• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catshade

I may reconsider my stance on Invisible, Inc. itself if they add the aforementioned stuff, but I'm still salty over the sellout to Sony and refusal to cater to the requests of their fans that supported them on PC in the first place. Fuck Klei.

What's this 'sellout to Sony' thing? I don't follow the news...

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Hmm I feel like the dumbest person on earth right now, looks like I cant create a PayPal account using a debit card, I also tried to added it to my google wallet and it says my card info is wrong.

This happened to me during the M&M days. I eventually figured it out by going through their store portal.

chixdiggit

Assuming I'm looking at the correct profile it seems you own Tales of Maj'Eyal but haven't played it yet? Perhaps give that a try if you are interested in a more "classic" yet approachable rogue-like. It would also be a natural progression from Dungeons of Dredmor. It might not have Dredmor's humour (few games do...), but Tales is a far deeper game and ultimately has greater longevity and is much more satisfying to play.

Good catch. I must have randomly gotten it in a bundle and never payed any attention to it. I will play it now for sure.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
ModBot said:
Instructions for LiquidMetal14:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (LiquidMetal14, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Terraria -- MB-D9B7F0DC9CEB961D - Taken by trailmix16

derExperte

capturemzs72.png

Not cool, not cool at all. Game (Detective Grimoire) was okay and I don't regret the purchase but nothing special, RPS was mostly right though I didn't have issues with the interface after disabling the buttons on the edges. There's just not a lot more to say about it.

Something about them not adding achievements to Don't Starve Steam while the PSN version has them.

Thanks InvisibleStride for hopping in and for tips on CSGO! Hopefully, I can improve some. XD

Haha, that's interesting to know.

Just got a Bad Rats booster pack. Gonna open it and hopefully get some cards to complete my badge. :D

dot

Oh man, can't believe i missed out on the Revelations 2 news. Surprised it's cross gen.

I haven't even played the first one yet! :(

Yrael

Oh cool, new Steam thread! :)

Perhaps it should be mentioned in the OP that Shelter 2 is no longer planned for August, but is coming out sometime in the "Fall" instead.

Stop making me post in here.

Klei makes Don't Starve. Refuses to add achievements despite PC fan base requesting them repeatedly. Cite "achievements change the way people play the game, and we didn't want that to happen in Don't Starve..." or something to that effect.

Somehow Klei becomes involved with Sony -- ends up agreeing to bring the game to PS4. Sony says "Hey, we require ALL games to have trophies these days. Make some if you want this money and the release on PS4." Klei sacrifices original vision and complies. Fans beg for a PC patch porting the already made "achievements" to PC. Klei continues to ignore.

Klei makes Reign of Giants DLC. No achievements. No patch for PC version in regards to achievements. Fans still make requests.

Klei wants to bring DLC to PS platforms. Adds trophies to Reign of Giants DLC for PS4. Packages everything together in a "GOTY" style edition being ported to Vita -- again, trophies in tact.

So Klei is okay with corporations mandating that they do something so long as they're getting money to do it, but doesn't give a shit about fans who would like an achievement patch on PC since they most likely already have enough sales here.

TL;DR: Klei ignores fan requests for (optional) achievements but adds them to comply with Sony's mandates because $$$.

There are 10 achievements.
Even with all the grinding they put in to get one of them, the trophy guide figures you can 100% complete it with 2 playthroughs at around 15 total hours.

Lomax

Stop making me post in here.

Klei makes Don't Starve. Refuses to add achievements despite PC fan base requesting them repeatedly. Cite "achievements change the way people play the game, and we didn't want that to happen in Don't Starve..." or something to that effect.

Somehow Klei becomes involved with Sony -- ends up agreeing to bring the game to PS4. Sony says "Hey, we require ALL games to have trophies these days. Make some if you want this money and the release on PS4." Klei sacrifices original vision and complies. Fans beg for a PC patch porting the already made "achievements" to PC. Klei continues to ignore.

Klei makes Reign of Giants DLC. No achievements. No patch for PC version in regards to achievements. Fans still make requests.

Klei wants to bring DLC to PS platforms. Adds trophies to Reign of Giants DLC for PS4. Packages everything together in a "GOTY" style edition being ported to Vita -- again, trophies in tact.

So Klei is okay with corporations mandating that they do something so long as they're getting money to do it, but doesn't give a shit about fans who would like an achievement patch on PC since they most likely already have enough sales here.

TL;DR: Klei ignores fan requests for (optional) achievements but adds them to comply with Sony's mandates because $$$.

There are 10 achievements.
Even with all the grinding they put in to get one of them, the trophy guide figures you can 100% complete it with 2 playthroughs at around 15 total hours.

I'd want good achievements in Don't Starve as much as anyone, but the achievements they added to those versions because they were mandated by Sony are worthless and wouldn't add anything of value to the game. And if you really think they should refuse to even put the game on the Sony systems because they didn't want achievements, that's just insane.

Sarcasm

Hey last time I only look at the PS version of DS was before the DLC when it was 2 =p

Honestly don't care for the cheevos..I got the cards heh

baterism

Finally cave in and got the bundle for $15. Actually I refreain from buying any game as I juts lost my wallet.

But AoE2&3 for $15... damn.

KoF looks nice, but I'm still salty about Hi Score Girl. Hear me SNK Playmore, SALTY.

KingDirk

Oh god this just came in 20 minutes ago I hope I haven't super-goofed.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KingDirk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Terraria -- MB-E70792562065D193 - Taken by NingenJanai. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Terraria was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1408519773z1.png

MattyG

Banned
Just booted up Last Light to see how it performs on my rig before I jump into 2033 next week. It ran really well, but my PC has made this noise since March, and it's louder when I play LL. It only happens when I'm in a game (only when something is being rendered, not in menus), and only in specific games. But its a very consistant noise, sometimes just a whirring, more of a buzzing when it's loudest (like when I play LL), and sometimes there's nothing at all. I think it might be a fan, or just what my card sounds lik under load, but it makes me worried that it's something else. So that's going to have me paranoid all through my LL playthrough. I know it's probably nothing, but damn is it unnerving.

Someone gifted me Terraria but I have never played it :(

its really fun. I play it on my vita from time to time. I got myself a whole underground house with a glass room with two fountains and a gold chest where I keep all my money and cool equipments. I don't like fighting bosses in it much tho, they're pretty boring, just his sponges. anyway, goodnight guys.

So, im giving away these since I will not play them... first come first served, the one who gets the crusader knights game will get the 3 DLC's keys via PM.

ModBot said:
Instructions for sotodefonk:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (sotodefonk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Galactic Civilizations II -- MB-4AA639316882DE83
t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings II -- MB-25A3C89CAFE0FA52 - Taken by HalfwayOrb

its really fun. I play it on my vita from time to time. I got myself a whole underground house with a glass room with two fountains and a gold chest where I keep all my money and cool equipments. I don't like fighting bosses in it much tho, they're pretty boring, just his sponges. anyway, goodnight guys.
That is literally the opposite of how I play terraria. I have the most dinky, unaesthetic house you could imagine but I don't care as all I do is seek out boss summon items and explore underground caverns for material to make new weapons.

That is literally the opposite of how I play terraria. I have the most dinky, unaesthetic house you could imagine but I don't care as all I do is seek out boss summon items and explore underground caverns for material to make new weapons.

haha thats funny. actually terraria is the only game where I enjoy building stuff. I hate doing it in minecraft, and starbound(which is very similar to terraria for those who don't know.) I'll post a pic of my base tomorrow if I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom