• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecl0n

Quiet has been banned from twitch, she was just playing Ground Zeroes on PS4.

So...twitch can't distinguish between GZ and TPP?

it was 2 days cause the second day I had absolute 0 will to get up and respond to all my family / friend's messages either telling me happy birthday or asking where the fuck I was or how they called / rang the doorbell etc. I went out with a girl friend on thursday at 11pm and came home on friday at like 4pm and im still not sure what went down at all

im sitting on my living room with a laptop and a cup of coffee responding to all that shit now

it aint pretty but when you're this good at rocket league you get some tough shit in other aspects of life to balance it out. #blessed

Usually i'd say that's great, but i can see it becoming a worrying sing. Boding fools in rocket league comes with great responsability.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I wonder if my laptop could even run TPP. Might be a reason to get a PS4, although the last couple of years of Steam gaming has made the prospect almost unthinkable.

Grief.exe

2f0.gif

I get promoted on Tuesday, thus pretty much locking me into a full career in the military. To celebrate, here's this game people have been talking about. Enjoy!
Edit: It's Phantom Pain with the GZ preorder. Picture is wrong once again for my giveaways.

Assuming US, but that's actually quite huge considering the personnel reduction due to budget cuts that is currently going on.

From what I've heard from my officer friends in the military, if they have 5 officers ready for promotion they rank each one on a one to five scale. The best officer gets a five and promoted, the 'worst' gets a one and out of the army. Brutal.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please don't send them.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Conflicks -- MB-E88CF80489A76481 - Taken by Kuroyume
Conflicks #3 -- MB-1FE7C590149D2D25 - Taken by Kagemusha
Conflicks #2 -- MB-A1F885EDA2B95DC4 - Taken by Mavromatis

great game

http://store.steampowered.com/app/288260

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I just caught up on that Telltale bundle deal, pretty crazy. Adding those Poker Night games actually brought the price down, looking forward to getting stuck into GoT and BL now. Really enjoyed TWAU when that came out. Not heard great things about Jurassic Park though so I skipped that one.

Why not ask in the game's actual OT?
The ports are good and run fine, if you want a legal good way of playing the games, the Legacy collection is the way to go right now.

thanks :) , and about asking in the OT , to be honest i dont even see anything other than steamgaf so i had no idea that there was one

Hey I beat another game, just in time for MGSV:

Crossposting from the Zombi OT:
Finished the game, TL:DR: Awesome game, kinda shitty PC port

Cxx59e7.jpg

Endgame spoilers spoiler'd:

I really enjoyed the game, gameclock above says 6 hours but Steam time says 9... I think it was closer to ~6.5 hours because of following reasons:

1. I ran into a permacrash after getting killed for the first time: 1 hours lost and and 1 hour to debug until restarting

2. Crash in the nursery (but recovering from this only took around ~10 minutes)

3. Crash in the
ending section tunnels: threw a grenade, it just bounced to the floor, game crashed. Only maybe 5 minutes there because LUCKILY I had a save in near the turret section: going back to that area after dying was not only confusing but really hard.

Overall, like I said, I really, really liked the game. Missed couple of C4's (I think) so I couldn't blow some stuff up in
Buckingham Palace
and I didn't care to find all the 4 paintings: other than that I found most everything. At some parts the game was a bit vague in which direction to go
the gasoline station part
but otherwise it really scratched that Dark Souls itch. One big minus for the repeated environments: why were there like 10 of those "ladder, hole in the wall, metro station" parts?

The game was really, REALLY tense. Like some say the weapons, especially the guns lack oooopmh, but otherwise the game has totally awesome sound design. The graphics are okay, but the cutscene videos have been packed with the shittiest Bink compression (I guess) they could find. I like the gameplay too, I can see why not everyone would be a fan of that. I only died 3 times, 2 of those at the exact same spot to an exploding zombie which was weird (
I think when going back to that little island area to reach some place, maybe that gasoline station?).

The missions were fun, the pacing was great except for the
ending sequence. It was just... too long and too tense, with zombies coming from every side. It got me sweating though, so I guess that was good. I also didn't like the repeated paranormal zombie x 2 in the last palace section.
. Some of the enemies
like all of the special enemies
were kinda annoying in retrospect
which was kinda weird game design: I counted 3-4 of those lightning zombies and 2 of the paranormal ones. So they could have been just boss fights.
. Seriously, fuck those explosive enemies. The
arena section was kinda weird too. It had this Walking Deadish plottwist that was solved in very Walking Deadish way: by doing pretty much nothing.
. Also the ending
was really abrupt: shoot the most quiet turret in the world, run to a door, shitty quality movie plays which I didn't really understand. Prepper picked up another guy? Okay, but wasn't place firebombed just now? At least the epilogue was surprising.

For the sequel I would want: less run and gun sections, less hectic sections, more creepy Zombi'ing and
less paranormal zombies.
. Basically, just more of Vanilla Zombi. If you like horror games or Dark Souls or just permadeath games in general, Zombi is a must buy.

Backlogger

I fired up Telltale's Jurassic Park last night and did you know you can't cycle through the resolution settings and then apply changes? No, it updates the resolution each time. It took like 3 minutes to get to the highest resolution. Not sure I have ever seen graphics settings handled that way in a game before.

Hektor

I fired up Telltale's Jurassic Park last night and did you know you can't cycle through the resolution settings and then apply changes? No, it updates the resolution each time. It took like 3 minutes to get to the highest resolution. Not sure I have ever seen graphics settings handled that way in a game before.

I started the game yesterday too, and ragequittet because of that,

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Asgaro, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GRID -- MB-8D0B486C5EA79372 - Taken by Se7enSword. 5 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-368E61A99C3532DD
Garry's Mod -- MB-197A532EB629ABD8 - Taken by SSPssp. 6 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-ABF964EC43D14C79 - Taken by texhnolyze. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Garry's Mod was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Risk of Rain was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1440961422z1.png

Wok

I am still mad that I bought GoT from GMG when they had their discount for 20 bucks, instead of 30 a few days after the release: I did not get a Steam key and I did not get a refund. Now, I could get the game on Steam for 7 bucks if I were to double-dip. Enough!

I am still mad that I bought GoT from GMG when they had their discount for 20 bucks, instead of 30 a few days after the release: I did not get a Steam key and I did not get a refund. Now, I could get the game on Steam for 7 bucks if I were to double-dip. Enough!

You'd still be three bucks ahead.

Make the right choice, Wok.

Momentary

Banned
Already passed the amount the first Kickstarter got. As much as people have been vindictive towards some Kickstarter companies, it's clear that releasing a loved game builds up a lot of good will also.

Going for that $50 tier. I've still haven't played the first one.

Is there pre-load on XB1 for MGSV?

if not it seems like they made a business decision to only allow PS4 pre-load for some reason
(money)
...and if there is then they just made a pretty stupid decision as far as PC buyers go

It's not common practice to do preloads for large games on STEAM. Mad Max did it because they are trying to be different.

Tizoc

What's with everyone in a hissy fit over MGS5 not having a PC preload?
So you get to play the game 1-2 days after everyone else, big friggin' whoop you have 500+ games in your Steam library, catch up on your backlog you whinning whippersnapers.

Deitus

So you get to play the game 1-2 days after everyone else, big friggin' whoop you have 500+ games in your Steam library, catch up on your backlog you whinning whippersnapers.

Because there is literally no reason for it to not have one.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Hardly acceptable when other systems are getting a preload. And perhaps people wish to play the game beside their friends, and would rather not have to wait an extra few days while their meager internet slowly downloads ~30GB of data?

The only thing holding the preload back is Konami.

Dsyndrome

Same reason people are pissed off that every region except NA gets Fatal Frame V physical, new 3DS, *insert Nintendo product here*: there's no reason for it when absolutely everyone else gets that option.

Tizoc pls

At least we can download with the speed our connections permit on Steam, PSN on the other hand really needs preloads.
Good for you, but I need preloads too. 500 kbps download speed isn't fun. >_>

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
At least we can download with the speed our connections permit on Steam, PSN on the other hand really needs preloads.

A common defence is "Sony is struggling as a company and can't afford to spend money on unnecessary upgrades", but it could just do what Valve does and allow third-party content servers. Mind you, this is the same company that, despite two particularly notable security breaches, has yet to implement 2FA and still requires users to add a payment method to their account when purchasing something (though to be fair, it's very easy to delete a saved payment method).

Phinor

So true. On my 100Mbit connection I would have needed the PSN pre-load to start yesterday for it to finish on time for release. Steam (and Origin/Uplay) on the other hand happily maxes out the connection.

I have my PC and consoles(Wii U excepted) connected via ethernet.

Still don't understand why Nintendo got rid of ethernet ports with the Wii *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom