• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

While on the subject, is there any way to view the earliest unread post on mobile?

Go to Preferences->Thread Arrows Go to->Choose "First Unread"

I would like to request that this is the default setting. Instead of Last Page, who wants to go directly to last page anyway?

oipic

While on the subject, is there any way to view the earliest unread post on mobile?

Yep - if you head into 'Preferences', you should find an option to change the 'Thread Arrows Go To' option from its default (Last Page, I think) to 'First Unread'.

Edit: yep, just like Deques managed to say a couple of minutes more quickly than I could!

-Deimos

Go to Preferences->Thread Arrows Go to->Choose "First Unread"

Yep - if you head into 'Preferences', you should find an option to change the 'Thread Arrows Go To' option from its default (Last Page, I think) to 'First Unread'.

Edit: yep, just like Deques managed to say a couple of minutes more quickly than I could!

Why didn't I think of this. Thank you.

Vuze

gafjki6i.jpg

Also, when viewing the Who's Posted? list, you can click the figure opposite a username to see a list of their posts.

Oh wow. I had no idea about the earliest unread post feature. Thanks Jase :D

Mono

2spooky4me

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mono, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadlight -- MB-3E94C6DE48DC2F4D - Taken by xeris. 5 entrants total.

t1408520253z1.png

Wok

There is something fishy with Depth Hunter on Greenlight. The Greenlight page used to be about "Depth Hunter: Deep Dive" with this cover:

The webpage indicates now "Depth Hunter 2: Deep Dive" with this cover:

The change happened in the past two weeks, long after the original game got greenlit.

Square-Enix should port Thexder Neo to PC. I'm playing through the original at the moment and wondering if PSN will still have the game when I inevitably plonk down for a PS4.

I finished it recently, very good game.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Betrayer -- MB-FD276F2AEDCD06F6 - Taken by Evrain. 10 entrants total.

t1408520613z1.png

xeris

ok real talk, is Galactic Civilisations II any good?

Debating on whether I want to download/install it.

If you like 4x type games it's pretty good. I tend to prefer Master of Orion 2 for my space 4x, but they are different enough that I do go on GCII binges every once in awhile. GCII is more epic in scope and if you play on a large universe the micromanaging can get a bit tedious if you don't automate it. Nowhere near as bad as MoO3, but can get annoying. Especially if you forget that you had some far flung planet set to make obsolete ships.

Toki767

I'm not sure why I jumped on that Humble Bundle today...I guess I saw KOF for under $5 and thought why not but none of the games really seem appealing.

Vuze

Also got a copy of Freedom Cry for one key. Must be a great deal for traders, purchased the copy for less than 0,01$ and receive 1,70$ in key currency :D Thanks for the heads up, SteamGAF.

Humble stuff.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jiggaloboy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-6C9D2D22B79E7FE9 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-AB88C17207EE94FF - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.

t1408521273z1.png

Tame

For anyone who plays Euro Truck Simulator 2 (all 2 of us), achievements have been added...but they aren't active yet. That'll take several more weeks for testing.

Beg Tets Haulage aint in it for the cheevos

Beg Tets Haulage is it in for the cabbage

Ozium

It looks pretty cool, I'll give it that. I almost started figuring out what it would cost through mother Russia, but then I saw that it was made and published by Klei and doesn't yet have controller support or achievements.

I may reconsider my stance on Invisible, Inc. itself if they add the aforementioned stuff, but I'm still salty over the sellout to Sony and refusal to cater to the requests of their fans that supported them on PC in the first place. Fuck Klei.

yeah, I almost bought Don't Starve on sale but the response on the forums to my question about achievements made me not want to purchase it.. Basically I was called a piece of shit and how dare I question the almighty klei's stance on achievements... and don't you know it would absolutely kill the game? (My point was that it would help the game and give people mini-goals to shoot for... nope)

I figured my time was drawing to an end in Tomb Raider during the whole Solarii base shit, but it keeps on keeping on. Still having a blast! Seems like I won't be getting all the achievements though, as I doubt I'll play multiplayer.

the multiplayer achievements are fucking ridiculous.

More Capcom x Level 5 crossovers. Resident Evil Reve-Laytons 2 got discovered.

layton to replace conan?

Someone gifted me Terraria but I have never played it :(

y u sad tho? would you rather be gifted a game you've played?
I'm going to hop into Terraria when achievements are added.. (soon)

This is part of the reason I haven't tried Terraria yet, I could not get into Starbound. I think those sorts of games are just slightly too sandboxy for me. Didn't really have much motivation to build or explore or craft the next armor tier just so I could build and explore more.

Cheevos soon!

Ah just saw your edit when I quoted the post. Well then.

Five Element Ninja already got me covered a while back but "thanks" :p

if you leave it in your inventory then no one knows you have it bruh

That looks like Serah or Lightning decided to go scuba diving.

ibmQddHWAPwDi0.gif

I'm not sure why I jumped on that Humble Bundle today...I guess I saw KOF for under $5 and thought why not but none of the games really seem appealing.

Gal Civ 2 is a classic. And CK2 is cool if you're into historical simulation/alternate history generation.

Arthea

new HB is nice, I tried to guess what will be added, but I just couldn't this time, too many variables.
I bought Van Helsing way back on gamersgate... still haven't played it. Should I just wait with all games? Idea is tempting. Do we have a school for those that wanna learn to buy only games to play right away and wait with others?

Thanks for Deadlight! Only game I was interested in from the bundle.

Freedom Cry is 8 fricken Gigabyte to download sigh... oh well.

it's only 8 GB! I'm OK with people being unhappy about 30-40 GB downloads, but 8 GB?!
c'mon son.

edited:
also thanks for a new shiny thread mr Orange

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue

[URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/305920/"]
Another Perspective
- More_Badass
"Another Perspective is a puzzle platformer that uses its unique mechanic to great effect. You learn that you can swap places with
a shadowy clone of yourself, using your clone as a platform. Soon you're dealing with two, three, four versions of yourself, and
different room layouts with each swap. Another Perspective blends challenging puzzles with an interesting story and art style."
of Mods for games on Steam.

Anyone know anything about this one? I know the guy made it makes great GameMaker Studio tutorials...

If I were to buy The Witcher 3 from Mother Russia. Would it lock me out when the ACRTAG is set to false or will I be good as long as I redeem it before it is?

Ozium

Cheevos, hell. Play it for the cards, man!

I've already got the cards but when it comes to open sandboxy games I get overwhelmed by the Freedom of Choice. The cheevos will help give me a starting point to adventure.

Anyone know anything about this one? I know the guy made it makes great GameMaker Studio tutorials...

I've played a little bit of and it's a pretty solid puzzle platformer... it has a portal/braid vibe in how the puzzles are laid out (basically you have multiple versions of the same character and you switch between them to grab keys and exit the stage, the trick is that the floor and walls will be different in each 'dimension' so if you mess up a character might fall and you start over... when you switch dimensions the character in that world freezes and you can use him as a stepping stone, etc.)

Steam keeps crashing every time I go to look at Dot's KOF screenshots in BPM. It's really weird.

Edit: Actually, when I look at anyone's it crashes. Valve pls.

Arthea

Steam keeps crashing every time I go to look at Dot's KOF screenshots in BPM. It's really weird.

Edit: Actually, when I look at anyone's it crashes. Valve pls.

after update (the one with logo update) steam crashed for me the first time in years (well, almost), it'll take time to iron some bugs out of this one too.

Did you play Mountain yet?

(not a gregor clegane simulator)

why not? *suspiciously*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom