• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I just bought Huniepop Guys.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dunno if i'm going to get both version now though.
Just used the buyer at the top of the page.

I need new friends
rNE6ZN2.png

Nzyme32

hot damn that new alienware area 51 PC

f7kv4bo3l6pahmwot8as.jpg

if i were to get a new PC i would probably buy this

I've not been so uncertain of something this much in a while. Either way, I intend to build my own mini itx build, hopefully out of something like the valve prototype machine... but this...

ounym.gif

Jawmuncher

im telling mom

I just ordered it too, I hope I get the steam
y
version or I will riot.

I just reread and we ain't getting the Steam version.
The names is what makes it confusing.
Were getting just the NSFW version (Steamy) only backers are getting both.
Though maybe they'll change their mind last minute.

im telling mom

I just ordered it too, I hope I get the steam
y
version or I will riot.

When will it be available for playing bitch ass whore?

You don't need other friends than us. No other.

By the end of the year is all I know.

Lomax

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From the sounds of their page only Kickstarter backers will get both versions. I suspect this will change with some backlash when people who are buying through the humble widget aren't given Steam keys. Though maybe their "internal choice" was thinking they'll be able to get people to buy copies of both versions this way.

Pre-ordering HuniePop via Humble!

You can now pre-order HuniePop right here on the dev blog! Just go to the homepage and use the Humble Widget at the top of the page.

Two Versions of HuniePop

A couple updates back I had said that there was only going to be one version of the game and it would be the same as the version that’s on Steam. This has officially changed. There will now be two versions of the game. They will be nearly identical in every way and while the Steam version definitely has some pretty explicit content in it, the non-Steam version… well, let’s just call it the “Steamy” version ;). If the ESRB were to rate each version they would probably get “M” and “AO” respectively. This is not something Valve or anybody else is making us do. This is just an internal choice that we feel is the right thing to do for HuniePop at this stage of development.

If you pre-order HuniePop via Humble you will be getting the steamy version, of course.

Now, this is the cool part. All Kickstarter and Paypal backers will get BOTH the Steam and Steamy versions of the game. That’s right, if you backed the game you get both whether you want them or not. So, ignore whatever you put down on the backer survey because it no longer matters, you get both! Yeah! ^.^

Terra_Ex

Man when are US sites going to sell Murdered for under 10 bucks.
UK be getting lucky at the moment. 4.85£

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KNBBKGE/
Was going to get it with gmg free money somewhere down the line but that's about the right price for me I think.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why not, if it has more scenes like the haircut one in the trailer I'm sure it'll be worth the price of admission.

Um. That HuniePop link was more NSFW than I was expecting.

It was at least category 5 NSFW material, instead of the category 3 that I anticipated.

I need new friends
rNE6ZN2.png

Yes, indeed! However can PC gaming exist without the best console exclusives reaching it? One day we may crack this most insidious mystery.

Master race? More like...
...last...

...place.

/s

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a way to hide specific games from your Steam profile so your friends can't see you playing them?

Nope. Best you can do is set your profile to private (this will also prevent any purchases, screenshot uploads, etc. from showing up in your friends' activity feeds).

Man, I just finished Wolfenstein... personal GOTY for sure.
And best soundtrack I've heard in a long time (Jesper Kyd's Borderlands 2 was the last OST that struck me as surprisingly good and consistent).

but it gets a 1/10 because no Steam cloud support.

Jawmuncher

Actually guys, I has asked them on Twitter about Steamy/Steam keys and they replied with this image.

BuHmtMWIMAAwA0M.jpg

That's good. Since from everything I know.
There should be no reason why he can't add both.

Let's get six more people together and let everyone play another route parallel.

That would be one hell of a thread. We couldn't pollute the SteamGAF thread with it.

That's one hell of a sacrifice you're making there, Jawmuncher.

We all need to know about Girls you fight about haircuts.

Everyone buy that, the game is good. Basically the Remember Me of 2014. Which was the Binary Domain of 2013.

South Park: The Stick of Truth for £13.85 is tempting too.

I heard the Game is ROW. So guessing if you want to go through hoops you can get it if youre in NA people.

But Spelunky was PC Gamer's GOTY 2013.

Yes, indeed! However can PC gaming exist without the best console exclusives reaching it? One day we may crack this most insidious mystery.

Master race? More like...
...last...

...place.

/s
I should mention this same guy has told me before that he thought it was too difficult to get controllers working on PC. Essentially, whenever he doesn't know how to get something working in Windows he blames it on the platform and not on his own lack of knowledge.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like a funky dehumidifier.

I was trying to think of what it looked like and yeah, it sort of does look like a dehumidifier.

I just reread and we ain't getting the Steam version.
The names is what makes it confusing.
Were getting just the NSFW version (Steamy) only backers are getting both.
Though maybe they'll change their mind last minute.

I don't know whether to get the Steamy version or to get the Steam version, because of those potential card prices.

Uuuuh. Great characters you got there

Thank you, you skanky whore.

What about the gamer waifu though?

You graced us with Sakurai Spirit playthrough.
Think i'll do the same for this. Will let SteamGAF decide the route I go.

CBmNufP.gif

Jawmuncher

I was trying to think of what it looked like and yeah, it sort of does look like a dehumidifier.

I don't know whether to get the Steamy version or to get the Steam version, because of those potential card prices.

What about the gamer waifu though?

CBmNufP.gif

Well the image Bernardo posted we SHOULD in theory get both versions.
Since I can't see why Humble would disallow a key and the game.
Steamy version as the DRM free and Steam Version as the Key. Pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom