• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokoi

Banned
Seeing all these "nice thread btw" posts, I'm actually starting to fear what will happen during the next thread switch over.

Like, what if that new thread won't be as nice as this one?

I will make sure to be a very mean person next one. Also I shall write very detailed responses on why the games yall like are shit. (maybe)

Seeing all these "nice thread btw" posts, I'm actually starting to fear what will happen during the next thread switch over.

There's only one person that can give us any comfort regarding the niceness of any and all future threads, and afaik he's probably so hyped with his free Deadlight key that we might not see him for a while.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

image.php

I don't get why TellTale games get this sort of criticism, what kind of gameplay are you expecting other than exploring areas, talking to people and occasional use of items? It's not an RPG or action game, it's a point & click style game.

They've done little to no change in their most recent games. They should at least make an attempt to try something new. But then again it's TellTale and they get a freepass for it. If this was any other developer people would be more critical of them for following the same cookie cutter formula.

I don't know if you know this, but..

In most games, you just press buttons.

If you consider mashing a button for a QTE event as good gameplay then I really don't know what to say

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Zack Zero -- MB-EDAE12AB5F12AF01 - Taken by jfredsilva

It has cards.

They've done little to no change in their most recent games. They should at least make an attempt to try something new. But then again it's TellTale and they get a freepass for it. If this was any other developer people would be more critical of them for following the same cookie cutter formula.

If you consider mashing a button for a QTE event as good gameplay then I really don't know what to say

15108135.jpg

wetflame

Pizza Dog
PLEASE READ:
I don't know if the key is valid. I obtained it from my Desura client, I think it's from Humble Frozenbyte Bundle, so it SHOULD be unused, but let me know.
If it's valid, maybe I've other games from that bundle to give away.

The picture shows Castle Doctrine, but the game is Trine. Modbot's been hitting the sauce.

Edit: It got fixed!

iosefe

PLEASE READ:
I don't know if the key is valid. I obtained it from my Desura client, I think it's from Humble Frozenbyte Bundle, so it SHOULD be unused, but let me know.
If it's valid, maybe I've other games from that bundle to give away.
We'll find out when I get home.

Never experienced the first trine, i hear the puzzles are better than in the sequel

KingDirk

Ugggh had to fill in for someone at work so my Mirror's Edge plans got delayed. First shift on the unit is so boring, unless I choose to listen to the guy teaching the kids, in which case it's actively loathsome.

You are pretty much describing more than half of the current AAA gaming industry.

kinda interestef in Halo: SA just as a coop game to play with my brother. Is it decent for coop? I thought i read somewhere that the microtransactions were toned down for the steam/PC release?

Final Round!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atraveller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PixelJunk Eden -- MB-8AF7D70D66F4DEB4 - Taken by kudoboi. 10 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Prey -- MB-02922DA37E789D82 - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 70 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-93D2A23923621684 - Taken by rostocker. 1 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-808CBA8CFF584F45 - Taken by Armoured Priest. 5 entrants total.

t1409407466z1.png

kinda interestef in Halo: SA just as a coop game to play with my brother. Is it decent for coop? I thought i read somewhere that the microtransactions were toned down for the steam/PC release?

It's a very mediocre game but I imagine it would at least be somewhat improved in co-op. Not sure about the microtrans stuff as I played it on XBONE but for the price it's probably worth picking up.

milena87

Frankly, I prefer these type of story-driven games to have as little traditional gameplay sessions as possible. I buy these games for interactive stories and characters. The Last of Us would be among my favourite games ever, if it wasn't for the boring gameplay (I know that most people liked it).

Certainly Telltale should improve upon their formula, but by that I mean that they should create true consequences for our choices. They should try to give us more than the illusion of choice. I understand that this is not possible for every choice, but they could start with some :p

kevin1025

Banned

I really enjoy the Telltale games, but I noticed in the last few The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead: Season Two episodes that free roaming in an area has been almost entirely cut out of the games. It is a straight point A to point B affair, except for perhaps one small place to talk to two or three people. I missed that from the first Walking Dead game, ie. going through the pharmacy or walking around the farm. Having that excised is kind of a bummer, even if the storytelling is still great.

Dr Dogg

When I'm bored and need a laugh I have a look through ModBot's post history to try and see if I can figure out which mod closed a thread by the zinger delivered.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It doubles as an anonymous conduit for thread moderation

It actually doubles as a conduit for moderation period; vBulletin's moderation tools are straight up shitty and the mobile site has no moderation tools at all. It should thus surprise no one that someone had to make a mobile-compatible moderation method. ModBot uses IRC to take commands for moderation stuff, so it's super convenient on the phone.

I should also note that even the "anonymous" thread closures aren't anonymous. We can see exactly who did it. It's still accountable. The spirit is more intended to be "collective" decisions--so that instead of immediately going after the mod that locked their thread and holding a grudge, people can just contact any moderator to follow up.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yo. Never feel bad about a win. Tip: piss off the other player as much as possible. Taunt more.

Ken-sf3-taunt-comeon.gif

I'll keep that in mind!

Let me know if you want to play a few rounds and teach me some basics some time Nabs :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oh PC World, you're too kind!

I wanted to congratulate you on the coverage but the auto-play loud audio tutorial video on the right column teaching me how to change a font in Microsoft Word soured my mood. What a shit move for their site. Hope the 0.01 of revenue was worth me adblocking them entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom