• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Great work to BinaryPork2737 :) He managed to complete the 52 games in 1 year challenge, spent over 500hrs playing 52 games.

Welcome to the hall of fame!

Mad props - he even picked a lot of really long RPG games like Breath of Fire and Bravely Default. I need to get in on this action, maybe in a couple of weeks when my life settles down some.

cHinzo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (cHinzo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Walking Dead: Season Two -- MB-A4A84810973AB9C0 - Taken by Shalashaska. 105 entrants total.

t1409186958z1.png

Hey guys. In courtesy of the release of the final episode for The Walking Dead: Season Two, a free copy for a lucky member from this awesome SteamGAF community! I've made it a 24 hour raffle so both members from EU as NA (or the lone AsiaGAF members :d) has a chance to win this game, since I've missed out on some cool stuff when it was bedtime in EU. Good luck and have fun with this game. :D

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
ModBot said:
Instructions for LiquidMetal14:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (LiquidMetal14, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game #2 -- MB-502E4124B6347B59 - Taken by Coldsun. 8 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-F458EAFA98BE58C3 - Taken by Hugstable. 5 entrants total.

t1409111718z1.png

Enjoy as these were given to me by a friend and I'm passing them along. Good luck.

I should add that the games are Pixeljunk Eden and Legend of Grimrock. In no particular order.

Jawmuncher

Christ man, I haven't completed 52 games in my lifetime. And to think, we're only rolling into September. Lots of time for him to complete much more. I tip my hat to you.

I'm going to add all mine up at somepoint. I think I might have actually hit 52 already.
But I still add to my backlog cause I dont give a shit.

Great work to BinaryPork2737 :) He managed to complete the 52 games in 1 year challenge, spent over 500hrs playing 52 games.

Welcome to the hall of fame!

ibibm0GY9q2gYN.png

35vxNAO.jpg
BinaryPork2737: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95465677&postcount=163
I'm on my 7th game this month and the only purchase of a new game I made was a copy of the darkness for the ps3, just because I want to finally do a full playthrough before I play part 2 on the PC. That leaves me +6 for the month, and I still have a few more days to make that seven. Stuff like binary's effort makes it even easier to sit back and not add to the backlog. Congrats, duder!

Jaw, don't ever go seagate. It's the only drive that's ever busted on me and they're known for their flakey drives. Do samsung or WD or anything but seagate

MRORANGE

Jaw, don't ever go seagate. It's the only drive that's ever busted on me and they're known for their flakey drives. Do samsung or WD or anything but seagate

He's right Jawmuncher, avoid Seagate at all cost, my HDD startied dyring one me right after the 3 year warranty period, was slightly pissed at the time as I was really broke at the time and had to backup 500gb onto DVD's

EDIT: Also get something better than a 750ti, unless you plan to replace it in two years time.

r3n4ud

He's right Jawmuncher, avoid Seagate at all cost, my HDD startied dyring one me right after the 3 year warranty period, was slightly pissed at the time as I was really broke at the time and had to backup 500gb onto DVD's
Yikes. That had to take some time and patience to do :/

Jawmuncher

Looks good to me, pretty solid build for the price. As previously stated, I wouldn't get a Seagate drive, though (I have a WD Caviar Black, myself, works great). Also, I definitely recommend you consider getting an SSD for your OS, it truly makes a world of difference.

Not a huge fan of that case personally, the one I got my current build and I wish I didn't cheap out on it.

You got a PSU there so it should work and turn on. Rest easy.

No it won't work at all.

JK that's actually a pretty awesome build for under 600$!

Thanks for the input guys. I switched the HDD out.
Its not for me but a friend. it's supposed to be a school computer but I wanted him to be able to game with us decently enough. I'll ask him if he wants a different case. Hes more about all the room over the SSD though.

EDIT: Also get something better than a 750ti, unless you plan to replace it in two years time.

I think the 750ti will be good enough for him now. He's more than accepting of playing stuff on lower setting already if need be.
Plus telling him to upgrade later will be easier if the entry price is under 6.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think the 750ti will be good enough for him now. He's more than accepting of playing stuff on lower setting already if need be.

Not trying to be "that guy" but be sure you have plans for an OS license
if you're planning on using Windows

Annubis

I have a 750 ti right now and I can play everything at max.
(ok... I don't play Crysis 3 or things like that)

I pretty much got fed up of super huge graphics card that take like 60% of the space inside my case.
I quite like my 750 ti. It's quiet, small and while I have a powerful PSU, according to the spec, you don't really need that much for it.
Plus it was cheap as dirt on Neweggs when I got it.

If you're okay with playing on medium settings I think 750ti is alright. I'm rocking a 620ti and I play my games at medium or something and get above 30fps most of the time. Though I do admit I plan on upgrading but thats mainly because my bro wants to build a gaming pc for himself and he doesn't work so I figured I'd save him 1 of the more expensive parts and just give him mines and get me a new one until he has the cash to buy himself a better one.

SSPssp

I have a 750ti and have to say I'm really pleased with it. I can't play at Ultra or anything but it plays everything well on high and performs better than the XBONE so I think it should last the generation if your friend is realistic about the settings. For the money its a great card.

This is actually gonna be his forst foray into PC Gaming.
So this should be easy to set his expectations in check.

Same here! This is the first time I bought a graphics card so I might be more forgiving, but coming from consoles I'm loving it. He should like it then.

Jawmuncher

I have a 750ti and have to say I'm really pleased with it. I can't play at Ultra or anything but it plays everything well on high and performs better than the XBONE so I think it should last the generation if your friend is realistic about the settings. For the money its a great card.

This is actually gonna be his forst foray into PC Gaming.
So this should be easy to set his expectations in check.

Volimar

Hey guys. In courtesy of the release of the final episode for The Walking Dead: Season Two, a free copy for a lucky member from this awesome SteamGAF community! I've made it a 24 hour raffle so both members from EU as NA (or the lone AsiaGAF members :d) has a chance to win this game, since I've missed out on some cool stuff when it was bedtime in EU. Good luck and have fun with this game. :D

Great giveaway. I loved the first season.

saunderez

I've decided to warn people about scammers. It's an ongoing campaign that I hope educates many users.

I've been getting a crazy amount of friend requests from people who aren't friends with any of my friends. That's an instant red flag. I've got that many of Steam-GAF on my friends list that its highly unlikely you're adding me and aren't friends with any of them.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
extra from humble bundle

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (davepoobond, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PixelJunk Eden (humble bundle) -- MB-633021AAF5F6A086 - Taken by Ezalc. 4 entrants total.

t1409113638z1.png

its a pleasant game, mostly for its visuals and music. don't ask me about gameplay because i'm still figuring that part out.

made this giveaway a little more restrictive because of that weirdo junior from earlier, i guess you can thank him.

Miguel81

Great game. Pretty hard though. If you didn't play similar games back in the day, you might have some learning curve to get over.

I did play a bit of Might and Magic III back in the early '90s but never completed it. Hopefully, I'll get in the groove and enjoy LoG to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom