• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my list of games in my KING OF THE COUCH group on steam. Mind you, most of these are competitive, and i'll note when its co-op specifically:

Castle Crashers (Co-op Beat 'em up, 4 players)
Crawl (4-player, Competitive, very awesome!)
Dungeons: Eyes of Draconus (3-Player Co-Op Beat 'em up, its only ok, wait for sale, but its mindless)
Lethal League (4-Player, Competitive, Pong+Jet Set Aesthetic+Some Fighting Game Mentality. Comes out tomorrow, gonna be great)
Mega Coin Squad (4-Player, Comeptitive, 2D Arena-esque game, really good party game)
Mercenary Kings (4-Player Co-op, like Borderlands, lots of style, the substance not so much. Very grind-y. Again, wait for sale, but its not bad, just not great)
Metal Slug 3 (2-Player Co-op. Absolutely get this when it goes on sale again)
Monaco (4-Player Co-op, work as a team to do heists, very unique art-style, pretty fun, can be had for cheap during sales!)
Mount Your Friends (4-player Competitive. Just check the Steam Page. You'll know if you want it from that. Very fun game though, also solid for hang-outs/parties)
Niddhogg (Already talked about!)
Speedrunners (Mentioned already, but really fun racing game. Easy to learn, hard to master, sure to ruin friendships)
Spelunky(4-Player Co-op. Dungeon Crawler, really fun, but can be pretty difficult at times, so if you want something easy-going, maybe turn elsewhere. Very fun though).
The Yhawg (4-player Co-op/Competitive. Its hard to explain the Yhawg, but nab it for 5 bucks or lower. You'll probably only get a couple hours out of it, but its pretty neat for those couple of hours).

I left off all my fighting games, but there are plenty of those.

to those games i would add :
- Broforce
- Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe
- Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION
- Jamestown
- Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed
- Ikaruga

I have both STFU and KRZ. I also have DS2 + DLCs.

I was thinking Shovel Knight, but then also Valdis Story looks nice. Also Invisible Inc. looks like something I'd like. Damn these decisions...

(all those games will end up in my library at some point lol

Zzzzzz

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lucius -- MB-6C2DFA84862DFC08 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Evil Little Boy Simulator

t1409113938z1.png

Jawmuncher

Glad I looked at the raid mode DLC for Resident Evil before buying.

Both characters on offer are garbage.
Rachel Ooze has increased melee damage which you only get once in awhile.
Hunkette has increased Magnum Damage, Shooting, and Reloading. Which is better but the cost of Magnum is a pain. Plus depending on what you have you can do more damage with your regular weapons.

What's up with 2033 Redux being a "private app"? None of my screenshots show up in the community section or can be shared, and my stats like time played and achievements earned don't show up in my profile. Hell, if I go to my profile and click "games", and then search for it in the list it doesn't show up. Is this happening to everyone or just me?

Just you, I think. :3

Freedom Planet, Strider (don't waste your time on this corrosive ol' pal <3), and that Shovel Knight game. Killer is Dead is $19.99 but totally worth it.

Even if I didn't think Strider was the biggest dumpster fire put out by a major publisher in 2014 or maybe even across the span of multiple years, there are, without a doubt, at least 10 games that are better than it for the money.

Furthermore, I bet I could come up with a list of at least 50, maybe more.

And to answer the original question, STFU is a pretty good time so far and it's not even $15.

Tizoc

Even if I didn't think Strider was the biggest dumpster fire put out by a major publisher in 2014 or maybe even across the span of multiple years, there are, without a doubt, at least 10 games that are better than it for the money.

Furthermore, I bet I could come up with a list of at least 50, maybe more.

...and I really don't give care of your 50 or 1000 games that more deserving, let the guy decide by himself if he wants to get it or not, hence why I suggested it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think this is actually how these free licenses work.
If you add one, remove it and add back later it will appear in it's original position.
I suppose it isn't too common use case to warrant development.

Well, the trouble there is that there's no way to re-add a Free on Demand game to your account page if it's been pulled from the store unless you click an install link. Sure, such links are easy to come by (just search for the games on SteamDB), but that system, as is, wouldn't work with paid games because following the removal of a licence Steam would want you to buy the game again to get it back -- this isn't an issue with free games for the obvious reason that they're free.

What do people think of "Groupees Trading Coins"?
Will JaseC buy 2 copies of the Be Mine 14 bundle to get 1 of each trading coin?

Non-Steam stuff doesn't exist as far as my collector's thumb is concerned. ;)

Well I hate to say the dream is dead, but it kind of is for a while. I'm moving into a new house next week (with a 1 year lease) and my kids are starting back to school soon too. At my current job I finally got my hours extended, though no health insurance worth talking about.
I've paid out over $9,000 so far this year in medical bills, fuck.

So with everything that is going on right now for me, I'm not sure if I'd take a job at Valve if one were offered. It'd have to come with a pretty sweet paycheck and a fairly substantial sign-on bonus. In other words, not going to happen.

Never say never!

I dunno -- JaseC said something about this being Ubi's strategy to get people to use uPlay... that no games going forward would have Steam keys and could only be bought on Steam. :(

I don't think it's a strategy to push people to Uplay itself, but evidently Ubi doesn't feel that there's a large enough market for Steam keys for Uplay games to offer them in general as opposed to just to retailers that request them. Amazon's gaming focus has shifted from PC DD to its FireTV/Android endeavour and Mac Game Store... well, who knows.

He's going to remove every game EXCEPT Talisman: Digital Edition

Haha, don't give him ideas!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
A giveaway on someone elses behalf. o:
ModBot said:
Instructions for InfiniteNine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (InfiniteNine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legend of Grimrock -- MB-C8298B68F68ACB2B - Taken by feel. 6 entrants total.

t1409125098z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
Likewise it's my GotY contender, heck Wolfenstein's got a spot in my list but since it'll be in everyone's top 5, I'm putting FP over it.

Damn that remjnds me that I need to finish off Freedom Planet im still only about halfway through. Love all the mix of classic Sega style games though. FP was a real surprise this year.

Damn that remjnds me that I need to finish off Freedom Planet im still only about halfway through. Love all the mix of classic Sega style games though. FP was a real surprise this year.

I finished the run with Carol, and started a Lilac playthrough, but i need to push through Shovel Knight and some other stuff before i start playing Freedom Planet for a 2nd time.

Tizoc

I personally prefer Lilac, Carol...is OK but her attacks just LOOK like they do less damage but I'm sure they deal a good chunk against bosses at least.

Go back in and let us know what you feel about the final boss ;P

So I bought the Jumbo Bundle 2 and I already own Orcs Must Die 2. So what happens if I redeem Orcs Must Die 2 Complete Pack but already own Orcs Must Die 2? Should I just give the complete pack to my friend?

JaseC

So I bought the Jumbo Bundle 2 and I already own Orcs Must Die 2. So what happens if I redeem Orcs Must Die 2 Complete Pack but already own Orcs Must Die 2? Should I just give the complete pack to my friend?

Steam activates the DLC but ignores the game itself. Gift copies of games you already own are only granted in particular cases.

Khronico

Well, I messed around a bit too much with Skyrim mods and just broke my 21 hr savegame. The good thing is, I'll get to experience everything all over again with the unofficial patches installed. I'll be able to see exactly what was fixed too, since it's all fresh in my memory!

/s

/s

Well atleast you've never experienced playing that on a PS3. The game feels like Groundhog day simulator to me.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Wow congrats to BinaryPork for completing 52 games in a year, while I barely can finish 10 in a year.

KingDirk

I just saw a gentleman and lady driving down the road in one of those boxy Scions that had decals for Aperture Science on the side and Companion Cube emblazoned on the back. You keep doin' you, Western Kentucky.

Kaper

Thanks! Do you know if the DLC is worth it? I still haven't played this game so gifting it to my friend might motivate me to play it.

I'd say gift it to your friend. My friend and I had a blast playing it together. Pretty solid tower defense/tps game. Having the DLC is not as important as having fun with a friend, imo.

Hi guys!

I am looking for a game with pretty visuals and great music that I can play calmly on my Macbook Pro without a controller. I was eyeing The Banner Saga. I am mostly playing on console so I am looking for a PC/Mac exclusive. I am looking the right way? Thanks!

...and I really don't give care of your 50 or 1000 games that more deserving, let the guy decide by himself if he wants to get it or not, hence why I suggested it.

Sure he can decide for himself. But if we're offering up input, I can at least let him know that I thought it was absolutely abysmal. ;)

I have both STFU and KRZ. I also have DS2 + DLCs.

I was thinking Shovel Knight, but then also Valdis Story looks nice. Also Invisible Inc. looks like something I'd like. Damn these decisions...

(all those games will end up in my library at some point lol

Wait for the next sale on Valdis. Some loved it, some hate it. Seems very polarizing and you can get it for <$10 for certain if you wait. Maybe $5 or less even.
Screw Invisible, Inc. for now, it's Klei and it's EA.
So out of the 3, go with Shovel Knight, perhaps. It's a fantastic blend of modern gaming sensibilities with classic NES platformers.

Da helllllll. When I look of friend's profiles who I know have it, it doesn't show up either. I would think that if it was just me it would be showing up on everyone's profiles but mine. Weird, I hope this fixes itself.

Well, what do you mean you "search" for it? Like in your library?
I just searched community and found a ton of content including screencaps like this:

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm i've been hearing some bad stuff about dks2 dlc

i should've created a new character, game's too brutal at ng+++ for having breaks between plays

MattyG

Banned
Well, what do you mean you "search" for it? Like in your library?
When you go to your profile (with your avatar, your steam level, your info and all that) and click games and it shows your whole game list, you can search games. If I search "Metro" only vanilla 2033 and LL show up, not Redux. It's in my library, and I can play it, just nothing displays in the community sections about it, no screens, no achievements, no nothin'.

I signed out on the browser Steam site and went to my friend who has its profile, and it doesn't show on his either. I think it may just be an error in the steam database or something.

Edit: yeah, I went into the community hub and found stuff too. What I said in the paragraph above made me think it was happening to everyone, but seeing stuff in the community hub made me think it might just be me. I dunno, hopefully by the morning it will have sorted itself out. If not, I'll try reinstalling it or something. It's not like I can't play it or anything, it's just annoying that nothing shows up.

JaseC

When you go to your profile (with your avatar, your steam level, your info and all that) and click games and it shows your whole game list, you can search games. If I search "Metro" only vanilla 2033 and LL show up, not Redux. It's in my library, and I can play it, just nothing displays in the community sections about it, no screens, no achievements, no nothin'.

I signed out on the browser Steam site and went to my friend who has its profile, and it doesn't show on his either. I think it may just be an error in the steam database or something.

The games have only released in certain countries. Their general status is still preloadonly; once this switches to released, they'll show up on Steam Community profiles.

MattyG

Banned
The games have only released in certain countries. Their general status is still preloadonly; once this switches to released, they'll show up on Steam Community profiles.
Cool. Coolcoolcool. Thanks!

On a related note, OH MY GOD, 2033 IS THE GREATEST THING EVER. I love this game so much. Played a bit on 360 a while back aND just didn't feel it, but now I can't stop playing.

What's up with 2033 Redux being a "private app"? None of my screenshots show up in the community section or can be shared, and my stats like time played and achievements earned don't show up in my profile. Hell, if I go to my profile and click "games", and then search for it in the list it doesn't show up. Is this happening to everyone or just me?

Happens to me too, none of my screenshots show up and it's not on my profile page anywhere either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom