• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

http://www.techpowerup.com/img/14-08-23/108a.jpg[/IMG

AMD cards have codes you can redeem for games.[/QUOTE]

hold on a second, Star Citizen is one of those games? How is that even possible?
[SPOILER]if only I knew...[/SPOILER]

edited: guys, it's happening.gif
[url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885330[/url]

news on GoT by Telltale /\

Khronico

I have a soft spot for Highrise. I really like combat on tall buildings. It probably dates back to that battle mode map from Mario Kart 64.

Subbase is pretty good too.

Man we should have a gaf night or something. It'd probably give me a reason to pay the ridiculous prices they charge for these old CoDs.

I'd totally be up for it but that 50% off is really not doing it for me. 10 bucks for MW2 and its expansions and it would already be in my game list.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of arts&crafts, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (arts&crafts, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Time Force Ultra -- MB-DA2DB5C272619BC7 - Taken by Kifimbo. 43 entrants total.

t1409362767z1.png

Wow... the AMD promos are always so underwhelming. Probably doesn't bode well for Alien Isolation sales either...

I'm very happy I got Thi4f and TR2013 the last time.
If anyone wants to hook me up with one for Murdered and Banner Saga... ;)

I already bought 2 and gave part 2/3rds of them away.
Go get your own code... :p

SparkTR

The great PC gamer purge happened.
jk

Dennis got banned for a relationship thread.

I thought he got banned for that, then when he came back he started posting in/derailing a Thief 4 thread and got perma-banned for that. He should have been unbanned once it turned out Thief 4 was actually a piece of shit.

Lomax

Seems weird seeing Star Citizen in the promo offer, with as crazy successful as their crowdfunding has been, I'd almost think they'd see other sources of funding as potentially detrimental to their current plan.

the%20ashlands%20-%20lifestone%20shard%202%20-%20img--article_image.jpg

the%20ashlands%20-%20lifestone%20shard%202%20-%20map%20-%20USE--article_image.jpg

How the heck do I get here for the second Ashlands lifestone shard? I can't find it anywhere. The map is no help.

Don't remember the specific answer, but if it's the first time you've been in an area, it almost certainly requires an ability you don't have yet.

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

airship dragoon -- MB-9F4AD9279FD8CF9D - Taken by VikasNarula

hello everyone, heres a spare

zychi

Banned
Can someone explain that Radeon promo to me?

I have a 7970, I don't think I'm eligible?

e: I'd end up giving away 2 of the games, I own all but Sniper Elite 3 lol

DocSeuss

Don't remember the specific answer, but if it's the first time you've been in an area, it almost certainly requires an ability you don't have yet.

I seem to recall that you have to climb up somewhere else and grapple across the roof, but I could be wrong.

Can someone explain that Radeon promo to me?

I have a 7970, I don't think I'm eligible?

Cards come in the box with new GPUs, yo.

Turfster

I haven't gotten a reply yet ;_;
Not only does nobody read my posts, nobody reads my pms either! ;)
(Guy's probably overwhelmed by pms from all you guys!)

EdmondD

Damn, you guys are making me feel bad for having a low post count. Some people, myself included, prefer to lurk for whatever reasons. I don't post often on GAF let alone the Steam thread. I'm just kind of a quiet guy both offline and online. My posts may not be of the highest quality but I try to avoid shit posting.

I'm not just here to leech off people's generosity I really like this community and enjoy reading your thoughts and opinions. You guys made a lot of good points and I understand where you are coming from but I don't think it's a bad thing to have a low post count.

I thought he got banned for that, then when he came back he started posting in/derailing a Thief 4 thread and got perma-banned for that. He should have been unbanned once it turned out Thief 4 was actually a piece of shit.
Not to derail the thread further, I think he got himself banned in yet another relationship thread.

People are now aware that AMD silver or gold Never Settle promo codes will net them Alien Isolation and 1-2 other games.
Previously, these codes can be had for $15-$30.
Last promo, the two "new" games were Sniper Elite 3 and Murdered: Soul Suspect, neither of which have been smash hits and M:SS having already hit $15 or less I believe.

I can't say, looking at all that information and extrapolating the results to the new promo with updated games makes me think people are going to rush out and purchase Alien Isolation at retail when they can just grab one of these codes.

Someone on my friends list is getting lucky tonight. ;)
I'm gifting someone Sniper Elite 3 and The Banner Saga.

Wake me when I have a chance at being gifted Watch_Dogs or The Evil Within. :3

Arthea

People are now aware that AMD silver or gold Never Settle promo codes will net them Alien Isolation and 1-2 other games.
Previously, these codes can be had for $15-$30.
Last promo, the two "new" games were Sniper Elite 3 and Murdered: Soul Suspect, neither of which have been smash hits and M:SS having already hit $15 or less I believe.

I can't say, looking at all that information and extrapolating the results to the new promo with updated games makes me think people are going to rush out and purchase Alien Isolation at retail when they can just grab one of these codes.

Wake me when I have a chance at being gifted Watch_Dogs or The Evil Within. :3

who cares about Alien Isolation, when Star Citizen is on the table?!
I would take Watch Dogs too, actually (><)

Damn, you guys are making me feel bad for having a low post count. Some people, myself included, prefer to lurk for whatever reasons. I don't post often on GAF let alone the Steam thread. I'm just kind of a quiet guy both offline and online. My posts may not be of the highest quality but I try to avoid shit posting.

I'm not just here to leech off people's generosity I really like this community and enjoy reading your thoughts and opinions. You guys made a lot of good points and I understand where you are coming from but I don't think it's a bad thing to have a low post count.

Don't sweat it man. A low post count has never been indication that a member is unworthy of anything.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

You are a cool guy in my book, dude.

Besides, Turfster wasn't saying that all members with 5 or less posts were here for keys. He only said some were, which is probably true (as we saw again a few days ago.)

DocSeuss

Again, back on page 195 or so, there's a 100-game giveaway, guys. :)

Seriously, though, where are these $10 codes for Sniper Elite 3 and Murdered? I was interested in Sniper Elite 3.

Don't sweat it man. A low post count has never been indication that a member is unworthy of anything.

except possibly my love and adoration

see edit message, then see next message

...it's weird

Hah. Isn't it cool that people who cheat and look at the second spoiler right after the first actually get a different context to the message? I feel clever.

Yeah I really liked playing through the BLOPS1 campaign. Was NOT a fan of the BLOPS2 campaign outside of the interesting choice system it had.

Agreed. I actually thought Ghosts had a fairly decent campaign but for me what really made BLOPs shine was the unreliable narrator and sense of real intrigue that I don't think any of the other CoDs have been able to match thus far. I have hopes for advance warfare. If bringing on Kevin Spacey is an indication that sledgehammer is trying to add more depth to the story, we may be in for a treat

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Widdly Scuds, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rise of the Triad -- MB-F0E58F6195DE1BFA - Taken by Catshade. 10 entrants total.

t1409364567z1.png

yo guys, I just got back from playing maplestory... Don't judge me, that game is like crack man. I used to play back when I was in middle school. My friend wanted me to play with her again so I reinstalled it... Played for like 2 hours straight. @_@ weird for me since I normally take a short break after every hour unless its a handheld game. Anyone else play this? I'm in Scania btw(or however you spell it). Currently playing as a battle mage(lvl110), my highest is a mechanic lvl 164 tho.

I had 150+ post in the July thread(s), I think maybe 5 in the last one. Sometimes life gets in the way. Doesn't mean there is anything against you. It's unfortunate that a few people ruin it for everyone

xeris

Just got my second booster ever. Apparently unopened Pixel Puzzles: Japan boosters are going for around 74 cents, but I decided to open it for giggles anyway. No foils but I won't complain because I sold all my cards for that, including a foil, for around 5 bucks total during the summer sale. Now that they're dirt cheap maybe I'll finish the badge.

Jawmuncher

Hello SteamGAF, quick question.

I need some help, my wife is a HUGE fan of the old Pharaoh/Cleopatra games. What new games are similar?

Those games are available on GOG.com if you're looking to but them again to play. As for similar hopefully someone else can offer something in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom