• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
so,

how many hours till MGSV?

I just want to know if this is a thing i'll play sometime today or not

edit: I suppose we just blew pasted the earliest expected time? I mean cmon, just release the stupid thing already

Tizoc

How the mighty have fallen

Hey Capcom, both Breath of Fire V and Dragon's Dogma would sell amazeballs on Steam. kthxbai

Enough with the hyperbole, Street Fighter 5 is shaping up great, we're Getting RE 0 HD by next year, RE2 Remake is in development, and they just released Dai Gyakuten Saiban a month ago, also Sengoku Basara 4 Semuragi.

BoF6 will likely get ported to the 3DS in due time, it's bizarre that Capcom are still persuing the mobile market still, although they're just better off putting some of their previous releases on there ala MonHun Freedom and the Phoenix Wright games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (j0hnny_385, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-05E9BBEB7D136483 - Taken by fertygo

Enjoy! ;)

Knurek

Enough with the hyperbole, Street Fighter 5 is shaping up great, we're Getting RE 0 HD by next year, RE2 Remake is in development, and they just released Dai Gyakuten Saiban a month ago, also Sengoku Basara 4 Semuragi.

I didn't mean Capcom in general, just the BoF series.

Vuze

so,

it's not available anywhere on pc until:

t1441080000z0.png
if the latest comment by Konami / MGS PR guy is to be believed.

Cheers!

Grief.exe

That's what I was referring to. Hoping to start the download around then in time for maybe playing this week....

The only thing I'm really sure of at the moment is no one knows when the shit this is actually releasing. What a mess.

so,

edit: I suppose we just blew pasted the earliest expected time? I mean cmon, just release the stupid thing already

Konami confirmed 9 PM Pacific 8/31 unlock time.

Peeler chose the midnight 9/1 NZ unlock time as the mountain he would die on. Just leave him there.

ahh, so midnight tonight here on the east coast

I guess ill play this after work tomorrow. meh.

Starting the download from bed. Getting ~5 hours of sleep. Waking up early for some MGSV before work.

Helps that I don't live on the East Coast, so I have a few hours extra for 'free.'

Phawx

Hello Steam friends. I just came back from vacation. I miss anything noteworthy?

Also I own Rocket League now because I preordered the steam controller awhile ago. That was nice.

Ludens

Banned
So, I have a problem with Close your Eyes.
I don't know if this is just an effect or what, but the game costantly flickers and this is the result:

I don't know if it's supposed to be like this.

Win 10, latest Nvidia drivers, 970 if this can help.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So, I have a problem with Close your Eyes.
I don't know if this is just an effect or what, but the game costantly flickers and this is the result:

I don't know if it's supposed to be like this.

Win 10, latest Nvidia drivers, 970 if this can help.

Oh my, I certainly can say I've never had that issue or have had anyone report it. Have you tried alt+enter, to switch to and from fullscreen?

I have a sneaking suspicion it's either that or something with Windows 10.

Maniac

Banned
I'm sure there'll be some optimizated drivers up soon, they have a close collaboration going for TPP/GZ after all (Nvidia providing demo stations, the voucher thing, etc).
Also I don't think TPP offers any Gameworks effects, does it?

HBAO+ probably, which in and of itself is one of the biggest effects they have, imo. It does soooo much for a very minimal performance impact.
Unless its massive RPG like Divinity OS, I'm not willing to buying any indie for 20 bucks

You disgust me.
I would agree if its not first person view game ::(

Enjoyed the shit out of HR, but oh boy how I wish its a full third-person view game like MGS

You disgust me even more now.
Razer? ugh

Atleast it's not Madcatz.
OH BOY - MEMES

Pre-order cancelled.

To be fair, the Illuminati was a part of the Deus Ex lore and franchise long before it was a meme. Before the birth of memes, in fact.
Hello Steam friends. I just came back from vacation. I miss anything noteworthy?

Also I own Rocket League now because I preordered the steam controller awhile ago. That was nice.

Grats, yo. :>

And you missed... These cutesy monsters and stuff

Edit: Hope you had a great vacation, by the way! Glad to see you back! And welcome back, ofcourse :)

Ludens

Banned
Oh my, I certainly can say I've never had that issue or have had anyone report it. Have you tried alt+enter, to switch to and from fullscreen?

Yes, I also tried to change compatibility back to Win XP, Vista and 7 but nothing works.
Other games are fine, I just completed Decay, I booted Witcher 3 and GOT to check, all ok.

Starting the download from bed. Getting ~5 hours of sleep. Waking up early for some MGSV before work.

Helps that I don't live on the East Coast, so I have a few hours extra for 'free.'

my issue is that, as much as i want to see the carnival of stupid that is the final Kojima MGS game, I am now old enough where 7-8 hours of sleep is pretty much above everything.

that's what getting old does to you, you look forward to decent sleep because it's really nice

redlacs

quite discounted price of telltale games in make your own bundle at humble. put five games in cart and watch the magic happen. last 90 minutes warning

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Dsyndrome, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain -- MB-ED47B051263E0897 - Taken by SirMossyBloke. 103 entrants total.

t1441038162z1.png

Chariot

Got reply from mindfactory, they don't do something like newegg and could just told me that Batman is still getting optimized. Blergh.

Knurek

Yes, I also tried to change compatibility back to Win XP, Vista and 7 but nothing works.
Other games are fine, I just completed Decay, I booted Witcher 3 and GOT to check, all ok.

RPGMaker (2k3 IIRC) has well known compatibility issues with Windows 10, resulting in screen flicker.

I redeemed the steam keys but it should be safe to give these away, right?

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Telltale DRM keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Freedom = $1.05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

faviconuvuwz.png
The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Telltale Games DRM) -- MB-49277F0AAA4A13AF - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.
faviconuvuwz.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Jurassic Park: The Game (Telltale Games DRM) -- MB-11A46256D240D5B3 - Taken by H1PSTER. 2 entrants total.
faviconuvuwz.png
Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale Games DRM) -- MB-6D1ACDF6992423B8 - Taken by The Bad Guy. 2 entrants total.
faviconuvuwz.png
Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series (Telltale Games DRM) -- MB-A0D0C50129DF3356 - Taken by Nzyme32. 2 entrants total.

t1441035384z1.png

Maniac

Banned
Figures

I'm sorry breh..

Good.

Now attone for your sins by praising the holy trinity of FPS', Deus Ex, Half Life & Wolfenstein.

You may start now.

If someone knows anything about Quiet as of yet, can you please tell me... Are you ashamed of your words & deeds?

Gotta know, man. Gotta know.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

works fine on win 10 here for whats it worth

Dsyndrome

If someone knows anything about Quiet as of yet, can you please tell me... Are you ashamed of your words & deeds?

I'll be angry if anyone answers you, PM that nonsense. I don't want to know.

No flickers for me on Win 10, Nvidia drivers today, but all I did was install it and see the "Welcome" part, since I need to go to work momentarily.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Here's two suggestions I pulled from the internet, though will look into it more from my side.

01.) Go project folder and run Game.exe (this would be in the Close Your Eyes Steamapps folder)/ If you got Nvidia Optimus thingy, then right click Game.exe and run with Intel GPU.

02.) Press F1 Ingame and Mark the Option "Reduce Screen Flickering".

03.) Some people are saying just make sure drivers are updated, but who knows.

Jawmuncher

Good.

Now attone for your sins by praising the holy trinity of FPS', Deus Ex, Half Life & Wolfenstein.

You may start now.

As I have said before still hope this new Deus Ex makes up for the last game. It never got as cool as its reveal CG trailer.

----

As for quiet I do know some things, and no I don't feel that way after knowing why her costume is that way.

Ludens

Banned
works fine on win 10 here for whats it worth

Really? I don't know what causes that, than. Are you on latest Nvidia drivers (the one released today)?

Here's two suggestions I pulled from the internet, though will look into it more from my side.

01.) Go project folder and run Game.exe (this would be in the Close Your Eyes Steamapps folder)/ If you got Nvidia Optimus thingy, then right click Game.exe and run with Intel GPU.

02.) Press F1 Ingame and Mark the Option "Reduce Screen Flickering".

03.) Some people are saying just make sure drivers are updated, but who knows.

Tried those (I don't have Nvidia optimus), but nothing changes :S

I saw this, dunno if it can be useful

http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/8668/

my issue is that, as much as i want to see the carnival of stupid that is the final Kojima MGS game, I am now old enough where 7-8 hours of sleep is pretty much above everything.

that's what getting old does to you, you look forward to decent sleep because it's really nice

Have a kid, then you embrace sleep on a whole other level.

"3 straight hours of sleep! Nice!"

Maniac

Banned
I'll be angry if anyone answers you, PM that nonsense. I don't want to know.

No flickers for me on Win 10, Nvidia drivers today, but all I did was install it and see the "Welcome" part, since I need to go to work momentarily.

I wasn't asking for spoilers or anything, just asking if anyone was ashamed of their words and their deeds, because you know, justification of fan-service and eyecandy and boobies ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As I have said before still hope this new Deus Ex makes up for the last game. It never got as cool as its reveal CG trailer.

----

As for quiet I do know some things, and no I don't feel that way after knowing why her costume is that way.

I meant the OG Deus Ex, ofcourse. It's still the best one. And I concur. The CG trailer looked like a better game than HR was in itself.
Deus ex and Mirror Edge series is the only FP game that I clicked with, fuck everything else

Naw, fuckah yoooooo

HL is great. And the new Wolfenstein is thé best shooter in so many, many years.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Poker night at the inventory -- MB-42494722F36C2463 - Taken by Mikurden

Chariot

I wasn't asking for spoilers or anything, just asking if anyone was ashamed of their words and their deeds, because you know, justification of fan-service and eyecandy and boobies ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I read the spoilers, I'm ashamed, but not the way Kojima expected.

oh... i entered for that giveaway thinking it was ground zeroes, didn't realize it was TPP till after i sent it. ah well, I'm not going to win anyway.

Sch1sm

oh... i entered for that giveaway thinking it was ground zeroes, didn't realize it was TPP till after i sent it. ah well, I'm not going to win anyway.

If you aren't in any other giveaway, you can send ModBot a PM with the subject "disqualify me" and any text in the remaining field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom