• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Got Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (bought it in the B/S/T thread for cheap), and holy shit trying to set up the controls is a fucking nightmare. How is there something that still requires x360ce to use a controller? This is literally the only game I've played since coming back to Steam/PC gaming that doesn't just outright work with my DS4 out of the box, either natively or with Steam's built-in controller support.

Oh well. Uninstalled already. Glad I only paid $1.50 for it. Ugh.

DS4 Windows. Real simple, real easy.

http://ds4windows.com/

Dead Rising 2 might be a bit strange because they had to remove GFWL from the game and rerelease it, so there may still be some relics left over preventing the Steam API.

low-G

I'm not a big MP guy but PUBG is some serious fun for anyone on the fence. I just really enjoy seeing the amount of players tick down and how just playing smart can get you to the top 10. Since it becomes a battle of wits the less players there are.

Same here. I bought PUBG to see if I had claimed the Prime loot crate (I had), but I stayed for the game and WOW. I thought it seemed good for a MP game, but it's way better than good. It is a lot more than the sum of its parts.

MUnited83

For you.
The "No teaming" rule largely applies to arranged teams before the game starts. Random truces with people you don't know are generally not banned (there's plenty of temporary cooperation of hitching rides etc. even in solos).

There's a bit of a difference between giving a ride to someone, to teaming up and steamrolling through the entire game match, even having a fist match to decide the winners.

Amzin

There's a bit of a difference between giving a ride to someone, to teaming up and steamrolling through the entire game match, even having a fist match to decide the winners.

There is, and doing actual alliances all game repeatedly will get you banned. Periodically happening to work out with some randos doesn't really get you punished and isn't inherently against the spirit of the game because those randos and you will probably never trust each other and I imagine most of the time just gets you shot in the back if you're the more trusting half of the equation.

Just have fun.
Leaderboards are getting scrubbed anyway.

Definitely had fun. Didn't think it would have been that big of a deal. People play co-op all the time, maybe not to the extent that we do. I didn't expect this people to be that mad over it. I should have just kept my mouth shut in all honesty.

It's still cooperation. Making exemptions to the rules isn't how you moderate.

I'm not excusing my actions, I can definitely see how someone would manipulate what happened for malicious intent. It was just a one time thing. I never meant for it to happen. Just things happened to align.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that humble monthly leak, assuming it's real, has filled my penisheart with joy. Well not filled, but I'm pretty happy about it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What was it.

One Piece Burning Blood being one of the games in the current monthly that is revealed tomorow.

Frost told me, so I assume he saw it on the humble monthly thread since its not being discussed here?

There's also a rumor going around that Nongünz is another game in the monthly so I guess everyone will find out soon enough

would not mind that one at all either

Madventure

There's also a rumor going around that Nongünz is another game in the monthly so I guess everyone will find out soon enough

Rhaknar

C69ilVh.jpg

the would be Burning Blood picture btw

One Piece Burning Blood being one of the games in the current monthly that is revealed tomorow.

Frost told me, so I assume he saw it on the humble monthly thread since its not being discussed here?

would not mind that one at all either

Someone in one of the discords I'm on posted it. Seemed plausible.

There were rumours that it was going to be in one of the monthly bundles when it was launching, but that didn't pan out... I'd definitely be happy to see it in tomorrow's though.

Stoze

Managed to beat Fidel and get one of the hardest achievements in a little over 5 hours of playtime, now I'm trying to figure out the other secrets/chievos I didn't get.

This game is so good ya'll.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I need help understanding this:

Seems someone tried to log into my account yesterday. I got another mail 3 hours later with a different IP. Could be connected with some of the hacks that happened some time ago (Adobe, cheapassgamer, and whatnot), but I never bothered to change my password, because the password to my email is a different one. What's really weird is that I don't get addressed by steam with my actual login name, it's the account name I might have used on some site that allowed logging in via Steam. And why the hell does Steam still send me a Steam Guard code when I already use the Mobile Authenticator ?

Are you sure you're not forgetting about an alt account? I doubt it's a phishing e-mail, unless the recovery link leads somewhere malicious and they're hoping you'll click on it.

BHK3

Banned
I can literally never stay signed in on Steam through my internet browser. It's SO ANNYONING to always have to find my phone just to sign in despite me checking off "Remember me". Is this a cookie problem or is there an option in enhanced steam that I bugged up?

After those Monthly leaks it doesn't hold much hope there's other games that will interest me, so now my attention is toward the headliner games for next month pulling me in to sub. A nice shooter or stealth game perhaps.

Coreda

https://twitter.com/awintory/status/893303003075276800

Can't find any more confirmation beyond Austin's tweet, otherwise I'd post a thread. Licht did the soundtrack for Dishonored 1 and 2, as well as the Dexter TV series, and other stuff. Very sad if true.

I think it might be worth posting, even if the title is framed something like 'Austin Wintory tweets Dan Licht (Dishonored composer) has passed away'. With Austin apparently being a friend of his and a fellow composer it doesn't seem like the kind of thing someone would tweet otherwise.

Pixieking

Banned
I think it might be worth posting, even if the title is framed something like 'Austin Wintory tweets Dan Licht (Dishonored composer) has passed away'. With Austin apparently being a friend of his and a fellow composer it doesn't seem like the kind of thing someone would tweet otherwise.

Fair. Will do it now (using your title, I think :) ).

sadblob

Pk8Z2WO.png

One of the best games I've ever played. The replayability is immense (you can argue the real game is NG+) and it's incredibly entertaining. Also I really liked the story.

My only complaint is that the campaign is very short, but replaying it with another build makes up for that.

This Scheherezade game is pretty long, but not too bad. There is a minor character - your sort-of-uncle Rudeger von Prenzwald, - and the only thing I can think whenever he shows up is "Please don't let the German be the bad guy, please don't let the German be the bad guy, can you give us one goddamn game where the German isn't the bad guy..."

Signs are pointing to "no we can't" but I'm hoping against hope that it's all a swerve and he's really okay. I did hear that the developers claimed they had an outline for games all the way up to 1945, which if true would pretty much dash all hope.

shockdude

I can literally never stay signed in on Steam through my internet browser. It's SO ANNYONING to always have to find my phone just to sign in despite me checking off "Remember me". Is this a cookie problem or is there an option in enhanced steam that I bugged up?
This happens to me as well, using ES on Firefox. I put up with it by relying on the Steam client for most account-related things (except during summer/winter sales).

Echoplx

Got Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (bought it in the B/S/T thread for cheap), and holy shit trying to set up the controls is a fucking nightmare. How is there something that still requires x360ce to use a controller? This is literally the only game I've played since coming back to Steam/PC gaming that doesn't just outright work with my DS4 out of the box, either natively or with Steam's built-in controller support.

Oh well. Uninstalled already. Glad I only paid $1.50 for it. Ugh.

Did you try this?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/45770/discussions/0/343786746002621060/

The first post in that thread says it worked for the DS4.

Anything ever come out of Gameloft buying the company behind Euphoria? Crying shame and GTA V despite the considerable attention to detail, already felt much less dynamic in terms of rag dolls.

Lain

I tried to give a whirl to Wolcen once again, mostly to check how it performed now but also to see if anything changed about the player model characters and animations.
Sadly the model characters are still ugly as fuck and animate poorly as hell.
The performance improved in the initial tutorial part, with the game holding 60fps most of the time with drops here and there, but then I got to the... settlement and the performance went to shit, with the FPS dropping down 20/30 and stuttering all over the place.
I guess i'll have to wait until this stops being an alpha and becomes more of a beta or something.

Lain

SakuraGame got all of August covered with more of these games.
At least they're cheap.
I do hope the Otome looking game, Les Fleursword, will have a decent translation. I know it won't but hey, hope springs eternal.

Kiru

Are you sure you're not forgetting about an alt account? I doubt it's a phishing e-mail, unless the recovery link leads somewhere malicious and they're hoping you'll click on it.
Maybe I did set up an alt account that I forgot about, but can you use the same e-mail twice? I got the e-mails on my main accounts inbox. It's really weird. E-mails seem pretty legit btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom