• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday Maintenance... oh right.
Bad timing for me I guess. Just wiped a laptop, finished installing Windows on it and started installing Steam for trying out performance. And I was wondering why the installer keeps standing still at Downloading update.. wait now after 3 mins it actually dl'ed the installer.
Is downloading games also impended during maintenance?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. snort.
Sorry. Pretty sure the standard Telltale savegame bugs are still in.
Hah, hope nothing major breaks then. With a story-heavy game it would suck being forced to replay large chunks.

derExperte

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. snort.
Sorry. Pretty sure the standard Telltale savegame bugs are still in.

Never was patched but the faster you play through the episodes the lower the chances of losing a save. Best course of action: Don't quit the game, just play in one go.

Nabs

Hey, can someone bring Steam back so I can upload my Guacamelee Super Turbo score.

Oops. There it goes.

Reule

I'm glad Five Nights at Freddy's is on Steam now. Bought, got scared, went to sleep.

Then I woke up this morning and logged into Steam...

Steam Guard told me that someone tried to access my account from another computer (browser). Checked my e-mail from Steam and sure enough, the IP address that tried wasn't mine it was from Louisville, KY. I changed my passwords for Steam and my e-mail then went into Steam Guard settings to deauthorize all other computers.

Just not sure how they would get my password. Didn't click any weird links or give my password out. I actually just changed my password last week. I don't think my e-mail is compromised since there's no unusual IP logins on it. Anyone else have this happen?

$h@d0w

Spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me ($h@d0w, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Legend of Grimrock -- MB-BD52E8832BD0C03C - Taken by Panda Rin
Orcs Must Die! 2 Complete Pack -- MB-8063C80FCE5B22B7 - Taken by TheLight

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Emperor_EL, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Emperor_EL, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-0F8AADE218807A3B - Taken by pastrami. 2 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Complete Pack -- MB-87BF5149957C5460 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 8 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION -- MB-13690B2685D18740 - Taken by mileS. 43 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-BE31C8D9A6040613 - Taken by Cth. 2 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-CC6F2113C02B1DB6 - Taken by TheLight. 3 entrants total.

t1409099598z1.png

Welp, awesome. Even on Tuesday maintenance I successfully downloaded the steam client and now a game, too. Even at max. dl speed.
So only MP matchmaking and community are down? Never used Steam during maintenance, actually don't play that much these days at all.

Game looked fun.

I won the game from Cromulent_Word in a little contest :) (Thanks!) The game is awesome!!! According to Steam, I've played 15.6 hours since it released and beat the game on normal. I still have a lot of medals to get and haven't played the new challenges much. I should write some impressions after I've played some more ^^.

derExperte

Someone on the Steam forum says he got an TWDS2E5 achievement, can anyone confirm they fixed it?

Okay, checked his profile, looks good.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Someone on the Steam forum says he got an TWDS2E5 achievement, can anyone confirm they fixed it?

Awesome, was hoping I would get to play it tonight. :)

Hugstable

Banned
Aww I go an take a nap and missed Modbot drama XD.

Anyone else play alot into Super Time Force Ultra yet? How you guys liking it? I suck at getting the gold things, but I love the systems in this game. Make you pay attention not just to the moment you are currently in, but the levels as a whole since you are being timed and can rewind yourself through it if you're being too wasteful.

Kaper

Cheers.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kaper, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Terarria -- MB-7A0C18BB18E731B9 - Taken by bluechox2

Edit: Boy, I'm bad at spelling.

Ah that sucks, though regular trade works? tried to find a trader thru tf2outpost?
Regular trades work, so it's definitely something wrong with the site.

Are you logged in to Dispenser.tf? Didn't work for me either before I did that.
I didn't log into the site, no. I was doing the whole "private trade key" deal where you give them your unique identifier URL. Maybe that's the problem -- that might not work. Next time there's a sweet deal that I want to jump on I'll try logging in.

Thanks guys.

Hugstable

Banned
Man, so much going on, humble gets the new games added, STFU hype, dr3 coming out in a week or so, KOF13(which is a hidden gem imo) giveaways...I can't leave the thread alone for a day to catch up

OMG I forgot that Dead Rising 3 comes out next week also! Almost forget I actually already owned the game and will be able to play it. Will probably get on that after I play DR2 next week during it's release (Danganronpa 2)

L.O.R.D

i just learned my first lesson in steam
don't trust people how saying they gonna trade you keys for CD keys
luckily , i lost 1 TF2 key only
i should never trust anyone again
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198129219519

he was level 10 i think
he have 50 games in his account
have several gifts in his inventory and have some items in his TF2 inventory
so i thought i could trust him...never again

taco543

Was cleaning my room then saw I had keys to give away, enjoy guys!
ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for taco543:
You're never gonna get me coppers!- Abraham Lincoln 1837-1992

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (taco543, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orcs Must Die! 2 (Complete Pack) -- MB-954BFB308B096ADF - Taken by Miker. 1 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-4C232A14360291C6 - Taken by Sharkiller. 2 entrants total.

t1409098459z1.png

Annubis

This Jumbo Bundle has been great. Now I have a reason to try out Legend of Grimrock.

Yeah.
Thanks to my giveaway benefactor I'll try it.
I wasn't really interested in the game, but then Jim Sterling spoke so highly of it... I'm pretty curious now.

i just learned my first lesson in steam
don't trust people how saying they gonna trade you keys for CD keys
luckily , i lost 1 TF2 key only
i should never trust anyone again
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198129219519

he was level 10 i think
he have 50 games in his account
have several gifts in his inventory and have some items in his TF2 inventory
so i thought i could trust him...never again

He changed his nick like 10 times. Thats almost always a scammer.

Anustart

I got all the achievements when I played it like 30 minutes after it went live.

Edit: Scratch that, no I didn't lol. They just popped in game I guess and not activated. There is a patch for the game steam wants me to download though. What is it?

I bet Amazon would carry steam keys for it if Tony was still in charge of that.

I dunno -- JaseC said something about this being Ubi's strategy to get people to use uPlay... that no games going forward would have Steam keys and could only be bought on Steam. :(

Acronyms need to die.

Especially ambiguous ones, incorrect ones, or ones that defy common sense.

It's actually DLC for the Developers' System 2.

What about Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon?

Oh. Right. Those too?

Yeah, for a second I thought there was some new DLC for Dungeon Siege 2. ;)

This is kinda getting out of hand

While you're right, I'm going to go with... QUIET YOU.
The only acronyms you're allowed to worry about are ES and IM.

Lomax

Well, I went ahead and picked up The Bridge, so when it's in Humble Indie Bundle 12 next week, you can all thank me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom