• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadaver

I only have 7 games left to idle.

But some take much longer than others somehow. I've been idling crimsonland since 35 minutes and still no card has dropped. Thank god it is the last card I need for that game. Ive canceled a few tries before because it always took way too long with this game.

hepburn3d

Does any one here use 4 xbox controllers with their steam games? If so do you use just one wireless receiver? Just wondering as my steam big picture TV PC is setup up for couch gaming and I want to invest in 3 more controllers for game nights. Wondering if I'll need the receivers to.

I'm enjoying the colour coding in the Steam Beta. Looks good. Call me sad but I kind of wish Steam went to a full screen splash screenw hen checking for updates before launching, I want to spend as little time seeing the desktop as possible when it's set to load on start up

Does any one here use 4 xbox controllers with their steam games? If so do you use just one wireless receiver? Just wondering as my steam big picture TV PC is setup up for couch gaming and I want to invest in 3 more controllers for game nights. Wondering if I'll need the receivers to.

You can use multiple controllers with one receiver.

L.O.R.D

I'm enjoying the colour coding in the Steam Beta. Looks good. Call me sad but I kind of wish Steam went to a full screen splash screenw hen checking for updates before launching, I want to spend as little time seeing the desktop as possible when it's set to load on start up

i used it once
i was playing Sonic Transformed with 3 of my friend + me
and i was using the wireless receiver
worked perfectly

Saty

Keys. Good luck.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle #2 (Desura) -- MB-8FDDA2B923114AD5 - Taken by ketditch
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-18819E132318477C - Taken by mik7697. 1 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-6073F7F314D22D19 - Taken by Ryne. 1 entrants total.
Cortex Command -- MB-EC07697413EA646A - Taken by koma. 1 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-E9B21851D19DAD98 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 1 entrants total.

t1409130619z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
started a new character to get re-re-accustomed with dark souls. i feel this staggered dlc release is just kind of not ideal cos i keep forgetting how to play this game

took me a while to stop trying to sprint with l3 but i'm back in business, first three bosses dead (i got cocky on 4th and tried to parry him and got dead lol)

think i'm good now, so gonna start the dlc out. looks promising from the bits i tried but it's late

i think this means i'll never get suzuka in very hard in mitsurugi but tbh i don't mind so much, got my enjoyment out of that game. kinda wish the costumes weren't such a fucking grind but it was a absurdly entertaining game for how lowly it presented itself. really wish they made another one, i love insanity like that

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I presume this means that more D3 games are coming to Steam. Thus far the such titles on the service are those published through its American arm.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of GrinningColossus, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GrinningColossus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Beta (Uplay) -- MB-3BDC9EE7E387C021 - Taken by Emperor_EL. 3 entrants total.

t1409173758z1.png

fantomena

Fuck. Banjo Kazooie: N n B and Soul Calibur V is cheap on Xbox GoD. But I don't want to fix up my Xbox again from the shed. :(

Would love to have them on Steam...

JaseC

Nuts & Bolts is definitely up there as one of the games I'd love to see on the PC. It'd be a perfect fit for Steam, too, as Steam Workshop would allow players to easily publish vehicle blueprints.

tioslash

Hi guys, is there any info on when the remaining Kentucky Route Zero acts will be released? Is it still expected to be in 2014?

Fuck. Banjo Kazooie: N n B and Soul Calibur V is cheap on Xbox GoD. But I don't want to fix up my Xbox again from the shed. :(

Would love to have them on Steam...

Do Namco/Bandai have any of their fighting games up on Steam other than the Naruto ones? I would love to see SC and Tekken on there but I think Tekken 7 was announced for PC IIRC.

Edit: I was correct, Tekken 7 is coming to PC. Hype.

Arthea

how cheap? region free? :3

yup, at least it was last time I checked and S2 price is ~4€

edited:
talking about cards. Foils seem not to sell at all lately. Idlemaster got me like 5 of them, I managed to sell 1, cheap too. I think that enough new games with cards get added every day for 400+ lvls not to care about foil badges anymore (._.)

Arthea

if anyone can help me get it I'd appreciate it, I can paypal.

have you checked b/s/t thread? I think I've seen someone in there selling it.

edited:
anybody played Lichdom: Battlemage yet?
In the new trailer it seems to be much faster. I wonder is it trailer or ingame too.

JaseC

Some new casualties as of about 40 minutes ago:

Removed store name – Call of Juarez
Removed store name – Great Big War Game
Removed store name – Miner Wars Arena Special Edition
Removed store name – Shattered Horizon

I'd been meaning to ask Futuremark for a key to the Shattered Horizon beta app that was included with pre-orders. I'm guessing I won't have much luck now.

Arthea

Some new casualties as of about 40 minutes ago:

I'd been meaning to ask Futuremark for a key to the Shattered Horizon beta app that was included with pre-orders. I'm guessing I won't have much luck now.

Call of Juarez is not a new casualty, it was removed like a month ago if not more.

I think of all those I have only Juarez and Shattered Horizon. Need to check

JaseC

Call of Juarez is not a new casualty, it was removed like a month ago if not more.

I think of all those I have only Juarez and Shattered Horizon. Need to check

It was still available on the Australian and USD Eastern European stores. I bought a copy for a GAFer not all that long ago.

Edit: 2.5 weeks ago, to be precise. Feels longer.

Arthea

It was still available on the Australian and USD Eastern European stores. I bought a copy for a GAFer not all that long ago.

oh, that's weird, we had talk about it here, so I thought it was removed everywhere.
They don't necessary remove them simultaneously from all regions? good to know.

edited: of course they don't, I just remembered that for whatever reason Pirates! was removed from my regional store and then stealthily reappeared again. Actually, how often accidental removals happen? Just curious (><)

luckily I own all 3 Call of Juarez games :) (yes, three ... the you-know-which-one didn't happen as far as I'm concerned :p)

lemme guess... Gunslinger?
I kid, I kid

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

luckily I own all 3 Call of Juarez games :) (yes, three ... the you-know-which-one didn't happen as far as I'm concerned :p)

JaseC

edited: of course they don't, I just remembered that for whatever reason Pirates! was removed from my regional store and then stealthily reappeared again. Actually, how often accidental removals happen? Just curious (><)

Once in a blue moon.

Arthea

Once in a blue moon.

also, you should have totally entered my giveaway of Juarez instead of buying it! You would have won, you know it! ;)

The copy I bought about 2.5 weeks ago was for another GAFer, not myself. I've had the game since the 2013 Summer Sale.

for the moment you let me to believe that I had a game you don't, you should have left me to my delusions!

JaseC

also, you should have totally entered my giveaway of Juarez instead of buying it! You would have won, you know it! ;)

The copy I bought about 2.5 weeks ago was for another GAFer, not myself (just as well he asked when he did, haha). I've had the game since last year's Summer Sale.

The PRC flags have nothing to do with region-locking when it comes to store subs. Retail keys, yes, but not store purchases.
Edit: There's to be a Black Ops bundle, too. I wonder if there'll be a separate one for Mac given Black Ops OSX is an entirely separate game.
Edit edit: And a Black Ops 2 bundle, unsurprisingly.
I really liked CoD MW 1&2 on console. Don't own any CoD on PC sadly. If I had to choose I'd go BLOPS2 (thanks to lashman's streams) but of course having them all would be nice. Seems getting uncensored ones from Russia will be possible? Only problem, how low will CoD go? Even older titles are very expensive on Steam, so I can't get too excited :(
--
Man, that sounds awesome. Congratulations, really happy for you! You get away from the stressful mall ambiance. Plus more money. Win-win.

JaseC

I really liked CoD MW 1&2 on console. Don't own any CoD on PC sadly. If I had to choose I'd go BLOPS2 (thanks to lashman's streams) but of course having them all would be nice. Seems getting uncensored ones from Russia will be possible?

Impossible to say until the subs go live. ACRTAG could be thrown in at any moment.

I've bitched about Risen 3 a couple of times in this thread so I think it's only fair that I should also give it credit where it's due. There's one thing the game does really well: world building. The level designers and artists have a certain style in building their game world that you don't see anywhere else. The first couple of islands I went to were not very impressive but then I got to one of the big islands and that really does remind me of the first Risen. It has so many different paths to explore and it's always rewarding to do so. Another thing that stuck out to me was how they actually use verticality in their maps. Most open world games we see these days have some sort of city in them and are thus mostly flat. Risen has hills and cliffs and valleys that you walk up and down to get to buildings that are spread across each level. It really is fun to just wander around in the game.

I still think the game has loads of problems with it's simplistic quests and lousy dialogs, but the game world is one thing they've nailed perfectly.

Arthea

I've bitched about Risen 3 a couple of times in this thread so I think it's only fair that I should also give it credit where it's due. There's one thing the game does really well: world building. The level designers and artists have a certain style in building their game world that you don't see anywhere else. The first couple of islands I went to were not very impressive but then I got to one of the big islands and that really does remind me of the first Risen. It has so many different paths to explore and it's always rewarding to do so. Another thing that stuck out to me was how they actually use verticality in their maps. Most open world games we see these days have some sort of city in them and are thus mostly flat. Risen has hills and cliffs and valleys that you walk up and down to get to buildings that are spread across each level. It really is fun to just wander around in the game.

I still think the game has loads of problems with it's simplistic quests and lousy dialogs, but the game world is one thing they've nailed perfectly.

Thanks for sharing, I plan to buy it and play (probably at winter seal, not sure yet) and it's good to know that exploration is rewarding.
OTOH, how can you complain about a game where you can swim wherever you want is still beyond me (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom