• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
morning everyone....now i ask you is it worth to spend 60$ for diablo3 and reaper of souls?

Blizzard just released a massive patch (2.1.0) with a lot of new content for higher level characters. I'd say if you haven't yet played Diablo 3 I would start with the base game without the Reaper of Souls expansion, and buy it later when your character is higher level.

mik7697

Neo Member
Blizzard just released a massive patch (2.1.0) with a lot of new content for higher level characters. I'd say if you haven't yet played Diablo 3 I would start with the base game without the Reaper of Souls expansion, and buy it later when your character is higher level.

yes i would have done the same... but now they added season mode and the new character( the crusader ) so i think it's a must to buy the dlc too..although it costs 30 bucks

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone having problems on the Steam client itself ? The store page is blank for me/not loading and when I tried to put some dosh on the steam wallet it failed, not due to credit card error but apparently it couldn't even intiialise the transaction and said to try again later.

EdmondD

My apology. I completely forgot I won Risen 2: Dark Waters/Sacred 2: Gold/Saints Row 2/Saints Row: The Third

I entered for it but completely forgot about it :p too much CSGO today, my brain is mushed now. lol thank you for the games. I LOVE Saints Row so this is amazing :D

can't wait for Gat Out of Hell!

Edit: I'm going to take Overlord as well, since I never play anything from that series before and been intrigued. Plus no one took it and its been hours :p I remember buying it from Humble Bundle.. But I'm not sure what I did with it lol. Might have given it away.

If you like rpgs and games that reward exploration definitely check out Risen 2. A lot of people don't like it especially in comparison to the original but I really enjoyed it. I love exploring in games and Risen 2 really scratched that itch. It also has a cool pirate theme that I liked. Sacred 2 is a really good rpg loot game that is also enjoyable. Check those games out if you get the chance assuming you haven't already played them.

mik7697

Neo Member
Anyone having problems on the Steam client itself ? The store page is blank for me/not loading and when I tried to put some dosh on the steam wallet it failed, not due to credit card error but apparently it couldn't even intiialise the transaction and said to try again later.

Try to disconnect and reconnect. It may fix the problem

Same here. Can't connect to the store, but the community pages work.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
We need to petition them to fix the game up.

Deep Silver should really take advantage of the fact they now own the series. Bring 1 and 2 over to the PC (do SR2 port completely from scratch again) and then they can do complete bundles etc. It's money left on the table.

Same here. Can't connect to the store, but the community pages work.

Thanks for confirming :) Same thing here.

madjoki

Seems like store is down.

kudoboi

hot damn that new alienware area 51 PC

f7kv4bo3l6pahmwot8as.jpg

if i were to get a new PC i would probably buy this

DocSeuss

Should I be doing more Steam reviews?

Should I be hunting down ya'll's reviews and seeing if they're useful and voting them up?

Oh hey Doc, I forgot to mention since you were gone for so long - you missed all the Idle Master hype. See here, especially if you have a lot of games with card drops remaining.

;)

It's in my quicklaunch bar.

Yeah, I messed with Windows 7 until it looked like Vista's start bar. Still the best one there is.

nope. I love you more.

okay ;D

We need to petition them to fix the game up.

I feel like that will fail if I support it.

But realistically, it's on Deep Silver to fix, no?

Enco lost access to my library a few days after I granted his system/account access, but there hasn't been any hiccups since I went through the process again. It's been fine for almost two months now.

Yeah, I wasn't having any problems for a while, but now I am. The friend I'm synced with now is the one who disappeared for a while; I'm wondering if maybe our Steam versions are not patched.

Whoa, I didn't know that.

I could be wrong about that, but I think it is correct.

Saty

Store down? Doesn't show up in the client. Url says:

An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.f49b5ecc.1409387585.6155ce3

EdmondD

f7kv4bo3l6pahmwot8as.jpg

That looks kind of cool but alienware is ridiculously overpriced or so I heard. Never bought an alienware myself. They are probably charging an arm and a leg for that thing.

DocSeuss

If the store is down, how will I ever buy RE4?

I'm probably never going to buy RE4 because I have a hard time believing it's such a great game if you can't jump or move while aiming

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Watching The Proposition again makes me crave for Red Dead on Steam.

Maybe Acti will buy Take-Two and speed up that process a bit. ;)

Yeah, I wasn't having any problems for a while, but now I am. The friend I'm synced with now is the one who disappeared for a while; I'm wondering if maybe our Steam versions are not patched.

From what I've read, Steam can be annoyingly particular about what constitutes a new system. Reauthorisation tends to do the trick, though.

Hugstable

Banned

f7kv4bo3l6pahmwot8as.jpg

That looks like a portable fan lol.

Guys I finally got Xenoblade working for the first time ever without sound issues... Im so happy! I just wish I could import my save files from my Wii U now, having to start the game all over haha. Everything is just beautiful at 4X the resolution though.. WOW>

Mokoi

Banned
That alienware thing looks disgusting. I don't even care about appearances, but there is a limit on how ugly of a thing I can tolerate.

Divius

Yeah that Alienware looks silly. :x

A friend of mine had an Alienware once, it was a really powerful monster at the time and it looked pretty cool, but he overpaid like crazy.

kudoboi

That looks kind of cool but alienware is ridiculously overpriced or so I heard. Never bought an alienware myself. They are probably charging an arm and a leg for that thing.

yeah but custom PC parts are also very costly here. i did a price match a few weeks back with a $2800 alienware aurora model and the total cost for the parts from PC shops here. it turns out to be $2200.. so not really all that cheaper.

also have to add in the fact that i would have to pay for taxi ($100) whereas alienware provides free shipping, assemble it myself (time consuming), buy a custom case and also not have support that is as good as dell.

Benedict

I am not sure if this is redeemed or not, from an amazon purchase.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Jet Set Radio -- MB-7E48641EEBB5E0C9 - Taken by Mokoi

Vuze

Guys I finally got Xenoblade working for the first time ever without sound issues... Im so happy! I just wish I could import my save files from my Wii U now, having to start the game all over haha. Everything is just beautiful at 4X the resolution though.. WOW>

Looks gorgeous! Dolphin is great (event tho it seems MH3 is broken in the latest revisions, it used to work fine years ago :( )

def sim

yes i would have done the same... but now they added season mode and the new character( the crusader ) so i think it's a must to buy the dlc too..although it costs 30 bucks

Unless you really, really want to play as the crusader class, start off with the base game and decide later on if you want more of it. The expansion isn't going anywhere.

I've been playing it on console and it's kind of a big time sink. I'm pretty sure I'm not anywhere close to reaching the main portion of reaper content after about 15 hours playtime.

yeah but custom PC parts are also very costly here. i did a price match a few weeks back with a $2800 alienware aurora model and the total cost for the parts from PC shops here. it turns out to be $2200.. so not really all that cheaper.

also have to add in the fact that i would have to pay for taxi ($100) whereas alienware provides free shipping, assemble it myself (time consuming), buy a custom case and also not have support that is as good as dell.

If it's truly a hassle and parts are abnormally expensive, then I guess I can understand why you would go pre-built. Still, ~$500 savings isn't anything to sneeze at!

What sound settings are you using? I've been having a couple of issues recently since I formatted my PC.

By the way, you might be able to import your save file. I managed to get my Skyward Sword save from my Wii U to my PC so that I could play Hero mode on Dolphin. This should help: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-transfer-gc-wii-memory-card-saves-to-dolphin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom