• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Are any of these enhancements coming to the base game as well? I kickstarted the thing and I still haven't played it. Was hoping to get to it some time soon but if there's a better version coming, I can wait.

Anyone who kickstarted it or bought the Dragonfall DLC prior to the director's cut release (I think, might be some other arbitrary date) will get the Director's Cut edition for free. I'm not sure why they'd still sell it as DLC afterwards, actually.

Oh, unless you mean the Dead Man Switch campaign? I'm pretty sure that will be updated with the new UI, but you can double check the backer update's or their website for confirmation of that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Aww, no more Jack Keane 2 jokes. :(

There's actually some pretty big names in that list, wonder why so much stuff is leaving.

It's two publishers leaving GOG - Nordic games and Frictional games

Knurek

You don't to get to pull off high settings on new games that's for sure, but i don't mind turning down the settings. I've just replaced the GTS250 with 750Ti in my family PC today, for some gaming when I come home.

Well, I've just wrapped up Bioshock Infinite on my new 750Ti.
768p, High preset (with some tweaks up here and there), butter-smooth 60 fps.
I don't really see the need to have a better GPU - Ultra didn't seem like a massive upgrade, and besides, I was getting 60 fps (with drops here and there) in it...

Sendou

Wait, did you see them getting killed by Kenny? Clem passes out and that's it. Or did I miss something? Was pretty late when I played it yesterday.

The Walking Dead: S2 ending spoilers
I'm sorry I should have been clearer. While the game doesn't disclose what happened I find it hard to believe Kenny just let them walk away. Now that I think of it that's probably still what happened. Damn that moment I thought Clem was dead. It looked like the shot hit her right in the heart.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
All I can say is Lol @ that TWD S02 ending. I don't really see a point to a season 3 unless they want to just repeat all this stuff over and over.

I'm also pissed off that some people escaped my murderous reign of terror.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Huggy just told me about the guy who was begging for games.

H-I-LARIOUS!

jczaoNTASp7cr.png

sorry mik, I'm sure you're a swell fellow deep at heart

Shadownet

Banned
All I can say is Lol @ that TWD S02 ending. I don't really see a point to a season 3 unless they want to just repeat all this stuff over and over.

I'm also pissed off that some people escaped my murderous reign of terror.

So is it worth getting TWD2 now? or Should I wait for that 85% winter sale?
sorry mik, I'm sure you're a swell fellow deep at heart

I'm not losing any tears over it. I already permaban him the moment Huggy told me about it. Plus, its not like we have a shortage of awesome SteamGAF members to giveaway stuff to.

Now I just gotta figure out how to get Sub Zero off my permaban list.

:p

Sendou

So is it worth getting TWD2 now? or Should I wait for that 85% winter sale?

Yeah it's worth that price if you liked Season 1.

What would happen if
I don't let the family in?

Not much. They just walk away. Although you get to see one cool moment: the man says "What if we're dangerous, girl?" and Clem answers "What if I'm dangerous?". Character development or something.

Morning Prinny! Are you playing 3DS Classics Kid Icarus or Kid Icarus Uprising? I like both, but Uprising isn't too short to where you can just rush through it, I really looked it though since I found the controls pretty great (They take about 5 chapters to really get used to it though). Also I'm planning to play some Dark Souls 2 later <3
HUUUUGGGS <33 I sent you like 4 msgs and you just ignored them! I thought you were mad at me :x and yea I'm talking about Uprising, last time I played it I got to like ch5 or something, if its that long guess I'll just play as much as I can(till i get really bored/hands hurt a lot) and I'll just continue my playthrough during Friday.

LOL I'm genuinely surprised that he's not banned. Well thats nice at least, he should be more careful.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Walking Dead: S2 ending spoilers
I'm sorry I should have been clearer. While the game doesn't disclose what happened I find it hard to believe Kenny just let them walk away. Now that I think of it that's probably still what happened. Damn that moment I thought Clem was dead. It looked like the shot hit her right in the heart.

During my playthrough, I asked Kenny what happened to the others and he told me that Bonnie, Mike, and Arvo ran off into the woods after Clem got shot.

koma

Ok i think i have so many good games on Steam still to play that i could not buy another game for at least 4 or 5 years :O

jshackles

Which
family are all of you talking about
? Did I fall asleep this morning while playing the game or why don't I remember this lol

I think they're referring to an event that's
only present in one of the three possible endings.

EDIT:
Beat :)

Well, I've just wrapped up Bioshock Infinite on my new 750Ti.
768p, High preset (with some tweaks up here and there), butter-smooth 60 fps.
I don't really see the need to have a better GPU - Ultra didn't seem like a massive upgrade, and besides, I was getting 60 fps (with drops here and there) in it...
Our monitor in our home is full hd, won't get that kind of performance here. I got it because it pretty good for its price, and I'm honestly not sure if the PSU can handle higher end cards.

just saw the whats new on gog video, wow man gog is such an awesome company, I wish more companys would put there games there. DRM free is awesome.

I need more context to remember that event.

Which
family are all of you talking about
? Did I fall asleep this morning while playing the game or why don't I remember this lol
A group of three that approached Carver's compound at the end. I assumed they were a family.
I think it fades out to credits regardless of your choice
Nah,
they came in, and the woman hugged Jane.

Oh, unless you mean the Dead Man Switch campaign? I'm pretty sure that will be updated with the new UI, but you can double check the backer update's or their website for confirmation of that.

Yea I was referring to the original campaign. Had a look at their KS updates page and they don't specify any changes happening to it. This is the closest they have to say about it..

Is there any possibility of a Director’s Cut for Dead Man’s Switch?

Currently, we don’t have plans for a DMS Director’s Cut. However, we've released several updates to DMS over the course of the last year, including a major update with the new save game functionality when Dragonfall first launched. A few weeks ago, we pushed another DMS patch which includes some balance changes to key parts of the game. While it’s not a Director’s Cut, we hope those changes will provide a better experience for everyone.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
My ending:

Clem alone with the baby walks into a field of zombies with zombie guts on her lolololol fade to black

if there is a season 3 i would like clem to find those traitors, especially that russian dick and catch them. and then go full game of thrones ramsey on them.

Jawmuncher

I finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 the other day. This post is a partial rehash of my post from the previous thread, but now that I've completed it, I feel like I should post a proper post. I haven't touched the DLC yet, but I plan to after I finish the Dark Souls 2 DLC that just came out.

header_292x136.jpg

So, I actually liked it a lot more than I expected. The overall impression of it everywhere seemed to be very negative (regardless of what you think about metacritic, 58/100 doesn't exactly inspire confidence), but I ended up liking it quite a bit.

The combat is fun, even though it sometimes feel like the enemies have too many unblockacle moves, so instead of sync blocking you are dodging maybe more than I would prefer. Still, Dracula is nimble and there are enough new moves doled out every now and then to keep things interesting all the way through. Void and Chaos powers replace the light and dark magic from the first game, but more in name than function. You still get orbs from keeping your combat focus going, in order to fill out those magic meters, and one of them is more powerful and the other one is less, but heals with every hit landed. It's essentially the same system as the first LoS, but some very minor differences. Probably the biggest difference with combat is not even directly related to combat, but it's the free camera. And they handle it well, the combat camera is smart most of the time (unlike say, the camera in MGRR), and doesn't get in the way. All the finishers take too long though, I get it, you are Dracula, but suck that blood a little faster, thanks. But overall, good stuff.

Presentation is probably the most uneven thing in the entire package. Environments and locations can be gorgeous, but they can also be fucking boring. Boring sewers and industrial plants, but also gorgeous gothic (or something) architecture and fantastic vistas. Dracula seems incredibly tiny in this world too. The grand scale of everything works well in the non-industrial setting, big majectic doors and windows etc, but in the industrial setting it just looks comical. Music is the same, Araujo does some good work with some tracks, but others are just a big meeh. I remember reading an interview from him where he says that he didn't really have a lot of freedom in the end, that he had tried to approach the music from other angles but was told that it needed to be more cinematic. Some of it works, some of it doesn't. The story is really really dumb, somewhat poorly written, but it does its job of pushing you towards your next objective.

The worst part are the sections where they probably thought that they should add some variety in the gameplay design or something. Obviously the much talked stealth stuff is one part of that. They have absolutely no place in this game, they are just poor. But they are also really easy and short, so I'm not sure how the press was so badly hung up on them. Yes, they suck ass, but it takes like 2 minutes to go through. The elevator action section is dumb as well, again, not because it's hard or anything, but a timed switch to restore power in order to use an elevator is not fun. And I imagine the director had played Uncharted and told that we need something like that, heart pounding set pieces. The results are absolute shit. There's one section where the floor falls under you, push forward and push A for awesome. The entire train section is hot garbage, but especially the part where you dodge the roof lights or whatever. And then there's the QTE's, which you can turn off from the settings. If you played LoS, you'll probably remember that most boss fights had some easy quicktime event sequences in them, sometimes in the middle or in the end, and usually if you failed the boss would gain a little health back, rinse and repeat until you were quick and timely enough. That's still here, but if you turn them off, it will just play that whole section as if you were successful. And I very much recommend it. What does it tell you about this hot feature that they added an option to just disable them?

The game is very linear, but it has a hint of that non-linearity with all the secrets you can find. That speaks to me in some primal level and I can just get lost in the world, just running around and looking behind every corner and such to find everything. It just speaks to me man. Of course I would recommend you do this only after you get all your powers back, can't get them all without all your powers. There's also some combat challenges, and I played through couple tiers of them... but didn't bother with the rest. It gets into a little more complicated stuff than I have patience for (you can only hit this dude while he is frozen, while simultaneously killing smaller dudes every 20 seconds etc etc). For me it takes the fun out of it.

So overall, I'd say my experience with the game is positive. I paid ~20$ for it and I'd say it's worth at least that if not more.

Sounds like it'll be worth it for me once I get to playing it.
Thanks for the impressions.

Sendou

My ending:

Clem alone with the baby walks into a field of zombies with zombie guts on her lolololol fade to black

if there is a season 3 i would like clem to find those traitors, especially that russian dick and catch them. and then go full game of thrones ramsey on them.

#MyClementine

jshackles

FATE: The Traitor Soul is coming to Steam!

- NEW Steam Trading Cards
- NEW Steam Badges
- NEW Steam Emoticons
- NEW Profile Backgrounds

Probably late to the party on this one, but I had no idea it was coming to Steam.

r3n4ud

- NEW Steam Badges
- NEW Steam Emoticons

Probably late to the party on this one, but I had no idea it was coming to Steam.

Missed picking up the previous two when they went on sale :/

Have you played any of them yet?

Farming Simulator 2013 Titanium is 75% off on Gamersgate.
IndieGameStand daily is Letter Quest:Grimm's Journey PWYW, Steam key when greenlit

Looking forward to FS15. Such a relaxing fall season game.

- NEW Steam Badges
- NEW Steam Emoticons

This came pre-installed with a bunch of wild tangent games on my last laptop. It's garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom