• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strazyplus

Someone on my friends list is getting lucky tonight. ;)
I'm gifting someone Sniper Elite 3 and The Banner Saga.

I am on her friends list ... but we havent spoken to each other.... much SO SAD

they keep playing CS:GO and not L4D2 or any other multiplayer game I have XD

Khronico

Someone on my friends list is getting lucky tonight. ;)
I'm gifting someone Sniper Elite 3 and The Banner Saga.

I don't know why but now I have this feeling of anticipation.... Like something really awesome is going to happen but I don't know what.

----

This is really short notice, but does anyone want to play Contagion tonight? I'm ready to play right now but I can wait if anyone can't play ASAP. No timer for this but I'll put a name list just in case:

1. Me

Shadownet

Banned
Lets play a game!

Strazyplus
DocSeuss
Backlogger
electroflame.

Since you four were the only one who showed any interest for it.

You four. Pick a number between 1-50.

The closest one get Sniper Elite 3!

EdmondD

Again, back on page 195 or so, there's a 100-game giveaway, guys. :)

Seriously, though, where are these $10 codes for Sniper Elite 3 and Murdered? I was interested in Sniper Elite 3.

except possibly my love and adoration

see edit message, then see next message

...it's weird

Hah. Isn't it cool that people who cheat and look at the second spoiler right after the first actually get a different context to the message? I feel clever.
You make a good point. I do talk though just not as often as others. I should post more impressions of games though I admit and it wouldn't hurt to share more opinions. By the way your avatar is from a Warren Ellis comic right? I'm a big Ellis fan. You're my bro Rio.

iosefe

Lets play a game!

Strazyplus
DocSeuss
Backlogger
electroflame.

will there be a banner saga number game, too? if so, 33

Arthea

Lets play a game!

Strazyplus
DocSeuss
Backlogger
electroflame.

42!
I'm not in for games or anything, I just need to post 42, given any chance (><)

Annubis

I just realized that unless they work weekends at Larian, we're not getting the 2 extra companions promised in August (was actually mid August).

EDIT: derp, I'm talking about Divinity Original Sin

liezryou

Can I have your time machine?

Yes, you probably had a brainfart. Sorry that I preserved it for everyone.

I assume you wanted to say September :p. But yeah, I thought something like this would happen(and that's why the codes are going for so cheap right now). Suck a bit, but I will still be able to get a Gold code for like 25$ down the line so that's cool.

Oops. Yes september is what i meant :D. If you buy any codes make sure to ask what the expiry date is.

Parsnip

Vagrant_Story.jpg
Preach it brother.

I just realized that unless they work weekends at Larian, we're not getting the 2 extra companions promised in August (was actually mid August).

EDIT: derp, I'm talking about Divinity Original Sin
Just a reminder, if you see my playing it, you are welcomed to jump in.

kevin1025

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kevin1025, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Super House of Dead Ninjas -- MB-2C7F3CFA6DF56088 - Taken by DillonMabry

Enjoy!

Children of the Nile is the first thing that leaps to mind.

People get vouchers when they buy new cards from participating retailers.

You can get the old game on GOG.com, in fact its on sale right now as part of the weekend Activision sale:

http://www.gog.com/game/pharaoh_cleopatra

Those games are available on GOG.com if you're looking to but them again to play. As for similar hopefully someone else can offer something in that area.

Banished might work. Bit more of a learning cliff than those, however.

Thanks, she bought Pharaoh and Cleopatra last week on GoG, she's salty about the sale.

Children of the Nile and Banished both look good, thanks for the recommendations.

Asgaro

Shut up and take my keys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Serious Sam 3: BFE -- MB-AB65B0927623196E - Taken by t0rment. 3 entrants total.
Garry's Mod -- MB-197A532EB629ABD8 - Taken by SSPssp. 6 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-FE73531CD1C982F9 - Taken by FauX. 1 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-8706E0485C6BF739 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.

t1409374527z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Atraveller, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atraveller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PixelJunk Eden -- MB-8AF7D70D66F4DEB4
t1cxE6r.gif
Prey -- MB-02922DA37E789D82
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-93D2A23923621684
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-808CBA8CFF584F45

t1409407466z1.png

Lets play a game!

Strazyplus
DocSeuss
Backlogger
electroflame.

Ah, I didn't see this. Let's see...

Well contest is over. Someone guessed the right number. damn. I'm impressed.

Darth Vader said:
Well, that'll teach me to not seek sustenance.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of EdmondD, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (EdmondD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Max Payne -- MB-7B0991989F5F1DD5 - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
Alpha Protocol -- MB-5FC4EC5027330930 - Taken by Easton Dark. 12 entrants total.

t1409368887z1.png

DocSeuss

Weird request: does anyone wanna play COD Ghosts vs Aliens with me? This is TIGHT.

You make a good point. I do talk though just not as often as others. I should post more impressions of games though I admit and it wouldn't hurt to share more opinions. By the way your avatar is from a Warren Ellis comic right? I'm a big Ellis fan. You're my bro Rio.

Rare is the person who recognizes Desolation Jones. You are automatically cool now.

If you don't want to talk a lot, you don't have to, it's just that we, the guys giving away games, often have no idea who the people are who take our games, and... well, at least for me, I'm giving it to the people I know in SteamGAF, y'know? So I use the rule because I'm trying to give games to my friends, not random strangers.

Well contest is over. Someone guessed the right number. damn. I'm impressed.

I want to start a campaign to get people reading edit messages.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I have not played a Call of Duty game in many years. I really enjoy a good single player campaign.

Are the newer ones good for single player? Or pretty focused on multiplayer?

Is there a "best" one for single?

My wallet wants to know.

Deadbeat

Banned
I have not played a Call of Duty game in many years. I really enjoy a good single player campaign.

My wallet wants to know.
Blops 2 was pretty fun. Story can have different endings.

My wallet wants to know.

I thought BOPs was the best and BOPs2 is pretty good as well. Ghosts was meh

My wallet wants to know.

Granted, I stopped with MW2, and played the first mission of BLOPS recently, but CoD4MW still remains the best in my book, both single and multi.

DocSeuss

My wallet wants to know.

COD4, MW2 are great. To a lesser extent MW3 and Ghosts. There's some great ideas in ghosts.

Blops and Blops 2 have terrible stories (there's this sequence in Blops 2 where your character kills people via, um, being angry, and this terrible ripoff of every "capturing the villain was HIS PLAN! mwahahaha!" moment in movies, but what do you expect when your screenwriter penned and directed Blade 3). Blops 2 has some neat ideas, though, like choice and consequence moments in the campaign.

Treyarch always has good ideas, but the execution is terrible.

Reading is essential!

So is your friendship.

You are awesome. :)

COD4, MW2 are great. To a lesser extent MW3 and Ghosts. There's some great ideas in ghosts.

Blops and Blops 2 have terrible stories (there's this sequence in Blops 2 where your character kills people via, um, being angry, and this terrible ripoff of every "capturing the villain was HIS PLAN! mwahahaha!" moment in movies, but what do you expect when your screenwriter penned and directed Blade 3). Blops 2 has some neat ideas, though, like choice and consequence moments in the campaign.

I still hold COD4 and MW2 as the best cods, but MW3 and ghosts were way worse than blops and blops2 in my opinion, both in single and mulitplayer. Guess they all have their appeals though!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Well, just read mik7697-gate and that was quite... something. I'm glad that Skynet Modbot had evolved enough to prevent a javadots 2.0 though.

Also no quote walls for the time being, not much time to do so
and the free time is being taken by Marvel Unlimited

My wallet wants to know.
Look at the discussion forums, I can't get mw2 or waw to work and it seems I am not alone. Not sure if that extends to the other games but I have the same issue for both Games.

My wallet wants to know.

I wouldn't bother with any of the new ones, they are mainly multiplayer focused with short and not very good campaigns. Even the multiplayer for the newest ones is somewhat subpar for CoD imo.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I was going to buy 2 COD games based on comments here, and friends, but since every other person said COD4 I'm just gonna buy 2 of those and give one away. I can't be the only one that has not played it ;P

Giveaway inc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom