• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Where does the Capcom misspelling thing come from again?

vsNJBsU.jpg

They're publishing that and many other games. They're probably only developing Spacebase and the Grim Fandago remake

I pulled this from wikipedia: broken age (part 2), hack 'n' slash, costume quest 2, Grim fandango, spacebase df 9, massive chalice

Double Fine aren't developing Gang Beasts, they're just the publisher.

They're not making it. They're publishing it, like Escape Goat.

EDIT: SERIOUSLY, GUYS?

Oops. I didn't notice it was a "Double Fine presents".

EDIT: I feel like I'm being booed at from a really huge crowd.

mik7697

Neo Member
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mik7697, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Halo: Spartan Assault -- MB-A4FE9C83868509EA - Taken by Haunted[/QUOTE]

Arthea

Haha, I should probably clarify that I'm not here in any official capacity. ;)

Only on a per-friend basis, as described above. There's no option similar to "View global stats".

being in official capacity wouldn't be any compliment at how things are now, though

Actually the games with stats let you see only friends stats (in the client, yes), if you know what I mean, or I can make a pic.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Actually the games with stats let you see only friends stats (in the client, yes), if you know what I mean, or I can make a pic.

What I mean is that while you can compare stats with individual friends, there's no page that compares your achievements against all of your friends, which would be similar to how "View global stats" lists all of the achievements and the percentage of players who've unlocked them.

Official-unofficial Steam/Saoirse Ronan knowledge par excellence.

That can be the text which accompanies this thread's insignia. ;)

Arthea

What I mean is that while you can compare stats with individual friends, there's no page that compares your achievements against all of your friends, which would be similar to how "View global stats" lists all of the achievements and the percentage of players who've unlocked them.

Ya, I understood that, but it's still possible to compare all your friends stats (not achievements) for certain games, rather small number, unfortunately.
I should have been more clear.

mik7697

Neo Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for mik7697:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mik7697, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Halo: Spartan Assault -- already taken, sorry

Ryne

For myself I actually just downloaded the newest build, loaded up my game and put the setting to 4X Resolution (you can set this at whatever you need, 2X is where it starts to look pretty good) and then then change the AA if you need. I used to have alot of sound problems and had to run it LLE sound back in the day, and it still had a problem there where it would be crackling. If you own the game though, check out https://dolphin-emu.org/. Also for help with some settings on Xenoblade specifically they have their own wiki as well https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Xenoblade. I think there is actually a topic dedicated to this stuff also haha.

Thanks a bunch, did a lot of googling and got it working myself now. I feel a bit silly for giving up earlier.

I have a ton of Wii games left to play, should start ripping them. First on the list is Arc Rise

Haunted

Nothing beats the exasperated messages you get when you play your Dolphin-emulated games on Steam.

"Super Mario Galaxy came out on PC!?!"

Here's a game
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ScreamingTrees, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-A45EC85665490432 - Taken by deadflower81. 2 entrants total.

t1409407829z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Gipsy Danger, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gipsy Danger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-AE95374119D35D2E
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-BDB8F6DA72720241
Ys Origin -- MB-D40674578796A929 - Taken by Helmholtz
Universe Sandbox -- MB-1E3ADFB3AB8904EE
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Good Friends Character Pack -- MB-8457C5862CCC4A5F
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-F73A3C8C203BB114
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection -- MB-BFB27D3DB09B9626 - Taken by Shalashaska
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-12923C4E0245BF53
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-515E2217D3161E58
Humble Indie Bundle #2 Steam Key -- MB-52BC377D1E9911A3
Cortex Command -- MB-ED260FC0D3B91B62
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-B2B45B30CC9243E6
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-FDF36D7D7689270B
Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition -- MB-A1C22524108A3131 - Taken by Egamer

t1409441007z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations II -- MB-8880F5BF8B606BFD - Taken by Patison. 1 entrants total.
Thomas was Alone -- MB-CADAA4D1F12EE934 - Taken by lukiluk. 1 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-69FE303419B86527 - Taken by freshVeggie. 2 entrants total.

t1409398949z1.png

Ozium

top of the page, I think he's accidentally posted it twice.

ahh... weird that modbot didn't edit it...

wait he posted it (i see the winner) and then posted it again 11 mins and 3 posts later, then edited the winner out of the 2nd post and changed it ..

still..

wat?

now I'm even more confused

redlacs

When do we get Prison Break?!?! I wanna break Old Hoxton outta jail already haha.

there were some slots for new achievements added to the game last week. the description for them usualy follows week after that with the actual DLC release so.. the heist can be closer than you think. on the other side it can be also tied to just another paid dlc.. who knows

For myself I actually just downloaded the newest build, loaded up my game and put the setting to 4X Resolution (you can set this at whatever you need, 2X is where it starts to look pretty good) and then then change the AA if you need. I used to have alot of sound problems and had to run it LLE sound back in the day, and it still had a problem there where it would be crackling. If you own the game though, check out https://dolphin-emu.org/. Also for help with some settings on Xenoblade specifically they have their own wiki as well https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Xenoblade. I think there is actually a topic dedicated to this stuff also haha.

I left my sound settings on stock DSP LLE XAudio 2. Also thank you so much for the transfer guide, gonna test it out in a minute, should be awesome since I was like a good 15 hours in on my current playthrough I started a bit back.

Five Nights At Freddy's looks kinda weird with those robot animals or whatever they are. It takes quite a bit to actually scare me, but at 2.49 it's not that bad of a deal (it's still 2.49 at humble?) Don't have a camera to show myself, but this seems like one of those games you stream at night and have others watch your misery.

Which version of Dolphin are you using? I can't seem to get DPS LLE XAudio 2. I only have DSP LLE Dsound and OpenAL.

Asgaro

Congrats man, that was incredibly kind of you. You're not the member we deserve, but the one we... I don't know, I never understood that phrase to be honest :p

Haha thanks :)
Well... here is some nice Batman gear!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Sanctum: Collection -- MB-F8904038DE137A65 - Taken by kulapik. 1 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-0D8C9EDC7048429F - Taken by iosefe. 5 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-846C34BFEFCB967E - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-0A3FB46CACD5F51E - Taken by The Dear Leader. 2 entrants total.

t1409409989z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom