It was hilarious.

fertygo

So someone from the One Piece forums gifted me a copy of the game last night. Do I have anything to worry about? The trade went through smoothly (Typing of the Dead for One Piece), but the person put their profile on private shortly afterwards. I've never done this before so I wasn't sure on if everything is okay. The game is in my library, but I can't install it since my PC is being repaired.

Unless its scanned key from retail release (which One Piece doesn't have) you're safe I think, in that scenario Steam gonna erase the game from your library, like plenty of times if you buying from site like G2A.

Other than the fact that you now have a One Piece game on your account, you should be fine.

iosefe

Playing Jedi Academy on the Chandrila level and I'm being wrecked by all the siths and force uses pushing me over the ledges so I just decide to run to the end of the level to trigger the new objective, as result I aggroed a lot of siths so I just go back to a platform and as they jump to reach me I just use force push to make them fall. It was hilarious.

thats the beauty of the force

Alright, just making sure. I know it's a copy from the pricing error, so I was a little nervous. Glad it'll be okay, then. I imagine the person just made their profile private to avoid getting messages about more keys.

Nzyme32

From the Yong / Peeler livestream

TPP Release on Steam - cut off time to prepurchase is 10am 1/9 PT. "Potentially" soft launch when NZ goes live at midnight over there, at which point anyone can download and play (no confirmation of whether this means VPNs or not)

Haunted

fb0.jpg

Nzyme32

Repost for the new page

From the Yong / Peeler livestream

TPP Release on Steam - cut off time to prepurchase is 10am Sep 1st PT. "Potentially" soft launch when NZ goes live at midnight over there Sep 1st (Aug 31st everywhere else), at which point anyone can download and play (no confirmation of whether this means VPNs or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom