• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Will to wait for Switch version weakens.

I really want to play Hollow Knight but if I get on PC I probably would just power through the main story and not explore.

I've been wondering, how's the d-pad situation on the Switch?

Got to 2nd place in PUBG. So far my best match. Killed someone as soon as I landed and even had some fun just lining up a bunch of vehicles. Had to kill someone who tried to ruin that though. Came in second since the zone left me with nothing but an open field and I wasn't able to rush with the shotgun I had.

DGVXC-EUIAAd949.jpg
DGVXDorU0AA1nZf.jpg
DGVXEn-VwAIRVMD.jpg

I'm not a big MP guy but PUBG is some serious fun for anyone on the fence. I just really enjoy seeing the amount of players tick down and how just playing smart can get you to the top 10. Since it becomes a battle of wits the less players there are.

👍👍 It's really fun. I'm glad you're enjoying it. It's also easy to earn crates and sell them for $3 each.

Ladekabel

Dishonered 2 is available for 17€ on GMG with the summer code. Really considering it. Played the first one but not the DLC which I heard is the only thing necessary storywise. Is it worth it looking for a cheap price on them?

I've been wondering, how's the d-pad situation on the Switch?

Don't have a Pro Controller but so far I didn't have a problem with the split buttons. Given I've only played Wonderboy on Switch but it was fine. Menu navigation is good, too. In all honesty, I didn't even notice a difference to a regular good d-pad though it may be a bit too early to say that.

Came here to post this! Everyone really should play this game... I'm currently a little over 20 hours in and really loving it, though I *think* getting near to the end (I reached
the second fight with Hornet last night, but had to call it a day before I could best her
). I'm very excited to check out the DLC...
You've got a decent chunk left depending on how much you want to do and what endings you want.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Surge as the new monthly game tomorow is the only thing that will bring me joy this weekend.

so I will have no joy this weekend.

Sarcasm

Need to get back into Hollow Knight but the controls aren't tight.

Using a xbox one wired and still get delay and other stuff.

Fight the controls more then anything.

I was at the third or fourth fight with the
mantis
chick.

Nabs

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Got Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (bought it in the B/S/T thread for cheap), and holy shit trying to set up the controls is a fucking nightmare. How is there something that still requires x360ce to use a controller? This is literally the only game I've played since coming back to Steam/PC gaming that doesn't just outright work with my DS4 out of the box, either natively or with Steam's built-in controller support.

Oh well. Uninstalled already. Glad I only paid $1.50 for it. Ugh.

Sarcasm

Man..I saw a game on steam I swear I owned. I checked my email and humble..think I bought it like two or three years ago.

What other sites could exist? I know it was super cheap.

wow I found it on groupees! Thanks isthereanydeal!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that Mafia III 9 months later thread made me realise the game is 9 months old, so its not far fetched that it would pop up as the featured title on a monthly soon.

I wouldnt mind that one either at all.

Not sure if I'm enjoying PUBG. The allure of cash from selling crates is too tempting to resist though. I'll keep playing while the money is still good.

My god the animations and lighting in FFXV are incredible, hope the ultima PC enhanced version Nomura hinted would come after console release is still a thing.

Yeah, FFXIV Online will be the next GTA Online on PC.

Hopefully it comes soon as I wouldn't afford PS+ just to play it on PS4.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Well this game looks interesting. It's billed as a The Long Dark meets The Thing mashup.

Don't let the screenshots fool you, it looks really sweet in motion (i.e. Isometric but not static - full 360 camera, nice lighting and animations, etc.)

Looks like there's a Demo on the Steam page.

Color me intrigued.

Strategy top down inspired by The Thing. I'm sold. It's not quite the dream game of The Thing license with Commandos/Shadow Tactics game I desire, but it looks like it can entertain me.

Is it wrong that I am enjoying The Surge more than Dark Souls? I mean it is definitely not a better game, but it is just more enjoyable to me. The combat is very satisfying, maybe its the setting that I like more. I am kind of burned out of "fantasy".

Not at all. While I couldn't get into The Surge just because the cargo container warehouse aesthetics made it too hard for me to actually remember it's design too welll, it is the direction I want just because multiple games of gothic horror fantasy from Souls (plus King's Field) and Lords of the Fallen it's grown tiresome.

Sometimes we just need to see something different to get that weariness or fatigue away in a game type.

Had a game the other night on PUBG where a duo squad up with us. We eventually were the last two groups remaining and we had a fist fight to declare the victor. Game was freaking hilarious! We had to undress our characters to identify who one another was.

Had a game the other night on PUBG where a duo squad up with us. We eventually were the last two groups remaining and we had a fist fight to declare the victor. Game was freaking hilarious! We had to undress our characters to identify who one another was.

That's not cool. It's also against the game's code of conduct, if I'm not mistaken.

Jawmuncher

That's not cool. It's also against the game's code of conduct, if I'm not mistaken.

3351purx.jpg

Randoms teaming up is some of the funniest stuff. Since they can turn at any moment.
My buddy was playing and chased a guy who accidentally got into the backseat of a car instead of driving away. On the mic he's like "Please don't kill me!". Buddy ends up just driving the car with him and getting out to check out the town. Gets scared when he shows up going "Hey guy thought I lost ya". Friend shot him in the face.

3351purx.jpg

Randoms teaming up is some of the funniest stuff. Since they can turn at any moment.
My buddy was playing and chased a guy who accidentally got into the backseat of a car instead of driving away. On the mic he's like "Please don't kill me!". Buddy ends up just driving the car with him and getting out to check out the town. Gets scared when he shows up going "Hey guy thought I lost ya". Friend shot him in the face.

It's still crappy. If I'm playing solo/duo, I expect to go against solo/duo players and not squads.

Jawmuncher

It's still crappy. If I'm playing solo/duo, I expect to go against solo/duo players and not squads.

I get it to a point. But since from my knowledge you have to make an uneasy alliance with randoms (who can shoot you in the back at any moment) and can't really stack it by having people you know join the game. I think it makes things interesting. Kind like Kane and Lynch MP back in the day.

MUnited83

For you.
3351purx.jpg

I mean, it's literally cheating.

Huh. Bernardo, I thought for some reason in the PUBG OT you had said the crates would only be available for a couple days. I looked in game and it says the 27th Aug, so I guess I misread your response earlier. Already made good $$$ though :)

Gonna stockpile these crates when the BP prices rollover on Sunday.

Amzin

The "No teaming" rule largely applies to arranged teams before the game starts. Random truces with people you don't know are generally not banned (there's plenty of temporary cooperation of hitching rides etc. even in solos).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom