• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bunch of invincible mary-sues in control of the most advanced alien race in the universe + time travel?

There's nowhere for the series to go in that state.
Unless of course in SR5 everyone goes to the year 2,000,000 AD and fights cyborg jesus clones.

Nah, but it wouldn't be out of the question to assume they'll take the characters from 1-4 and use time travel to justify bringing them "back" to Earth. Or using them on a new colonized planet which was somewhat hinted at at the end of SR4.

chixdiggit

Somebody recommend me a good Rougelike on Steam.
Crypt of the NecroDancer has a good buzz but seems like it might be pretty gimmicky.
Or should I just play Dungeons of Dredmore again?

Ozium

Crypt of the NecroDancer has a good buzz but seems like it might be pretty gimmicky.

hatoful boyfriend is a rogue-like according to the steam tags

I'm pretty happy with crypt of the necrodancer so far, but could understand if you don't like the rhythm mechanics.

Other than that really the best ones are pretty much the biggest ones. BoI, FTL, Rogue Legacy, Risk of Rain.

Some up and comers that look interesting are Ziggurat, Hand of Fate, Sunless Sea, and Dungeon of The Endless (even though this one has some tower defense elements in it)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of MulderWasTaken, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-CFAB8FBEDD4F99A6 - Taken by Cerity. 2 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-B4BAB4415B893B45 - Taken by Reg. 12 entrants total.

t1408504532z1.png

Dungeons of Dredmor is probably the best roguelike on Steam. But if you want something different, Rogue Legacy is pretty damn good. It's real-time, though, so if you must have your roguelikes turn-based...uh...Hack, Slash, Loot is...okay.

Whoa, Five Nights at Freddy's got popular. I remember posting the Greenlight page here and getting some folks interested; not confident it's a game I'd play, but you can tell how influential Chuck E. Cheese is.

There's even rule34 of it...

If you don't decide to replay Dungeons of Dredmore you could check out sword of the stars the pit, or steam marines. Both are space themed roguelikes. Seems like a lot of older ones have found their way on steam too but it's hard to filter through the games that are just procedurally generated and actual roguelikes.

chixdiggit

hatoful boyfriend is a rogue-like according to the steam tags

I'm pretty happy with crypt of the necrodancer so far, but could understand if you don't like the rhythm mechanics.

Other than that really the best ones are pretty much the biggest ones. BoI, FTL, Rogue Legacy, Risk of Rain.

Some up and comers that look interesting are Ziggurat, Hand of Fate, Sunless Sea, and Dungeon of The Endless (even though this one has some tower defense elements in it)

What is Bol? Dungeon of The Endless looks really good actually. I might check that out.

Dungeons of Dredmor is probably the best roguelike on Steam. But if you want something different, Rogue Legacy is pretty damn good. It's real-time, though, so if you must have your roguelikes turn-based...uh...Hack, Slash, Loot is...okay.
Rogue Legacy is great. I just kind of suck at platformers though.

If you don't decide to replay Dungeons of Dredmore you could check out sword of the stars the pit, or steam marines. Both are space themed roguelikes. Seems like a lot of older ones have found their way on steam too but it's hard to filter through the games that are just procedurally generated and actual roguelikes.

I actually own both of those already but have hardly touched them. I need to go back and give them a another play.

omg it's like a ganon fight + rusty's real deal baseball + divekick...

You say this like the "divekick" attribute is a positive and not a negative. :lol

From the trailer, I can see it's leaps and bounds about the amount of gameplay depth that divekick has.

Zia

Okay, so I have no idea if any of these are used. But I was digging through my Humble account and all of these appeared unused, so let's see. If you get one and it's invalid... sorry!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Zia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zia, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Just Cause -- MB-4B6394DAD1354E9F - Taken by onionfrog
Pajama Sam In: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside -- MB-FC343D62A5011544 - Taken by diablogod
Electronic Super Joy Bonus Content Pack DLC -- MB-21AC546A23922ED3 - Taken by alr1ght
Q.U.B.E. -- MB-E4D27BC7F736278D - Taken by Vardhan
The 11th Hour -- MB-0B8ECFB7645382A2 - Taken by Shalashaska
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-6CF59A709A75D282 - Taken by salazar547
Velocity Ultra -- MB-D453CD4D94328606 - Taken by CrunchyFrog
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-49BD5624256CCFF8 - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon -- MB-9FE27F4AC9D0CFA3 - Taken by GrinningColossus
Bit.Trip Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-2490F2DC2DD22EB3 - Taken by creamsugar
Shadow Man -- MB-7E2F86751AF904BE - Taken by Diedac
Symphony -- MB-782A1A65FC62CCBE - Taken by VikasNarula
Arma II: DayZ Mod -- MB-6CC2BE9535C64EB5 - Taken by pupo
Skyborn -- MB-611F294B603E4A2C - Taken by FauX
Frozen Synapse -- MB-4CE9BA2591325CB7 - Taken by shackdaddy836
The 7th Guest -- MB-1A0155E4D08C9EAD - Taken by SSPssp
Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-B54B3D5E08B0DE70 - Taken by fernandes
Cosmic DJ -- MB-6FBA1D76E1409EAF - Taken by bobnowhere
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream -- MB-E0F80B57EC43FF02 - Taken by DaBargainHunta
To the Moon -- MB-9F9863E3CF8AA0A3 - Taken by WinterDemons
Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-BE8BEB304AEC19A0 - Taken by Cloudius12

Momentary

Banned
Damn... I should have never checked out Bloodborne. Now that and GGXrd are pushing me to get a PS4. I'm still holding out on Xrd making the leap onto PC. I think I could skip a console this gen if that happens at least. I know Bloodborne is a definite "not going to happen."

I actually own both of those already but have hardly touched them. I need to go back and give them a another play.

Assuming I'm looking at the correct profile it seems you own Tales of Maj'Eyal but haven't played it yet? Perhaps give that a try if you are interested in a more "classic" yet approachable rogue-like. It would also be a natural progression from Dungeons of Dredmor. It might not have Dredmor's humour (few games do...), but Tales is a far deeper game and ultimately has greater longevity and is much more satisfying to play.

It has essentially been in an unofficial Early Access for about a year now,

It looks pretty cool, I'll give it that. I almost started figuring out what it would cost through mother Russia, but then I saw that it was made and published by Klei and doesn't yet have controller support or achievements.

I may reconsider my stance on Invisible, Inc. itself if they add the aforementioned stuff, but I'm still salty over the sellout to Sony and refusal to cater to the requests of their fans that supported them on PC in the first place. Fuck Klei.

Sorry, couldn't resist ranting a bit... we now return you to the normal SteamGAF configuration with 98% less frost. :3

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KingDirk, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Terraria failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1408507772z1.png

Panda Rin

Any H1Z1 news? Release date?

Not much in terms of updates outside of that airdrop trailer.

latest impressions state it's still pretty rough, but it's moving along. All we got so far is 'soon' for Early Access ($20) and a target date of October 2015 for the full release which will be f2p.

Hmm I feel like the dumbest person on earth right now, looks like I cant create a PayPal account using a debit card, I also tried to added it to my google wallet and it says my card info is wrong.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KingDirk, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Terraria failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1408507952z1.png

madjoki

Hmm I feel like the dumbest person on earth right now, looks like I cant create a PayPal account using a debit card, I also tried to added it to my google wallet and it says my card info is wrong.

Depending on bank, card might need to be enabled for online usage.
Best bet would be to contact bank and ask.

Anustart

I figured my time was drawing to an end in Tomb Raider during the whole Solarii base shit, but it keeps on keeping on. Still having a blast! Seems like I won't be getting all the achievements though, as I doubt I'll play multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom