• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rain World was already bundled? Because I own it, and I sure as hell didnt buy it.

Good lord, how fast was that release to bundle? o_O

Is there a way to stop this stuff from appearing in my queues and recommendations or anywhere really?

Press the customize above the Next in queue button. Add Nudity and Sexual Content to filter out these type of games

I just wanted to point out that if you do this, expect games without this content to disappear from your queues and recommendations as well. Steam's tagging system is known to just take users' word for it, so they'll tag children's games or games they consider bad with "nudity" and it will stay like that until enough people report the tag (which few people ever bother to do.) Erroneous tags will stay up for weeks if not months. Right now, Grimoire is tagged thusly.

It won't affect you too much, but just be aware of that.

Permadeath is what's keeping me from buying and playing Hellblade, even if its just a 6 hour game.

Yeah. I was just telling Jasec that I was on the fence about whether to get the game or not but this permadeath save deletion feature pushed me into the no buy camp.

I noticed that Lawbreakers got a price cut in some of the lower price regions right after release. Approximate 30-50% price drop as far as I can tell and it brings it more in line with other similarly priced games in terms of regional pricing. For example, before this price change, Lawbreakers used to cost almost double of what PUBG did in my store. Now they're both the same price.

Wok

In the tutorial of the Secret World Legends, some weird stuff happen. Really weird MMO.

Ufg1hY9.png
02yUMQY.jpg
eS04C8J.jpg

Monooboe

While throwing away my old games and such I found one that might actually be unused, so here you go! As I said might be unused, also you need to main game to activate it. It's a EU key so not sure if there are any restrictions.

EDIT, also not a steamkey incase someone isn't sure what StarCraft is.XD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

StarCraft II Hearth of the Swarm -- MB-48C82B2B7FCC8B42 - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 2 entrants total.

t1502198088z1.png

Aaron D.

Man, FFXII really is killing my gaming life. From the day it released, I'm only playing that for a couple of hours each day, and still I'm plenty of optional stuff to do. I think it's the FF with more stuff to do in the whole franchise.

I love falling down the rabbit hole and becoming completely obsessed with a single title for weeks on end. It's like having a little mini-relationship with the game where it's all you think about night and day for a good month or two.

Most recently Fallout 4 was that game for me. Installed some DLC a couple months ago and have dropped damn near 150 hrs. since.

Typically do this with Paradox games as well. A single Crusader Kings II campaign can run 100-200 hours depending on my commitment level. I usually save this kind of obsessive behavior for when a new Expansion is released.

Good times either way. Talk about getting your money's worth.

Uzzy

Just saw over on Facebook that the adventure game Tokyo Dark finally has a release date, September 7th.

Hope it's good! Nice to see another successful kickstarter too.

NeoRaider

I want to like Hellblade, but the combat just looks so shallow. It reminds me of Ryse.

Yeah it looks... not so good.
But many ppl (even reviews) are saying that it's not bad at all and that it feels good. I guess it's different when you actually play the game compared to watching videos on YT.

kurahador

In the tutorial of the Secret World Legends, some weird stuff happen. Really weird MMO.

That's what happens when you choose Dragon faction, they're a bunch of weirdos.

Templar is more straight forward hero trope and Illuminati is more sarcastic assholes.

Jadax

While throwing away my old games and such I found one that might actually be unused, so here you go! As I said might be unused, also you need to main game to activate it. It's a EU key so not sure if there are any restrictions.

EDIT, also not a steamkey incase someone isn't sure what StarCraft is.XD

:O Can't believe I missed this giveaway! Very nice and rare one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well rare to be given away in a steam thread

fair enough.

Played about an hour of Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. Its neat, but also very much a product of its time, it would probably have been much more impressive back then when there werent 3467 metroidvanias or "Limbo style" art games out there.

So, I won't the Starcraft code. For some reason I thought this was the code for the actual game and not an expansion. Woops. I messaged the guy that missed the giveaway about an hour ago, but he hasn't responded yet. So if anyone else wants the code, just quote this and I'll send you a message.

sheaaaa

fair enough.

Played about an hour of Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. Its neat, but also very much a product of its time, it would probably have been much more impressive back then when there werent 3467 metroidvanias or "Limbo style" art games out there.

I was there day 1 when it came out on Xbox Live Arcade, and it wasn't that impressive even then.

That was a pretty good Summer of Arcade, with Bastion and From Dust leading the charge. Good times!

Mike Bison

Neo Member
So, I won't the Starcraft code. For some reason I thought this was the code for the actual game and not an expansion. Woops. I messaged the guy that missed the giveaway about an hour ago, but he hasn't responded yet. So if anyone else wants the code, just quote this and I'll send you a message.
I'll take it.

Its a standalone expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom