• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik7697

Neo Member
Unless you really, really want to play as the crusader class, start off with the base game and decide later on if you want more of it. The expansion isn't going anywhere.

I've been playing it on console and it's kind of a big time sink. I'm pretty sure I'm not anywhere close to reaching the main portion of reaper content after about 15 hours playtime.

I think i will follow your advice and buy the base game... after i've finished darksiders 2 =)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I lost 59, but then I booted it up on my laptop and it WORKED

I was screwed. A few people told me to disable cloud saves so the issue didn't happen again, but the setting wasn't enabled to begin with, so I had nothing to go back to.

Ryne

Guys I finally got Xenoblade working for the first time ever without sound issues... Im so happy! I just wish I could import my save files from my Wii U now, having to start the game all over haha. Everything is just beautiful at 4X the resolution though.. WOW>
Is there a good guide out there to get this working with Dolphin? I keep screwing up and gave up about 2 weeks ago.

I own the game, but it looks terrible on my Wii/TV, so a higher rez would probably make me actually finish it.

Hugstable

Banned
Is there a good guide out there to get this working with Dolphin? I keep screwing up and gave up about 2 weeks ago.

I own the game, but it looks terrible on my Wii/TV, so a higher rez would probably make me actually finish it.

For myself I actually just downloaded the newest build, loaded up my game and put the setting to 4X Resolution (you can set this at whatever you need, 2X is where it starts to look pretty good) and then then change the AA if you need. I used to have alot of sound problems and had to run it LLE sound back in the day, and it still had a problem there where it would be crackling. If you own the game though, check out https://dolphin-emu.org/. Also for help with some settings on Xenoblade specifically they have their own wiki as well https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Xenoblade. I think there is actually a topic dedicated to this stuff also haha.

What sound settings are you using? I've been having a couple of issues recently since I formatted my PC.

By the way, you might be able to import your save file. I managed to get my Skyward Sword save from my Wii U to my PC so that I could play Hero mode on Dolphin. This should help: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-transfer-gc-wii-memory-card-saves-to-dolphin

I left my sound settings on stock DSP LLE XAudio 2. Also thank you so much for the transfer guide, gonna test it out in a minute, should be awesome since I was like a good 15 hours in on my current playthrough I started a bit back.

Five Nights At Freddy's looks kinda weird with those robot animals or whatever they are. It takes quite a bit to actually scare me, but at 2.49 it's not that bad of a deal (it's still 2.49 at humble?) Don't have a camera to show myself, but this seems like one of those games you stream at night and have others watch your misery.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
That sounds horrible... but at the same time high quality leader miniatures would actually look really good.

Still, I could get behind the "ollie to go to the next turn" (using TH Ride's peripheral)

nah ... they'd probably go the Skylanders way with it ... as in: you'd have to buy each and every unit as an actual plastic figurine to use it in-game :p I really wouldn't be surprised at all ... it's activision after all :p

me0wish

Speaking of skylanders, I'm I the only one in the world that wishes there is a pc version?

I have swap force on Wii U, but the ps4 version almost makes me want to get a ps4.

Arthea

nah ... they'd probably go the Skylanders way with it ... as in: you'd have to buy each and every unit as an actual plastic figurine to use it in-game :p I really wouldn't be surprised at all ... it's activision after all :p

i454XjIW5sWFl.jpg

and I was getting horrified only thinking about map packs, mainstreaming, peripherals and other boring stuff. Now I am petrified.
It can't happen if there is a gaming god with any power at all.
also don't give them ideas!

Hmm. It might be interesting if you could actually use Skylanders figurines in Civ.

On a more serious note, I've always been surprised that Activision hasn't really tried anything against Valve yet... I can already see the name of the DRM... Bobby Blockit.

JaseC

On a more serious note, I've always been surprised that Activision hasn't really tried anything against Valve yet... I can already see the name of the DRM... Bobby Blockit.

That Acti will eventually pull an EA turn B.net into its own DD service isn't an entirely uncommon opinion, but I feel that it's something Acti would have done by now -- the merger and Call of Duty's meteoric rise in popularity were seven years ago, after all.

Arthea

Hmm. It might be interesting if you could actually use Skylanders figurines in Civ.

which part of "don't give them ideas" you don't understand?!

people, you scare me, I think I'll take my leave now (><)

That Acti will eventually pull and EA turn B.net into its own DD service isn't an entire uncommon opinion, but I feel that it's something Acti would have done by now -- the merger and Call of Duty's meteoric rise in popularity were seven years ago, after all.

Maybe they felt they have not enough going on to pull that, otoh if they manage to acquire Take Two...
it's better not to think about this particular future

edited: on related topic, now when Peggle 2 exclusivity deal is over, what are our chances of getting it released on steam, realistically speaking.

Levyne

Banned
So I went to start up Rogue Legacy just to get my feet wet before going to bed.

It's now 6am and I need to sleep >_>

Fun game, and the way it's set up makes it hard to quit, lol

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Nice garbage btw =)
ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

ulgzbKC.png
The Samaritan Paradox (Desura) -- MB-A94DB4246319C2F4 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-0BFFA67D457EC372 - Taken by Leg-End
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-7542EDE9754B6775 - Taken by anastef
Spacechem -- MB-012DD06DE9CF0B3C
t1cxE6r.gif
AI War Collection -- MB-9D1E93C45A8B48FB - Taken by WinterDemons
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-2C586BCEB6C0BA7F - Taken by Saty

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Strategic War in Europe was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hitman: Codename 47 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for AI War Collection was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hitman 2: Silent Assassin was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

JaseC

edited: on related topic, now when Peggle 2 exclusivity deal is over, what are our chances of getting it released on steam, realistically speaking.

It's a PopCap game. It'll come to Steam once EA stops pouting.

Monooboe

That Acti will eventually pull an EA turn B.net into its own DD service isn't an entire uncommon opinion, but I feel that it's something Acti would have done by now -- the merger and Call of Duty's meteoric rise in popularity were seven years ago, after all.

Didn't Acti embrace Steam quite early? I remember thinking that it was surprising how COD was one of the bigger franchised to fully commit to Steamworks.

Strazyplus

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Strazyplus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Crew BETA -- MB-CBA2F64F05166F1D
t1cxE6r.gif
The Crew BETA -- MB-7B598590C5B57371 - Taken by Hugstable. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Crew BETA -- MB-C06C69A436674411

Drivers start your engines! if... you want one!

JaseC

Didn't Acti embrace Steam quite early? I remember thinking that it was surprising how COD was one of the bigger franchised to fully commit to Steamworks.

Yeah, Steamworks was opened up to third parties in May 2008 and the first Acti-published game to use it was 2009's Modern Warfare 2, however there were a few stragglers that released around the same time or later that weren't Steamworks (Wolf09, James Bond: Blood Stone, Blur, and probably one or two others).

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Trading cards, easy achievements and many hilarious easter eggs

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Jazzpunk -- MB-5D77EC75DFB4A11D

t1409404168z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ryne, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition -- MB-6899EAF148C20510 - Taken by Volimar. 122 entrants total.

t1409397085z1.png

JaseC

EA stops pouting? in like it can? (><)
I like your optimism ;)

Things that will happen in due time:

- R* will announce a PC release of RDR
- Capcpcpcom will announce a PC release of Dragon's Dogma
- EA will come back to Steam
-
Saoirse will win an Oscar

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

-

You forgot about Wheelman :p

Copons

-

As long as she doesn't turn into Di Caprio, the last point is by far the most likely to happen.

Arthea

-

you forgot reappearance of Wheelman on steam, release of Suikoden 6 and inevitable sudden death of Uplay
(._.)

edited: I was temporarily frozen by Subzero, that's how he got that Wheelman out first.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

-

we all can dream ;)

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
you forgot reappearance of Wheelman on steam, release of Suikoden 6 and inevitable sudden death of Uplay
(._.)

edited: I was temporary frozen by Subzero, that's how he got that Wheelman out first.

+ Shenmue 1-3 Remastered comes to steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom