• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSelf

I have Terraria. I have Minecraft. I have the Landmark beta. I keep trying to convince myself that I'll enjoy these sandboxes. And yet every time I do, I find it hard to get into them. And I know the problem is with me. I guess I keep trying because it's hard to come to grips with the fact that I'm not creative.

Initially I felt the same way about terraria but I pushed myself to stick with it and i'm glad I did really enjoy the exploring part. It's very free or stress free there's no pressure to do anything which is why I stuck with it. As far as being creative and building something haven't done much of that myself i'm just really enjoying the running around finding new stuff.

Also there's cute bunnies who who doesn't like cute bunnies?
dragonheroblaze.gif

I could do without Keith and Quint. Actually, I didn't care for any of the characters in REvelaitons besides Jill and Chris, and I only cared for them because they're Jill and Chris. Frankly I think REvelaitons would've been better off as a lone spin-off, because the plot was one of its weakest points anyway, and I'm not sure what events I would actually want to see in a sequel.
I liked Parker and the triple agent twins. And the 3 head honchos. But yeah, the plot wasn't so hot. It's sounding like this is it's own spin-off/standalone thing anyway.

Initially I felt the same way about terraria but I pushed myself to stick with it and i'm glad I did really enjoy the exploring part. It's very free or stress free there's no pressure to do anything which is why I stuck with it. As far as being creative and building something haven't done much of that myself i'm just really enjoying the running around finding new stuff.

Maybe I'm playing it wrong then? Because every time I play I'm thinking "Better not explore too far, it'll be night soon and I need to get back in my house." Unless you're meant to just continue building houses all the way across?

For anyone who plays Euro Truck Simulator 2 (all 2 of us), achievements have been added...but they aren't active yet. That'll take several more weeks for testing.

I was not expecting this so soon since we have had just recently a major update.

In my opinion ETS2 is already very good as it is, but since it's essentially a sand-box game achievements can make it even more enjoyable.

That is a decent bundle, especially the CK2 and KOF13(plus soundtrack!) BTA, I'm almost tempted to get the BTA just for the soundtrack. The $15 tier has always confused me a bit but it seems to be pretty decent value here if you don't own any of the age of empires games. But it sure beats those humble wallpaper bundles they were putting out at sale time.

Lomax

Maybe I'm playing it wrong then? Because every time I play I'm thinking "Better not explore too far, it'll be night soon and I need to get back in my house." Unless you're meant to just continue builing houses all the way across?

If you are underground time of day doesn't mean as much. And you can always bury yourself and wait out the night wherever you are.

I liked Parker and the triple agent twins. And the 3 head honchos. But yeah, the plot wasn't so hot. It's sounding like this is it's own spin-off/standalone thing anyway.
The plot twists almost outnumber the playable characters, a true sign that it is the resident evil we deserved.

Also, if you guys want a real laugh you should read the OP for that 1080p xbone thread. Us PC gamers get everything on a silver platter!

Ozium

I see the same people winning ModBot raffles quite frequently that it seems to defy conventional probability and I'm led to believe that there is, in fact, some grand conspiracy involving blood sacrifice happening.

how do I get in on that?

The plot twists almost outnumber the playable characters, a true sign that it is the resident evil we deserved.

Also, if you guys want a real laugh you should read the OP for that 1080p xbone thread. Us PC gamers get everything on a silver platter!
Oh, I loved the plot just for being so cheesy and old-school Resident Evil-y. I think it's one of my most replayed games in the series already as well.

And yeah, that Xbone thread is worth a good laugh. "Consoles should get settings menus too!"

I see the same people winning ModBot raffles quite frequently that it seems to defy conventional probability and I'm led to believe that there is, in fact, some grand conspiracy involving blood sacrifice happening.

how do I get in on that?

You need a Bad Rats badge followed by 10 Hail Marys.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Oh man. Age of empires. I guess I'm glad I didn't buy it during the summer sale now.

This is a pretty good humble bundle.

I didn't know steam gives you a Steam Achievement Like notification when a download is done.

That must be new. I just wait for the Steam box in the toolbar to stop turning green and revert to normal.

Speaking of Steam downloads, what's the deal with downloads pausing when you start up even a single-player game? Why can't I download and play a game while I wait?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
That must be new. I just wait for the Steam box in the toolbar to stop turning green and revert to normal.

Speaking of Steam downloads, what's the deal with downloads pausing when you start up even a single-player game? Why can't I download and play a game while I wait?

It's in the settings. A checkbox in the downloads section.

KingDirk

Yeah, it's annoying. You can restart the download at least, but there should be a toggle for it.
EDIT: I need to stop offering advice or whatever because I am always wrong. =P

You have to go in the settings of Steam and allow simultaneous downloads in game.

NotSelf

Maybe I'm playing it wrong then? Because every time I play I'm thinking "Better not explore too far, it'll be night soon and I need to get back in my house." Unless you're meant to just continue building houses all the way across?

It's easier to start exploring below that way you can build a wall of dirt behind you and continue mining without interruption the exploring above will get easier and become more fun once you find some good items below so it's not necessary to build houses all the way across but if wanted to you could that's the beauty of the game.

A couple of humble games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-CFAB8FBEDD4F99A6 - Taken by Cerity. 2 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-B4BAB4415B893B45 - Taken by Reg. 12 entrants total.

t1408504532z1.png

Kanokare

Aw missed the HB when it was probably 4-5 dollars :( Gotta remember to check early again. Some of the previous bundles just weren't worth it.

MTE

Wow, wanted to check out where all this Deadlight was coming from (I already own it, but cool game) and saw the latest Humble Bundle.
Bought! Only got the BTA tier though. How did I miss seeing it before now?
Thanks, SteamGAF!

So is the full $15 worth it? That is, the HD editions of Age of Empires II & III.

well depends

I thought AOE3 was pretty much a chore to play and didn't find it fun at all. Some people really like it but i'm obviously not in that camp. AOE2 on the other hand I loved the shit out of the game when it originally came out but the steam "HD" release I thought was complete dogshit wrapped in a blanket. Last time I played it was ~2 months ago and while it's come a long way since release, it's still "not quite there" if that makes sense.

It's still getting patches to this day apparanetly but i've pretty much given up on the game. It's really amazing how they could screw up a re release this badly.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
ModBot said:
Instructions for Applesauce:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Applesauce, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Terraria -- MB-AEC0C423C7D50F0C - Taken by DaBargainHunta
Deadlight -- MB-91A557B4626BF9AC - Taken by Ozium

MattyG

Banned
I'm LOVING Shadow of Chernobyl. It's exactly the kind of post apocalyptic survival game that I've wanted for a while now. My only issue is the stuttering. It happens alllll the time, and usually its right when I need precision and smoothness, like during a firefight. I thought it might be my GPU, but apparently the game is just really poorly optimized and there's nothing I can do to fix it.

Uzzy

Bought my gf the humble bundle just for KOF, as she loves playing fighting games with me (and mostly kicking my ass).

When I asked her if she liked the gift, she replied 'only if I can beat you at this'.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Well the age of empires pack is 40 by itself at the moment. I think during the sale it was like 10?
Going by the lowest prices they have ever been yes.

Apologies. I meant in terms of the quality of the HD edition compared to the old versions.

AOE2 on the other hand I loved the shit out of the game when it originally came out but the steam "HD" release I thought was complete dogshit wrapped in a blanket. Last time I played it was ~2 months ago and while it's come a long way since release, it's still "not quite there" if that makes sense.

It's still getting patches to this day apparanetly but i've pretty much given up on the game. It's really amazing how they could screw up a re release this badly.

I see. Well, that was my fear.

KarmaCow

I really hope that supposed RE5 steamworks update comes out soon. I have an urge to get back into the game with all the RE talk with the remaster and Revelations 2.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I just bought Real Horror Stories Ultimate Edition for .19. I better not have been ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom