• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
It's just some small bundle games. I'll see if I can scrape together something big to giveaway soon. Hopefully someone will enjoy these.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ESCHALON: BOOK III -- MB-C7B4E4545F6ABC58 - Taken by Big_Al. 3 entrants total.
MELTDOWN -- MB-5E7438EF687A962A - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 3 entrants total.
HEILEEN 3: NEW HORIZONS (DELUXE EDITION) -- MB-93F15B0B298DE4A7 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 3 entrants total.
CONSORTIUM -- MB-1FE1708B66830323 - Taken by pahamrick. 1 entrants total.

t1409107879z1.png

Parsnip

Agh, I was going to look at my recent steam games to get some idea of what games I've finished this year so far, but all the card idling makes that list utterly useless. I must find a way.

Jawmuncher

Haha yeah I completely forgot about Danganronpa 2 until I saw the OT pop up yesterday and now I'm in full hype mode. Wonderful 101 is one hell of a game to close that challenge on though haha. And I have a huge collection problem as well, especially with all the Steam and Vita games I've gotten recently -___-.

Also Kirby Triple Deluxe is pretty fun if you ever get to it. The bosses are easily the best part of the game and really surprised me when I played it.

I shoulda got in on the 52 game challenge, but I probably am forgetting games at this point since I haven't been tracking so it would be too hard to compile a true "complete" list for myself. I should be sitting somewhere in the High 20's or Low 30's for games completed so far this year though.

Everyone in the Smash thread has told me I should play the newer Kirby Stuff so i'll definitely be getting on that. I was going to grab HyperDimension Neptunia U but i'll opt for Danganronpa instead. Loved that games especially at the end. Such an enjoyable VN along with the Ace Attorney series and 999. Wonderful 101 has been all over the place for me. When I love it I really love it. But there's times where just the oddest design decisions pop up and break up the stroll I was having. Still a good game for my 52 though as you said.

Thanks a lot to the time tracking feature and last played. It made getting the games I have beaten on steam in 2014 easy. Well that and I label my games by if I beat them or not. Which really helps out. I might end up sticking with this list even past 52 just to see how far I get.

EDIT: If I count beating the Final Fantasy games on ios i'll be past 52. But fuck that ios isn't real.

Man I really will never learn my lesson from pre-ordering things and getting burned, probably has already been said here but neither Metro 2033 or Last Light Redux are functional currently. Apparently they're having issues replicating the bug where people crash after the opening cut-scene which seems odd considering how common it apparently is.

Agh, I was going to look at my recent steam games to get some idea of what games I've finished this year so far, but all the card idling makes that list utterly useless. I must find a way.

Well from here going forward you could create a "finished" subcategory and move things in your Steam list there when you finish them?

KingDirk

I want you guys to know your responses to the 'what game do you buy to distract from a bridesmaid punching another bridesmaid' has made it into the oral history of my wife's and mine wedding. <3 Thank you kindly.

Parsnip

Well from here going forward you could create a "finished" subcategory and move things in your Steam list there when you finish them?

I'm actually doing that, but it's all my games, so it's not directly useful. And I can't trust the last played dates either because of cards and such.
I figured a way though. Since I've registered on Raptr in the past, it's been keeping track of my shit and their "recent games" list is more useful in this case because all my card idling is done in "appear offline" mode. Still need to check some achievement dates and such to see when the year starts.

Jawmuncher

Isn't that just a different implementation of the 3DS feature where people you Streetpass will sometimes appear in Raid Mode as enemies?

I guess so but I never knew it made it to the console versions.
Thought it was a WiiU/3DS exclusive along with the other WiiU miiverse stuff.

MetalDeer

Well, there goes my computer (again). It won't turn on, and seeing how I just replaced a faulty PSU a few months ago and had absolutely zero issues since, it's probably the power switch. Which I don't happen to have spares of. Oh well, I guess this gives me a little time to catch up on console games.

I'm only a level 3.
Just end it. I don't deserve life at such a weak level.
But that is pretty cool. Might jump in and see what names come up.
Does it take from your steam friends? I wasn't aware of this feature.
Isn't that just a different implementation of the 3DS feature where people you Streetpass will sometimes appear in Raid Mode as enemies?

I've played the 3DS version only in single player so I'm not sure. Here I think it just takes people you have played the game with. I've only played it with Jawmuncher, and he's the only one that has showed up.

Skyrim is one of those games that I just wouldn't enjoy without mods.

A lot of the mods I have fix problems I had with the base game (Character creation, long intro, birth sign changes, combat ai, combat in general, magic system) along with some graphical enhancements (RCRN, better water, more colorful world) and a few convenience changes (melt down any weapon or armor into its base components).

I've been using Unnoficial Skyrim Patch, Characters Creation Overhaul, SkyUI, Ultimate Follower Overhaul, 3DNPC, Immersive Weapons, Immersive Armors, XCE and ApachiiHair.

pahamrick

Well, there goes my computer (again). It won't turn on, and seeing how I just replaced a faulty PSU a few months ago and had absolutely zero issues since, it's probably the power switch. Which I don't happen to have spares of. Oh well, I guess this gives me a little time to catch up on console games.

Not that this is your problem, but I had a similar issue once. Had a PSU die, but it took awhile to get the replacement. When I finally got the new one installed, it still refused to boot. Turns out one of my front USB ports was shorting out which caused the mobo to not boot.

Unhooking the cables for the front USB ports fixed it. Might be worth it to check a few more things just in case.

Miguel81

Has anyone had their gamefly accounts closed in here? I'm wondering if I should do that because I'm unfamiliar with this new company, and all I ever got on there are Steam Keys and Condemned(not Steam sadly).

The OCD part of me is irked that I have Heileen 1 and 3, but no 2. I hope it's an additional bonus in the Be Mine 14 bundle, but I seriously doubt it.

Also, that new currency they have as a bonus is really weird. If it gives me a savings on a future bundle, great, but I don't get their vague promises of growth for the company. With the exception of a handful of bundles, most of their non-game output struggle to crack a quarter of the sales of the game counterparts.

MetalDeer

Not that this is your problem, but I had a similar issue once. Had a PSU die, but it took awhile to get the replacement. When I finally got the new one installed, it still refused to boot. Turns out one of my front USB ports was shorting out which caused the mobo to not boot.

Unhooking the cables for the front USB ports fixed it. Might be worth it to check a few more things just in case.

I hadn't thought of that, actually. I'll check that out tomorrow, thanks for the tip!

fallout

I bought it mainly off of the amazing artstyle and GAFfers' recommendations. Are there any other good couch multiplayer games? I'd specifically love ones with good co-op.
I'm not sure about co-op, but Speedrunners is really good competitive couch gaming.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Has anyone had their gamefly accounts closed in here? I'm wondering if I should do that because I'm unfamiliar with this new company, and all I ever got on there are Steam Keys and Condemned(not Steam sadly).

Stump said he sent them an email, not sure if he heard back from them yet or not.

Also, I'm not sure what to think about that Walking Dead ending.
I got the "good" ending, apparently.

w0t? Groupees has stock now?

Edit: where do I go to see if I have one of these coins?

I think equity might be a better term really. If you bought BM14 for $1, you get a $1 coin, for $5 you get a $3 coin. These apparently will be tradeable on a coming store or you can hold on to them as equity in groupees. If the the company is bought out or goes public, your coins will be worth more. They apparently will never be worth less.

It has to reach the last goal for everyone to get their coins.

Mono

I just logged into mine and it works. That's weird! Maybe they've already started transitioning accounts to AtGames and their accounts are messed up?

Elija2

I've played the 3DS version only in single player so I'm not sure. Here I think it just takes people you have played the game with. I've only played it with Jawmuncher, and he's the only one that has showed up.

It probably takes any of your Steam friends that also own the game.

derExperte

I just logged into mine and it works. That's weird! Maybe they've already started transitioning accounts to AtGames and their accounts are messed up?

He's asking if anyone has contacted them and asked for deletion. Stump has but I'm too lazy.

Miguel81

Oh, mine still works as well. I'm just unsure if I would want my account info to be passed on to AtGames.

I'm a little annoyed that the Shadowrun Dragonfall DC gets achievements, and the base game doesn't. And if I'm not mistaken, doesn't community_visible_stats | Yes mean achievements? So why has the base had that set for the last year or so, if it's not true?

Also, a little OT, but is the font janky for anybody else?

KingDirk

So I feel so bad that my Revengeance playthrough has been delayed by Half-Minute Hero, but holy cow I am in love with this game. It just keeps on hitting the pleasure centers of my brain and not letting up. And then Layton vs Wright comes out on Friday and I'll obviously drop everything when that comes out...

This is your spoiled second, brought to you by KingDirk.

I bought it mainly off of the amazing artstyle and GAFfers' recommendations. Are there any other good couch multiplayer games? I'd specifically love ones with good co-op.

This is my list of games in my KING OF THE COUCH group on steam. Mind you, most of these are competitive, and i'll note when its co-op specifically:

Castle Crashers (Co-op Beat 'em up, 4 players)
Crawl (4-player, Competitive, very awesome!)
Dungeons: Eyes of Draconus (3-Player Co-Op Beat 'em up, its only ok, wait for sale, but its mindless)
Lethal League (4-Player, Competitive, Pong+Jet Set Aesthetic+Some Fighting Game Mentality. Comes out tomorrow, gonna be great)
Mega Coin Squad (4-Player, Comeptitive, 2D Arena-esque game, really good party game)
Mercenary Kings (4-Player Co-op, like Borderlands, lots of style, the substance not so much. Very grind-y. Again, wait for sale, but its not bad, just not great)
Metal Slug 3 (2-Player Co-op. Absolutely get this when it goes on sale again)
Monaco (4-Player Co-op, work as a team to do heists, very unique art-style, pretty fun, can be had for cheap during sales!)
Mount Your Friends (4-player Competitive. Just check the Steam Page. You'll know if you want it from that. Very fun game though, also solid for hang-outs/parties)
Niddhogg (Already talked about!)
Speedrunners (Mentioned already, but really fun racing game. Easy to learn, hard to master, sure to ruin friendships)
Spelunky(4-Player Co-op. Dungeon Crawler, really fun, but can be pretty difficult at times, so if you want something easy-going, maybe turn elsewhere. Very fun though).
The Yhawg (4-player Co-op/Competitive. Its hard to explain the Yhawg, but nab it for 5 bucks or lower. You'll probably only get a couple hours out of it, but its pretty neat for those couple of hours).

I left off all my fighting games, but there are plenty of those.

MattyG

Banned
What's up with 2033 Redux being a "private app"? None of my screenshots show up in the community section or can be shared, and my stats like time played and achievements earned don't show up in my profile. Hell, if I go to my profile and click "games", and then search for it in the list it doesn't show up. Is this happening to everyone or just me?

KingDirk

This is my list of games in my KING OF THE COUCH group on steam. Mind you, most of these are competitive, and i'll note when its co-op specifically:

Castle Crashers (Co-op Beat 'em up, 4 players)
Crawl (4-player, Competitive, very awesome!)
Dungeons: Eyes of Draconus (3-Player Co-Op Beat 'em up, its only ok, wait for sale, but its mindless)
Lethal League (4-Player, Competitive, Pong+Jet Set Aesthetic+Some Fighting Game Mentality. Comes out tomorrow, gonna be great)
Mega Coin Squad (4-Player, Comeptitive, 2D Arena-esque game, really good party game)
Mercenary Kings (4-Player Co-op, like Borderlands, lots of style, the substance not so much. Very grind-y. Again, wait for sale, but its not bad, just not great)
Metal Slug 3 (2-Player Co-op. Absolutely get this when it goes on sale again)
Monaco (4-Player Co-op, work as a team to do heists, very unique art-style, pretty fun, can be had for cheap during sales!)
Mount Your Friends (4-player Competitive. Just check the Steam Page. You'll know if you want it from that. Very fun game though, also solid for hang-outs/parties)
Niddhogg (Already talked about!)
Speedrunners (Mentioned already, but really fun racing game. Easy to learn, hard to master, sure to ruin friendships)
Spelunky(4-Player Co-op. Dungeon Crawler, really fun, but can be pretty difficult at times, so if you want something easy-going, maybe turn elsewhere. Very fun though).
The Yhawg (4-player Co-op/Competitive. Its hard to explain the Yhawg, but nab it for 5 bucks or lower. You'll probably only get a couple hours out of it, but its pretty neat for those couple of hours).

I left off all my fighting games, but there are plenty of those.
Thank you kindly! I've crawl and Nidhogg already, so that's exciting. I'll check out the others when I get home; I'll start some wish-listing for sure. =)

I'm sure someone has griped about this already, but I really don't like the new steam icon. Is there any way to permanently change it back? I know I can replace the icon file, but updates change it right back. I especially hate how it has that dark gradient at the top, urgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom