• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page has been online for at least two days now, I've added it to my wishlist on 1 August. Not sure if the page was online before then.

Since June actually. I asked the community manager around E3 when pre-orders would go up and he didn't have any date to share back then.

Whoops should have refreshed.

Same. I own FC and SC so I would like the option to get TC for just a tad less whenever I wanted.

I'm still playing FC (it's been two years now ^_^), so it will be a few months until I buy SC, and at least a year (probably more) until I buy TC. These games are pretty long and I imagine many gamers wait until they beat one so they can buy the next, so XSEED could make a bundle or offer discounts like you suggested to entice people to buy them in advance.

Aaron D.

And bought.

Thanks for the heads-up.

EDIT:

m1dUcDB.jpg

Well hello, sunshine.

Wok

I have just stumbled upon this. Nothing to do with Steam except that I have found this tool in a tweet of a dev of a game to be released on Steam next year.

I love the wording.

No subscription. Just €54.99.

If I had an infinite amount of money, I would also buy a version of Glasswire on Steam. Meanwhile, I will just stick with Windows Firewall Controll and the free version of Glasswire.

CUyuOnK.png

Dr.Acula

Banned
Awwwww yeeeeeaaaah, new thread!

Also I want to echo the comments from that poster on the first page who was let down by Metro 2033 -me too. Haven't even finished it, just gonna cut my losses and go on to Last Light.

Nabs

You already know what time it is:

Hollow Knight - Hidden Dreams (Free DLC update) is out now. The game is also 34% off this weekend on Steam, GOG and Humble (cheaper with Monthly discount). Patch Notes here. New bosses, upgrade, stag station, and music.

"Hidden Dreams is the first of 3 free content packs for Hollow Knight, and we're packing all sorts of crazy stuff into the next ones. Keep your eyes peeled for more info and more reveals in the near future!"

cyba89

Bought Hollow Knight at launch and dropped it after a while because of that terrible map unlock system. Which is a shame because everything else about this game is so good.

Tried getting into it again and it's impossible because now I'm in the middle of nowhere without a map and without a general direction where to go next.

I will never get warm with this game unless the devs change the map system which I doubt.

Bought Hollow Knight at launch and dropped it after a while because of that terrible map unlock system. Which is a shame because everything else about this game is so good.

Tried getting into it again and it's impossible because now I'm in the middle of nowhere without a map and without a general direction where to go next.

I will never get warm with this game unless the devs change the map system which I doubt.

I was with you when I started but you get used to it and it is amazing and I think the game would be worse with a normal map. You can hear the guy scribbling and humming from one or two rooms away so you know where he is. Amazing game.

Eternia

I was kind of iffy on it at first but eventually didn't have too much of an issue. I just forced myself to explore zones while keeping an eye for the pieces of paper on the ground and the aforementioned humming.

Any idea what's up with the Enter the Gungeon expansion? There's been zero news from March I think.

Probably still working on it. I wouldn't be surprised if it'll coincide with the Switch release since Nintendo is favoring eShop games that have exclusive console content first and foremost.

So I dunno where to ask so I'll ask here

Trying to sell a dota item on steam, and it's on hold? I have the mobile authenticator and confirmed it through there, but it's still on hold?

(I downloaded the mobile authenticator last night, do I need to wait 7 days?)

Anno

They made some changes to help locate the map maker in each zone and it's now quite a bit easier. I doubt that they'll change the whole thing though as it's a pretty core tenet of the game.

Kiru

I need help understanding this:
Seems someone tried to log into my account yesterday. I got another mail 3 hours later with a different IP. Could be connected with some of the hacks that happened some time ago (Adobe, cheapassgamer, and whatnot), but I never bothered to change my password, because the password to my email is a different one. What's really weird is that I don't get addressed by steam with my actual login name, it's the account name I might have used on some site that allowed logging in via Steam. And why the hell does Steam still send me a Steam Guard code when I already use the Mobile Authenticator ?

Weird. I think the map system is perfect as is.
Reminded me of La-Mulana, where map was almost non-existant.

Vuze

Wow, Darksiders is a text book example of how to fuck up an otherwise decent game towards the end. Who greenlighted chapter 5? Dull, samey looking corridor levels with idiotic portal puzzles. And it seems I'm not even halfway through. Pass.

bbd23

Yeah I got to Deepnest recently but just dropped the game. every time I started to enjoy the game I had to deal with some trash boss fight or annoying platforming because inputs wouldn't register at times and even with the new "hints" I still hated the way the map worked.

hornet and mantis lords
were cool boss fights though. ill probably force myself to finish it at the end of the year.

Nabs

Yeah I got to Deepnest recently but just dropped the game. every time I started to enjoy the game I had to deal with some trash boss fight or annoying platforming because inputs wouldn't register at times and even with the new "hints" I still hated the way the map worked.

hornet and mantis lords
were cool boss fights though. ill probably force myself to finish it at the end of the year.

They added a thing called Native Input Mode in this new update. It's a beta feature to improve controller support. Give it a try when you decide to pick the game back up.

Wow, Darksiders is a text book example of how to fuck up an otherwise decent game towards the end. Who greenlighted chapter 5? Dull, samey looking corridor levels with idiotic portal puzzles. And it seems I'm not even halfway through. Pass.

The Black Throne? That was actually my favorite dungeon in the game :(

Also, I'm pretty sure you're way more than halfway through if you're up to that point.

Damn Cold Steel is 49.99$ CAD at regular price! Kinda pricey but these PUBG crates are helping with the cost lol.

Does CS follow Skys trend of having a billion missables and time sensitive items? I had to use a guide for SC and 3rd as I wanted most achievements on my first playthrough but that might have hampered the experience a bit.

Vuze

The Black Throne? That was actually my favorite dungeon in the game :(

Also, I'm pretty sure you're way more than halfway through if you're up to that point.
I was thinking about the chapter when I talked about the progress, it's the second to last chapter of the whole game but damn... I haven't enjoyed a single minute about it lol. Well the first (of apparently three) guardian fights was enjoyable but everything else...

Tonton

Damn Cold Steel is 49.99$ CAD at regular price! Kinda pricey but these PUBG crates are helping with the cost lol.

Does CS follow Skys trend of having a billion missables and time sensitive items? I had to use a guide for SC and 3rd as I wanted most achievements on my first playthrough but that might have hampered the experience a bit.

In Cold Steel there is a shop where you can buy the books you miss for a high price at random

There is also a pretty good spoiler free guide for the game if you want that

MUnited83

For you.
I have just stumbled upon this. Nothing to do with Steam except that I have found this tool in a tweet of a dev of a game to be released on Steam next year.

I love the wording.

If I had an infinite amount of money, I would also buy a version of Glasswire on Steam. Meanwhile, I will just stick with Windows Firewall Controll and the free version of Glasswire.

CUyuOnK.png

55€ is ridiculously cheap for a professional level photo editor, so that word seems fine.

FLD

"Hidden Dreams is the first of 3 free content packs for Hollow Knight, and we’re packing all sorts of crazy stuff into the next ones. Keep your eyes peeled for more info and more reveals in the near future!"

Oh, nice. I had no idea they were planning that kind of support and content updates. I still haven't gone back to get the true ending but now I think I'll do like I did with Shovel Knight and just replay the entire thing once more content has been released. Always cool when devs give you a good reason to replay an excellent game.

Uzzy

m1dUcDB.jpg

Well hello, sunshine.

Now that looks promising. Stellaris has lacked interesting options for the synthetic races, and the AI rebellion galactic crisis is especially rubbish, so hopefully this DLC will spruce things up a bit for them and make it more interesting. I'm looking forward to sticking all those icky fleshbag races I conquer into the Matrix.

Now if only they could make diplomacy and interacting with other civilisations interesting. Then we'd have a good game.

KainXVIII

Hollow Knight - Hidden Dreams (Free DLC update) is out now. The game is also 34% off this weekend on Steam, GOG and Humble (cheaper with Monthly discount). Patch Notes here. New bosses, upgrade, stag station, and music.

"Hidden Dreams is the first of 3 free content packs for Hollow Knight, and we’re packing all sorts of crazy stuff into the next ones. Keep your eyes peeled for more info and more reveals in the near future!"

My dualshock4 is now detected 😁 (not very useful, because there is no button prompts in this game, but still)

illusionary

Came here to post this! Everyone really should play this game... I'm currently a little over 20 hours in and really loving it, though I *think* getting near to the end (I reached
the second fight with Hornet last night, but had to call it a day before I could best her
). I'm very excited to check out the DLC...

Ladekabel

Will to wait for Switch version weakens.

I really want to play Hollow Knight but if I get on PC I probably would just power through the main story and not explore.

Lain

Time for me to (try to) get back to this and hopefully finish it.

Parsnip

Eh, I thought that dungeon was fine. A nice change of pace. Didn't think the puzzles were idiotic either.

Jawmuncher

Got to 2nd place in PUBG. So far my best match. Killed someone as soon as I landed and even had some fun just lining up a bunch of vehicles. Had to kill someone who tried to ruin that though. Came in second since the zone left me with nothing but an open field and I wasn't able to rush with the shotgun I had.

I'm not a big MP guy but PUBG is some serious fun for anyone on the fence. I just really enjoy seeing the amount of players tick down and how just playing smart can get you to the top 10. Since it becomes a battle of wits the less players there are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom