• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Disney Infinity work? It's coming to the PC apparently but it doesn't seem to be on amazon or anything. Is it coming later? Is the PC version based on the next gen versions?

Modor was a fun little game that didn't take itself super serious, other than that final boss "fight" I really enjoyed it, 100% it too. Maybe it was because there was really nothing else coming out at that time.

Ludens

Banned
I expect to pay $20 or less for this game within the next month or two and probably enjoy it.

I will take it too, but only when 75% off. Strange WB didn't pull a season pass for it...yet.
My hope is WB turns to be sane and offer this as compensation for AK fiasco, but I don't believe it so much. Anyway, no need to buy it now, it's a WB game, this means it will be cheap as hell in some months.

Modor was a fun little game that didn't take itself super serious, other than that final boss "fight" I really enjoyed it, 100% it too. Maybe it was because there was really nothing else coming out at that time.

Mordor was ok, I had fun with it too. My problem with Mordor is that, except orcs fighting, there's nothing at all in the game. Mordor is a wasteland with nothing to discover, no villages, buildings, nothing. You have this wasteland divided into two sections, and that's it.

I enjoyed the Hunt DLC actually much than Sauron's DLC, because at least in the Hunt you do something different. Sauron's DLC is the exact same stuff you do in the main game, plus the final fight is one of the worst I've seen recently.

Oh, hey, all the dudes you submitted turn into you! What a surprise! Let's kill them all to charge the power of the ring and unleash it on Sauron...what?? Sauron revived them? Ok, I'll kill them again. And this until the fight will end with you that, spoiler lose. Sauron just fiddled you but guess what, you already knew that before even starting the DLC. Yeah, kinda pointless, not that I expected something different, but the DLC is totally useless even by a gameplay side.

Lomax

How does Disney Infinity work? It's coming to the PC apparently but it doesn't seem to be on amazon or anything. Is it coming later? Is the PC version based on the next gen versions?

It's essentially a f2p game where codes packaged with the figures unlock things in the game (or you can buy them direct through the game). The version on Steam requires a sizable initial purchase, but there's a free version on the main web site.

zkylon

zkylewd
16-izombie.w750.h560.2x.jpg

izombie

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

iZombie lost me for a little while in the middle, but I have to say I'm glad I stuck with it; the "brain of the week" formula grew on me and the final few episodes offer a great payoff as far as the overarching story is concerned. And, no, it's not because of this. Or this.

Jadax

Mr Robot.
Yep been watching that too, and it's really good, but I don't get the 'sitting on the edge of your seat with my mouth wide open' feeling from. Still, easily one of the better recent TV shows to be on air.

I'm waiting for the new one. Never watched the original, might check it out.

mgs recap
:)

Come on..are you comparing izombie to Hannibal? :p But I have actually checked out some episodes because I like David Anders.

I also just binge-watched Narcos...was sort of good-ish I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is that izombie show good? I'm not a huge zombie fan, but I've heard rumblings of it being decent
it's a fun light-hearted show that does fun stuff with zombies thanks to pretty clever writing from that veronica mars dude

also everyone is hilariously hot in that show

it's not the wire or twin peaks or anything but i love it

Come on..are you comparing izombie to Hannibal? :p
i enjoyed the previous seasons of hannibal. this one i feel like dragged its feet way too long trying to be weird and mystical, to the point it was flat out boring to watch for me sometimes

i feel like these characters aren't interesting on their own if they're not interacting with each other on a regular basis and hannibal and scully's adventures while crazy guy goes into opium psychodelia just didn't really do much for me

i didn't even finish teh season, and i freaking love mads mikkelsen

shame

~Kinggi~

Banned
it's a fun light-hearted show that does fun stuff with zombies thanks to pretty clever writing from that veronica mars dude

also everyone is hilariously hot in that show

it's not the wire or twin peaks or anything but i love it

i enjoyed the previous seasons of hannibal. this one i feel like dragged its feet way too long trying to be weird and mystical, to the point it was flat out boring to watch for me sometimes

i feel like these characters aren't interesting on their own if they're not interacting with each other on a regular basis and hannibal and scully's adventures while crazy guy goes into opium psychodelia just didn't really do much for me

i didn't even finish teh season, and i freaking love mads mikkelsen

shame

you probably should have finished the season.

I enjoyed izombie. The beginning and the end were great, slows down in the middle, but overall it is pretty good. I also loved how every episode starts up comic style.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is she eating a brain? What in the world sort of show is that?

EDIT: Ah it's a screen from that Ubisoft game IZombi, looks great.
real realistic haha

actually i kind of enjoy the goofy meals she makes out of brains, gets me all hungry and stuff

like brain tacos and brain sushi and brain soup and brain milkshake and stuff

it's as silly show but liv is like such a charming character and everyone else is too

also everyone is so fucking hot holy shit

you probably should have finished the season.
yeah, the last few episodes coincided with me getting a job so my schedule just shifted around and hannibal ended up as a casuality

so did true detective but i don't regret that one bit

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm waiting for the new one. Never watched the original, might check it out.

Twin Peaks may have ended before its time, but for my money it has the best finale -- and, yes, I've watched all of Six Feet Under*. It's pure, unadulterated, quintessential Lynch.

* That's My Dog (s04e05), though. Oh, man. Talk about dehumanising. If you're reading this post and thinking, "What the hell is he talking about?", do yourself a favour and don't research. Just watch.

Asgaro

really dont think they could come up with a less appealing title than iZombie

Seems the iXXX craze hasn't stopped yet...

I do my thesis in cooperation with a company called iMinds. lel
(And no, although it's ICT related they don't favour Apple in any way.)

I'm surprised that Apple doesn't patent this iXXX pattern. I mean, they patented the term "app store", which is beyond silly.

Dsyndrome

i dunno, izombie doesn't suck

I figured. What I meant was, for shows that slow down, suck, or have way too many filler episodes, memorable music or songs keep me watching. Stuff like Smallville, Buffy, especially True Blood, etc.

So does GZ 100% mean you've S-ranked every mission, or do you have to complete objectives, or what? I'm already tempering my gameplay of Peacewalker to A-rank vice S-rank missions, just curious if I need to do that with GZ.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
i dunno, izombie doesn't suck

But would it have been enhanced by gratuitous sex and nudity? I vote yes.

Also, did you drop True Detective season 1 or 2? I really liked 1 but I hear 2 is super disappointing in comparison.

Chariot

So does GZ 100% mean you've S-ranked every mission, or do you have to complete objectives, or what? I'm already tempering my gameplay of Peacewalker to A-rank vice S-rank missions, just curious if I need to do that with GZ.
For 100% you need to funish all trials too. I have all achievements, including unlocking all trials and get every mission on S-rank and only like 92%.

Salsa

this is a weird one but:

if anyone was thinking of buying a $10 steam game, lemme know if you'd be willing to get me that Telltale bundle (think all games in the cart comes down to $10) from the Humble Store in exchange for me getting you the game on Steam since I managed to idle $10+ of cards

this is a weird one but:

if anyone was thinking of buying a $10 steam game, lemme know if you'd be willing to get me that Telltale bundle (think all games in the cart comes down to $10) from the Humble Store in exchange for me getting you the game on Steam since I managed to idle $10+ of cards

I think the cheapest it can come to is $10.49 I believe, if that would make a difference to however helps you.

Salsa

I think the cheapest it can come to is $10.49 I believe, if that would make a difference to however helps you.

ah I see

well I might be able to get to $11 or so if I keep idlin

figured it was worth a shot since it's the last day the Telltale stuff is up apparently

not even completely sold on bordertales and that's the only one I want really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom