• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I'd subscribe to Playstation Now if they offered PS4 games.

I'd subscribe for Trails of Steel and newest Gust games, but latter are not available, only oldest are, so it leaves Trails of Steel (if it will be available for PC users), now, if I can subscribe for one month and then play a game forever, I might do just that, if not, if it works like plus, subscription is totally not worth it for someone interested only in two longass games.

Knurek

So,with this dongle i can use my DS4 on steam games? Or just inside PS now program?
I thought DS4 is Bluetooth controller,how it's going to connect to the dongle...oh you need the new DS4.

Seems to be just be a Bluetooth dongle with a Sony markings (and markup).

RG0BS1U.gif

PlayStation Now Coming to PC, DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor Unveiled

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...pc-dualshock-4-usb-wireless-adaptor-unveiled/
Regular ports of old pre-PS4 exclusives were already never in the stars, so it's OK for an ability to play them without the console but I don't like game-streaming and the price is not a sweet-spot.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
The 7 day trial they offer for Playstation Now sounds good. That should be enough time to finish TLoU and Journey.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'd subscribe for Trails of Steel and newest Gust games, but latter are not available, only oldest are, so it leaves Trails of Steel (if it will be available for PC users), now, if I can subscribe for one month and then play a game forever, I might do just that, if not, if it works like plus, subscription is totally not worth it for someone interested only in two longass games.

Correct, you only get access for as long as you pay for it. If you cancel your subscription, you won't get to keep playing the games you already had access to.

Amzin

So as someone who is only interested in buying a PS4 for some of the exclusives from E3... this announcement means nothing right? :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-232C34F6D7A003E7 - Taken by fspm. 18 entrants total.

t1471981125z1.png

Arthea

Finally, love that game. Best CCG / Strategy game right now.

And easy 100% achievements, that's a plus...

don't do this to me, please don't
I don't need one more addiction! I have plenty as it is
*installs

Correct, you only get access for as long as you pay for it. If you cancel your subscription, you won't get to keep playing the games you already had access to.

yeah, considering that each Trails games is two-three-four months for me, that makes it most useless service under the sun for me, I like Trails, don't get me wrong, but that has nothing to do with giving sony $100 or so that I could play it on "PC".

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So as someone who is only interested in buying a PS4 for some of the exclusives from E3... this announcement means nothing right? :p

Not really, no. The announcement of the official PC dualshock 4 dongle is nice, as you can already "Remote Play" games from your PS4 to PC - but you still need a PS4 to play PS4 games.

L.O.R.D

Seems to be just be a Bluetooth dongle with a Sony markings (and markup).

that would be stupid,bluetooth dongle can only connect to 1 controller.
so my guess it's a wifi adapter,the problem here is the DS4 we have right now has only bluetooth parts,maybe the new leaked DS4 has wifi enabled ,so.....OMG!

S9eei.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lethal League -- MB-7E91AE676B7D3200 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 1 entrants total.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch -- MB-202AB2DD08B2D490 - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.

t1471978740z1.png

videogames

Arthea

Monster Hunter is far more suited to PC and it's never coming either. Japanese gamers and their low standards for hardware ruin it for all of us.

I'm not so sure that's the case, as far as MH goes, lower reqs only would make it that much more popular on PC and it has a chance to be hella popular, seeing as PC folks like hard games.
Series are not on PC, because Japan don't play games on PC, or something like that.

AsylumX

don't do this to me, please don't
I don't need one more addiction! I have plenty as it is
*installs

You don't need to invest too much time in this game to feel rewarded. You get a couple of quests a day which lets you buy a pack and the RNG in the packs is quite generous. It has the hearthstone model but way more F2P friendly.

if you like it with 1 hour a day you will be more than fine...

Ozium

getting smooth framerate >60fps and no tearing at very high preset in doozecks

why are people saying it's a bad port?

I'm not so sure that's the case, as far as MH goes, lower reqs only would make it that much more popular on PC and it has a chance to be hella popular, seeing as PC folks like hard games.
Series are not on PC, because Japan don't play games on PC, or something like that.

Yea makes complete sense. No one else in the world likes hard action games apparently. It's not like the Souls series sells a fuckton on PC in Europe and NA or anything. Nope, not at all Capcopomom.

mp1990

Banned
Damn, I got scared shitless when I woke up half asleep and saw both Devil May Cry HD Collection and Okami in the same bundle. For a moment, I questioned my entire existence.

Hektor

Oh, i had a crash during a cutscene

How does this work, exactly? There isn't a save import feature, right?

Are there set pieces that make up the "canon" ending and that's what you're playing in the sequel?

Well, with that i meant that all the augmentations you had (or not had) at the ending of HR seem to be default abilitys in MD and instead you unlock mostly new stuff. Altho hacking starts back at square 1.

The story doesn't seem to connect to HR all that much outside of the
Zombies being the reason for peoples fear of augmentation

But certain things seem to be canon, like that you killed all bosses in HR, there is even a recap video telling you that much.

getting smooth framerate >60fps and no tearing at very high preset in doozecks

why are people saying it's a bad port?

Cus they got integrated gpus and can't max everything (exaggerating, a little)

I'm on high with a 770 and am getting 40-60fps, might just settle mdium but it sure is pretty. Only thing I hate is the mouse acceleration.

Deus Ex is great! Getting 60fps during gameplay with Ultra, no MSAA, only had a couple dips around 47-52ish range during a cutscene but during gameplay it's locked.

Also I like the sharpening filter, I think it looks better with it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Vampyr reminds me too much of Murdered: Soul Suspect. Although the story was pretty good I hated it, so most likely I'll pass on this game.

Mivey

So its using a Netflix-like model? I mean, there are maybe two or three games that might interest me, so if I pay for one month (that is, start the subscription and cancel it by the next month) I could just play those games or do you have to pay for both service and separately for games?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ya'll get excited to give Sony 25 bucks to use your 60 dollar controllers on PC.

Valve puts their controller on sale for 35 and you're there having an existential crisis.

Hektor

Oh, i had a crash during a cutscene

aaaand again, at the very same moment when
the explosion hits while your talking to that woman

Hmpf.

I probably should watch that one on YT, skip it in game and hope it doesn't happen in others as well.

Ya'll get excited to give Sony 25 bucks to use your 60 dollar controllers on PC.

Valve puts their controller on sale for 35 and you're there having an existential crisis.

Who's excited to hand over $25 when it's well known a $3 adapter works fine?

Also for myself and others, the Steam controller is doodoo.

jshackles

So its using a Netflix-like model? I mean, there are maybe two or three games that might interest me, so if I pay for one month (that is, start the subscription and cancel it by the next month) I could just play those games or do you have to pay for both service and separately for games?

All the games on this list are available in a Netflix-like subscription model without having to pay any extra. But as I mentioned earlier, you lose access to the games whenever you stop paying the monthly fee.

Hektor

You 👏 can't 👏 even 👏 skip 👏 this 👏 five 👏 minute 👏 scene 👏 cos it's one of those cutscenes where you can move the camera around to pretend you're actually doing something.

€: God bless, it's going through this time! I only needed to watch this cutscenes thrice for that to happen 😉

chronomac

Couple extras:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-9161529E503EEB4A - Taken by PaulSane. 2 entrants total.
Regency Solitaire -- MB-6130B590B946A25A - Taken by rainking187. 8 entrants total.

t1471981767z1.png

Phawx

I'm definitely more excited about the USB adapter than PS Now being available.

PS Now is too expensive.

Agreed. Good times on the USB adapter though. Man it's so good to be a PC gamer in these days.

Remember Gravis gamepads? Gross.

You �� can't �� even �� skip �� this �� five �� minute �� scene ��

Help me out here gang, when I parse this, is it a double-clap, single-clap, or more of just a jaunty snap. There is no way I conceptualize this trend that doesn't sound like some weird telegram with claps instead of stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom