• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudoboi

Have not been a good day for me today. But here are some uplay keys for the crew beta

Hopefully it is allowed here

2Ws7jSB.png

Myshkin

So what do you guys think of Big Picture mode? It's come quite a ways in regards to performance and features. I'm liking it more and more.

I gave Playstation Home a second chance when they were offering a free game.
Ended up wasting my time installing it again, and no free game.
Why should I give big picture mode a second chance? They offering a free game?

So what do you guys think of Big Picture mode? It's come quite a ways in regards to performance and features. I'm liking it more and more.
It's still broken as fuck, with most of the issues having been there since I started using it months and months ago. But I put up with it anyway.

Hugstable

Banned
That looks like fun.

It's tons of fun so far! Really like the pixel art for the game too. Really a neat little game with the time rewinding mechanics, and the way you have to get the collectibles also encourages multiple plays as well as learning the levels in order to speed run them better. Also like how you can switch characters on the fly, and some have their own quirks to help you get through areas. Reminds me a bit of Lost Vikings with the fact that you get the shield dude haha.

derExperte

Read in the OT that Metro 2033 already got a patch with better lighting, Apparently it's not perfect (yet) compared to the og version but it's something.

Also done with TWS S2, the last episode was maybe be the best of the whole season and redeemed it a little bit.

Jawmuncher

Being jealous of BinaryPork worked out.
Just counted up and im at 47 completed games across everything.
Will be 48 after I wrap up W101. Which will take me back onto Steam to tackle those games again.

Jawmuncher

Wow ya, that's a shitload of games. Well done.

I actually forgot my Xbox One titles so i'm at 50 now.
Now to decide what lucky 52 will be.
Anyways Thanks. It's nice to write them down and actually see just how much you have accomplished.
makes me at least realize I am playing games even if I think i'm not.

Holy shit, just heard The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 will be released next week (on the 4th, early access. one episode per month, five episodes in total, full release in January).

So stoked. As someone who have been playing adventure games since the early days, I can without uncertainty say that the first game is one of my all time favorites. Isn't it like 90% off on GMG or something? If you have even the tiniest bit of curiosity for the genre you owe it to yourself to check that game out.

r3n4ud

Anyways Thanks. It's nice to write them down and actually see just how much you have accomplished.

I wholeheartedly recommend this as number 52. Up to you though. But ya, I would play and complete that.

Levyne

Banned
I would probably be over 52 if I could kick the mmo addiction :/

Anyways, gonna at least take a break from that to try this DS2 dlc...technically still not adding to the game count, lol

I would probably be over 52 if I could kick the mmo addiction :/
I'm seriously considering forgoing my FF14 sub for a bit and putting that cash (and more, of course) into getting a good TN monitor. My schoolwork might benefit with no FF14 around, lol. But probably not if I tackle the backlog instead.

Zafir

I have the unfortunate issue of firstly spending more time reading about games and watching other people play games than playing them myself and secondly playing games that are long and/or unfinishable by design. I'd never reach 52 games completed in a year. D: I think I've maybe completed about 15 games this year.

Hugstable

Banned

I know it's not a Steam game but have you played Kirby Triple Deluxe yet? Game isn't too long so it should help you fill out pretty quick as game #51, and I really enjoyed the hell out of the game myself. Also Danganronpa 2 comes out next week and shouldn't be too long, and if you haven't played the first game that's 51 and 52! Good to hear you played Wonderful 101 recently also, game is so awesome and is packed with so much content.

If you want to stick to Steam, I've had alot of fun with Super Time Force Ultra so far and it doesn't seem like the game would be overly long. It's tough for me though since I always keep wanting to collect everything.

louiedog

52 in a year? I like to think that I am on track to do that, but who knows. I'm terrible at keeping track.

A friend of mine is doing 31 in August and so far as managed to complete one each day. He's of course sticking to indie games in the 3 hours and less area.

Khronico

On my first playthrough now, I've only got 2 mods. I like to make my first time through a game as close to what the developers made as possible.

Skyrim is one of those games that I just wouldn't enjoy without mods.

A lot of the mods I have fix problems I had with the base game (Character creation, long intro, birth sign changes, combat ai, combat in general, magic system) along with some graphical enhancements (RCRN, better water, more colorful world) and a few convenience changes (melt down any weapon or armor into its base components).

Shadownet

Banned
Congrats Pork<3 :) you accomplished something most of us struggle with!
---
So what's going on with Groupees?
---
OT:

my ASM friend from GameStop might be getting his own store. Aka promoted to Manager and he want to take me with him and promote me and give me a raise. So I'm hoping it will happen because if I don't work in a mall anymore it will be less stressful and the raise will be better financially.

Sajjaja

Skyrim is one of those games that I just wouldn't enjoy without mods.

A lot of the mods I have fix problems I had with the base game (Character creation, long intro, birth sign changes, combat ai, combat in general, magic system) along with some graphical enhancements (RCRN, better water, more colorful world) and a few convenience changes (melt down any weapon or armor into its base components).

You forgot Better Bodies and all the various sex mods.

Modding Skyrim is a deep, deep, dark rabbit hole. I'm up to 60 mods now.

Someone send help.

I played through Skyrim during the first month of release (Nov 2011). I put in over 100 hours mostly doing sidequests and stuff. I was hooked. Then early December I went to Asia for 6 weeks. When I came back, I had no desire to play the game. Now, with all the crazy mods out there, it's frightening to think about going back into it and sorting through all those wonderful sweet mods. I have a feeling i'd probably spend all my time modding vs playing.

Jawmuncher

I know it's not a Steam game but have you played Kirby Triple Deluxe yet? Game isn't too long so it should help you fill out pretty quick as game #51, and I really enjoyed the hell out of the game myself. Also Danganronpa 2 comes out next week and shouldn't be too long, and if you haven't played the first game that's 51 and 52! Good to hear you played Wonderful 101 recently also, game is so awesome and is packed with so much content.

If you want to stick to Steam, I've had alot of fun with Super Time Force Ultra so far and it doesn't seem like the game would be overly long. It's tough for me though since I always keep wanting to collect everything.

Last Kirby game I played was the original on the gameboy.
WHOA Danganronpa 2 is next week! I wasn't tracking that at all.
Actually I added to my count because I forgot Katawa Shoujo. It was free but I saw all the endings and everything else so it counts as beaten. So i'm sitting at 51 sounds like Wonderful 101 lucked out and is going to be my 52nd game. But yeah collecting is my problem as well. For every 1 game I beat it feels like I bought 2 more to play.

This Groupees coin thing..

Code:
Groupees introduces its very own in-system, Trading Coins. Part digital currency, part collectible, part loyalty reward, the Groupees Trading Coins will be one of many tradeable virtual goods within Groupees new website scheduled for release in early October. Buyers of the Be Mine 14 bundle will receive these special, one-of-a kind Trading Coins–$5 purchasers will receive the $3 Jonny Antimatter Coin, $1 purchasers will receive the $1 Slugs Plutonium Coin. These particular coins have certain characteristics that are like stock ownership in Groupees and are redeemable for their cash value should Groupees ever be purchased or go public. Like stock, the value of the Coins will increase as Groupees increases in value, and this will be published so holders know their value. The value will never decrease below the $3 and $1 face values. PLEASE NOTE, Coins will be issued and released to bundle buyers in October when the Groupees Trading Exchange is live.

I like the idea of stock, but can Groupees get larger than it already is?

Hugstable

Banned
Last Kirby game I played was the original on the gameboy.
WHOA Danganronpa 2 is next week! I wasn't tracking that at all.
Actually I added to my count because I forgot Katawa Shoujo. It was free but I saw all the endings and everything else so it counts as beaten. So i'm sitting at 51 sounds like Wonderful 101 lucked out and is going to be my 52nd game. But yeah collecting is my problem as well. For every 1 game I beat it feels like I bought 2 more to play.

Haha yeah I completely forgot about Danganronpa 2 until I saw the OT pop up yesterday and now I'm in full hype mode. Wonderful 101 is one hell of a game to close that challenge on though haha. And I have a huge collection problem as well, especially with all the Steam and Vita games I've gotten recently -___-.

Also Kirby Triple Deluxe is pretty fun if you ever get to it. The bosses are easily the best part of the game and really surprised me when I played it.

I shoulda got in on the 52 game challenge, but I probably am forgetting games at this point since I haven't been tracking so it would be too hard to compile a true "complete" list for myself. I should be sitting somewhere in the High 20's or Low 30's for games completed so far this year though.

derExperte

Nah. I've got a 1TB hard drive, may as well use it. And it's hardly louder than my case fans, so whatever.

Well I bought a 1TB SSD, so.... :) But there are people out there who have much more than that filled with games and I feel like limitless space would be bad, a little forced restraint brings me to actually complete games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom