• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

In other jrpg news, I also started playing Trails lately and I'm getting a strong Grandia vibe from it, which is great. Hoping I'll finish it before part 2 hits steam.
I can't really see it coming any time within the next few months so I think you've got plenty of time. :p

I'm personally waiting till nearer to its release and then I'll finally play Trails again and complete it ready.

Hmm, just got a 23% off voucher from GMG, which is a bit of a weird one. Need to determine what to use it on, might end up using it on Civ, unless a better voucher is available, which is probably the case.

Sajjaja

What is it with kids and Minecraft. Some relatives staying over and the kids are 9 and 6. DO YOU HAVE MINECRAFT? Yes. CAN WE PLAY? Yes. One plays, the other watches Minecraft videos on the tablet.

No gaming tonight =

Hugstable

Banned
Regardless of who owns it, tri-Ace needs to get their shit together and give me Valkyrie Profile 3 before they die out completely. If you'd have told me back in the PS2 gen that I wouldn't have VP3 in my possession by now I'd have laughed at you. Now I'll just save that laughter for when it gets announced
for iOS.

In other jrpg news, I also started playing Trails lately and I'm getting a strong Grandia vibe from it, which is great. Hoping I'll finish it before part 2 hits steam.

I've given up on the Valkyrie Profile 3 dream. I just feel that current Square really could care less about alot of their older franchises like that, especially Enix ones. VP3 was supposed to cover Hrist and I'm sad that we will never get to that chapter. VP1: Lenneth was such a great game for it's time, and even though the dungeons were 2D sidescrolling style, they still had mass amounts of depth and puzzles.

"It shall be engraved upon your soul! Divine Assault! Nibelung Valesti!!"

and yes I'm a bit salty about it.

Arthea

Regardless of who owns it, tri-Ace needs to get their shit together and give me Valkyrie Profile 3 before they die out completely. If you'd have told me back in the PS2 gen that I wouldn't have VP3 in my possession by now I'd have laughed at you. Now I'll just save that laughter for when it gets announced
for iOS.

I'm afraid to tell you this, but at this time VP3 is as likely to happen as Suikoden 6, meaning never. Tri-Ace were basically kicked by SE and SE owns all their franchises, also their new games didn't do all that well, to put it mildly, they are basically already dead.jpg
It pains me, but that's how it is. If you haven't played it, I would suggest Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, I consider it my VP3, a game is really interesting too, has real branching structure and other nice things.

Also sorry for OT, but I can't pass by anything Tri-Ace related.

What is it with kids and Minecraft. Some relatives staying over and the kids are 9 and 6. DO YOU HAVE MINECRAFT? Yes. CAN WE PLAY? Yes. One plays, the other watches Minecraft videos on the tablet.

No gaming tonight =
My Hispanic cousin spends lots of time watching Minecraft LPs, even more than the time he actually spends on playing it. He wouldn't let me watch him play after I told him Minecraft is boring.

It ignores further signups for that giveaway, iirc.

We've got a lot of people that do the bare minimum 5 non-relevant posts so they can get free games and don't contribute anything else to the thread.
People that use it, feel like they want their games to go to someone that contributes to the thread and/or give things away themselves.

I didn't think that that many people did that. It always seemed obvious what they were doing. Is there not a way to exclude someone specifically from a raffle if you know that they are gaming the system?

Asgaro

I'm not 100% sure I've seen you around SteamGAF or not. But if this is your first time. Welcome :D

Otherwise, my apology. I don't recognize your username/avatar.
-------
I lost track of how many games I gave away.
-------
Btw, anyone know what's wrong with Maneil. He left SteamGAF, he just sent me the Secret Santa list and said "see ya around."

(My avatar has changed recently, but I don't think you would also remember the previous avatar. :p )

Yeah, I'm still new here: this specific Steam thread is the first one I contribute to from time to time. :) The previous Steam thread I mostly lurked.

The last few years I mostly frequented a popular Dutch forum but now I fully transitioned to NeoGAF as my go-to forum.
(They didn't allow GIFs and the big community activity that Battlefield 3 brought to that forum, has died down now since BF4 doesn't have the same impact.)

So yeah, the last few years I've posted on NeoGAF in general very few times.

One reason being that I got banned - as a junior member mind.
At the time I didn't know I could have been permabanned though. (Didn't even know there was a distinction between Junior and Regular)

Short story time:
- I posted a referral link to win BF3 for free - as a junior member.
- Another member (normal member) saw this and also made his own referral link.
- A mod banned him. Seemingly they hadn't noticed my post, but did see his...
- I PMed a mod to ask to ban me in return for the other guy to get unbanned.
- The mods agreed: other guy got unbanned. Me banned. But only temporarily which - in hindsight - was a class act from the mods too!

Here is the whole conversation; had it bookmarked: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30659246&postcount=5100

Some feels_good_man posts:

neogaf1.PNG

neogaf2.PNG

- So then I went back to that Dutch forum.
- But that forum's "good times" are seemingly over, so now i'm at NeoGAF and here to stay!

I also recently noticed I got removed of the "Junior" tag which is great considering my past. :)

Turfster

No gaming tonight =

I know, right?
My little nephews are always "is the new game you're making minecraft?" "why is it not minecraft?" "I've got a good idea for you *describes minecraft*"
Ugh.

Teppic

Operation breakout pass paid off for in CS:GO, now I just need to pay off the game itself. Is the game fun? It is fun, but lets just say that if I couldn't get some money from it I wouldn't play it that much.

madjoki

I saw two space games in the AMD bundle thing and was hoping one was Civilization Beyond Earth :(

Yeah, I was hoping for CivBe too.

Hmm, just got a 23% off voucher from GMG, which is a bit of a weird one. Need to determine what to use it on, might end up using it on Civ, unless a better voucher is available, which is probably the case.

28CWZS-2U9JHB-JZGE4H

25% off preorders. Not much better, but it's still some cents.
Shame neither works with credit.

Khronico

No gaming tonight =

Just make them play KOF or Ultra with you.

MUnited83

For you.
Thanks. Asked him, but sadly his codes expire on monday.

Would love to have Alien and Star Citizen though. Hope someone will also sell those for 10$.

... that will take quite a while :p. Alien and Star Citizen, especially SC, have pretty big demand. People will sell it for 10$ when the codes are close to expire.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
(My avatar has changed recently, but I don't think you would also remember the previous avatar. :p )
Congrats man, that was incredibly kind of you. You're not the member we deserve, but the one we... I don't know, I never understood that phrase to be honest :p

Yeah, I was hoping for CivBe too.

28CWZS-2U9JHB-JZGE4H

25% off preorders. Not much better, but it's still some cents.
Shame neither works with credit.

Ah cheers, any idea when that expires? I don't have enough credit on my account anyway so it makes no different to me really. I think I'll end up waiting until the end of September, since I'll actually have money then, so I'll probably not be able to buy anything new until then, instead just work on my backlog. Good thing there's nothing coming out in September before I get money that I really care about, all there is really is would be Wasteland 2 and I've still got Dragon Age and Divinity to play through first anyway.

Terra_Ex

I'm afraid to tell you this, but at this time VP3 is as likely to happen as Suikoden 6, meaning never. Tri-Ace were basically kicked by SE and SE owns all their franchises, also their new games didn't do all that well, to put it mildly, they are basically already dead.jpg
It pains me, but that's how it is. If you haven't played it, I would suggest Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, I consider it my VP3, a game is really interesting too, has real branching structure and other nice things.

Also sorry for OT, but I can't pass by anything Tri-Ace related.
I've given up on the Valkyrie Profile 3 dream. I just feel that current Square really could care less about alot of their older franchises like that, especially Enix ones. VP3 was supposed to cover Hrist and I'm sad that we will never get to that chapter. VP1: Lenneth was such a great game for it's time, and even though the dungeons were 2D sidescrolling style, they still had mass amounts of depth and puzzles.

"It shall be engraved upon your soul! Divine Assault! Nibelung Valesti!!"

and yes I'm a bit salty about it.
Already completed Covenant years ago and while it was indeed a great game, it's not the same as playing as Hrist :( Still, at least it's one of the few franchises without a bad entry, which modern day SquareEnix would surely strive to change. Maybe the stars will align some day, but like you guys I'm not hopeful...

I can't really see it coming any time within the next few months so I think you've got plenty of time. :p

I'm personally waiting till nearer to its release and then I'll finally play Trails again and complete it ready.
I generally only have time for single playthroughs of games nowadays and I also progress at a much slower speed through rpgs than I used to, so good know I have plenty of time left. Very impressed with it so far, definitely lives up to the hype.

EdmondD

Enjoy.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (EdmondD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Max Payne -- MB-7B0991989F5F1DD5
Alpha Protocol -- MB-5FC4EC5027330930

t1409368887z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hrm.
Do the AMD codes stack if you've already used one, or do you have to generate another account?

They stack

Source: I've redeemed about 7 of them at this point, all on the same account

However, I'm not sure if you can get more than one of a particular game, never tried.

oipic

I had been only cautiously optimistic about Alien: Isolation, but the preview in the latest issue of PC PowerPlay (the editor played it for 2-3 hours) has me very excited now.

If it does indeed pop up in the AMD bundle thingy, those codes are going to be very popular - Star Citizen being in the mix as well should drive demand through the roof... so I can't see them being sold cheaply. I hope I'm wrong!

Turfster

They stack

However, I'm not sure if you can get more than one of a particular game, never tried.

Aha, thanks.
And yeah, don't want to get more copies of the same games, but if I had to create a new account each time, it would be... annoying as hell ;)

Nete

holy shit, how much time did it take you to plan all this?

To be honest I'm not really sure, lol. Something between one and two hours of drawing some steps, testing them several times to be sure they are working as expected, and proceeding with some more steps. The game is kinda random with spawns, so you are forced to sweep/cover everything.

Had to rework half plan when I realized all the closed (and locked) bedrooms at the top are always empty and checking them was preventing me of getting three stars (less than 1:40something minutes).

Khronico

I think it's the best Call of Duty. Good single player and great weapon customization in multiplayer without going overboard with 420blazeit skin packs.

Seriously. I had around 528 hours clocked in MW2 multiplayer (ps3). It was JUST the right amount of absurdity. And, imo, it was the modern COD with the best maps; I can't think of any maps from later CODs that I liked as much as any map from MW2.

MAN that game was SO good.

I liked MW and MW2, and agree that WaW wasn't great, but to say Treyarch can't do single player? I still say BOPS1 is the only cod single player campaign I really cared about

Yeah I really liked playing through the BLOPS1 campaign. Was NOT a fan of the BLOPS2 campaign outside of the interesting choice system it had.

madjoki

I'm fairly sure 25% voucher expired yesterday.

I actually tried it before & it works.

Ah cheers, any idea when that expires? I don't have enough credit on my account anyway so it makes no different to me really. I think I'll end up waiting until the end of September, since I'll actually have money then, so I'll probably not be able to buy anything new until then, instead just work on my backlog. Good thing there's nothing coming out in September before I get money that I really care about, all there is really is would be Wasteland 2 and I've still got Dragon Age and Divinity to play through first anyway.

Sunday. But they regularly have new 20%/25% for preorders.

Hrm.
Do the AMD codes stack if you've already used one, or do you have to generate another account?

They stack

I have been limited to two per account. It says contact support for help, but I only got reply about confirming two is the limit.

You can have copy of same game from different coupons.

And, imo, it was the modern COD with the best maps

I have a soft spot for Highrise. I really like combat on tall buildings. It probably dates back to that battle mode map from Mario Kart 64.

Subbase is pretty good too.

Man we should have a gaf night or something. It'd probably give me a reason to pay the ridiculous prices they charge for these old CoDs.

Tellaerin

You must not know me yet.
I'm one of the resident grumpy old men ;)

But would it add quality posts, or more "first!" "new thread smell!" "wow thread goes fast"?
Not so sure.

Sadly, I suspect it'd be the latter. The problem is that people who aren't interested in discussion to begin with won't become interested just because it's a prerequisite for getting at something they do want, so the quality of their posts would end up reflecting that. :s

oipic

What's this AMD thing everyone's on about?

AMD's 'Never Settle' promo thing - tiered rewards for purchasers of Radeon cards.

Word is that both Alien: Isolation and Star Citizen are going to be added to the scheme shortly, hence the renewed/reinvigorated discussion about sourcing codes etc.

Edit: slow (sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom