• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
12am Eastern.. also even though the store page says that if you already own it you can start to install when it goes live. (Source: TPP)
3 more hours for NZ time. I want to believe.

also swear on me mum that Alien Isolation did the same thing where the steam page was wrong but I could still install it...

The timer will disappear when the game unlocks. You're right that it could suddenly release earlier than indicated if the request isn't made until the eleventh hour, as was the case with Alien, but I've said as much myself.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
legend_endtag.jpg

They mentioned the price on the discussion board. 20% discount for the first week too!

Standard [Digital Steam or GOG]:
US$24.99, £18.99, 24,99€, 449 pуб., R$ 45,99, ¥ 2,480, 170,00 kr, Rp 169 999, RM47.00, P629.95, S$25.00, ฿459.00, ₩27,000, 39,00 TL, 119₴, Mex$ 225.99, CDN$ 27.99, A$ 29.99, NZ$ 29.99

Deluxe [Digital, Sound Track, Art Book and Wallpaper pack]:
US$ 39.99, £29.99, 36,99€, 699 pуб., R$ 72,99, ¥ 3,980, 270,00 kr, Rp 269 999, RM75.00, P999.95, S$39.00, ฿729.00, ₩43,000, 59,00 TL, 179₴, Mex$ 355.99, CDN$ 43.99, A$ 45.99, NZ$ 47.99

I don't know why my psychological barrier for the price of almost all indie games is 20$ but unless it's a known quantity, like Frictional Games, or there's universal praise, anything over 20$ is just too high an asking price.

Arthea

so, 25€ is new 15? or 20?
well, irrelevant, I'm not buying anything untill winter sale, for real and even if I was, that would be this game

cheaper too

but I'm in no position of buying anything being back at 200 "now playing" games

still, why there was no talk about Subject 13 at all, nobody have bought it?

Eanan

So been offered Grid Autosport randomly for a few games now, and checked and its like €2 on key sites. Wonder why the massive price drop.

Arthea

Is there any IP check when purchasing? Any German Social Security number you need to give while registering? Anything else to ward of purchase for non-DeutschGAF?
€2.50 for Grow Home sounds just about right for me.

I'm sure that's not all, you need to submit your blood sample for DNA check too

sorry

Pachimari

You can do. The campaigns have no story connection to one another though, so you can play in any order really. If you do play Dead Man's Switch, play that first, as it's markedly worse than Dragonfall and Hong Kong.

Alright thanks, I'll look into it.

I'm giving away one more copy of Portal 2, seeing that I got two from pre-ordering one Steam controller. I can't guarantee that it works but it should.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madridista, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Portal 2 -- MB-81E98FA4CD98DC2F - Taken by bobnowhere. 8 entrants total.

t1441024643z1.png

Ban Puncher

Poop from my butt.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Deadly Premonition -- MB-38F2D6BEF9213645 - Taken by fuzzy123

Milamber

I'm only interested in one of those two, btw

have anybody got into Nep Nep 3 beta? I didn't as usual

Did  they  already  release  the  third  beta  winners?

Pachimari

I gotta hear, is the Dead Island Epidemic open beta still ongoing? Since I have four copies of it in my gifts inventory, I just want to get rid of them really.

derExperte

I don't know why my psychological barrier for the price of almost all indie games is 20$ but unless it's a known quantity, like Frictional Games, or there's universal praise, anything over 20$ is just too high an asking price.

STASIS is getting universal praise so go ahead and spend money. Sure it was a Kickstarter but it looks better than a lot of adventure games that were sold for more just a few years ago. Playtime is perfectly fine also.

Is there any IP check when purchasing? Any German Social Security number you need to give while registering? Anything else to ward of purchase for non-DeutschGAF?
€2.50 for Grow Home sounds just about right for me.

Doubtful since it's an Austrian shop. 10%13Z gets you a further -10% btw. If it doesn't work I can buy a few keys.

Arthea

This makes me wonder, how many people apply for beta for +1 and not for a game itself and doing actual beta. Did IF ever revoke a game for false beta testers? Just curious
probably nobody knows

I'll think about it lol

I have a lot on my plate right now, and after The Phantom Pain there are some overdue games that i need to play and finish as well.

I just wanted reason to post it, and you gave me one

This makes me wonder, how many people apply for beta for +1 and not for a game itself and doing actual beta. Did IF ever revoke a game for false beta testers? Just curious
probably nobody knows

If i did get in to the beta, i'd obviously have to play it. I never said I wouldn't.

I just wanted reason to post it, and you gave me one
Anytime! :p

Still not reason to say the "+"-word.
Okay. lesson learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom