• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to play cs go with you guys sometimes! Preferably not at like 3am euro time :p

AcridMeat

Banned
Gosh darn it I was so stoked for Gang Beasts but it's local only. I want to play these games (Towerfall, Samurai Gunn, etc) with friends so bad but they don't live here. :(

Monooboe

Wonder why I suck at CS:GO?

Well the answer is actually so obvious.

My cats have a habit of sleeping against between and against my arms in front of the keyboard, so after awhile my arm fall asleep. I prefer the company more than I want to be good at the game.XD

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, I would love that! I'm early in the Series, just halfway thru season 2 and loving it.

Everything up to and including s05 is fantastic, but there's a noticeable drop thereafter as Kripke planned a five-season arc and, understandably, didn't stick around to spearhead s06. Personally, I barely made it into s07, but a few friends have told me that the show has gotten better over the past year or two.

Shadownet

Banned
(also, I guess you could just keep the time that best works for you guys, because 8.30PM EDT is 2.30AM CEST anyway :D )
Of course practice alone won't make you good. But its a good start, learn a few strategies, call outs and how to aim properly. Then when you're ready. You can go into comp :)

I'd love to play cs go with you guys sometimes! Preferably not at like 3am euro time :p

You guys are welcome to make a CSGO GAF Server event for the EU folks. I live in the US so most of the time I can only participate in US time.

Thanks Shadownet!
Welcome :D I have the original Fable. Let me know how the Anniversary edition is!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Let's make a server copons, for epic scrub knife fights

Sai come fare?

Wok

What is this avatar? Saoirse is a drug addict or what? I cannot understand what I see on this picture and it is really disturbing.

I thought it was her tongue with a pill.

Firewatch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d02lhvvVSy8 (credit to Wario64). It looks virtually identical to the concept art, which is great.

The game looks gorgeous.

xBFYrt5.png

udT7H1k.png

NWn3lwg.png

OK I haven't watched or red anything of the game more than the inital news about it, knew I wanted to play it. The trailer blew me away, so much more than I expected. The mood, the setting, the gameplay all so good, even got slight SILENT HILL vibes. Day one for sure.

LULZ! WHAT?!

What's the concensus on VPN activations?

I've been looking around to get The Evil Within at a somewhat reasonable price cause the 60 euro one is too rich for my blood.

I've seen copies on steamtrades go as low as 16 keys from a legit trader but the problem is that they need to be VPN activated.

Anyone tried the VPN method before? Is it safe? I really wanna get TEW day1 but i don't wanna risk losing 1K+ games.

JaseC

I've been looking around to get The Evil Within at a somewhat reasonable price cause the 60 euro one is too rich for my blood.

I've seen copies on steamtrades go as low as 16 keys from a legit trader but the problem is that they need to be VPN activated.

Anyone tried the VPN method before? Is it safe? I really wanna get TEW day1 but i don't wanna risk losing 1K+ games.

I'm of the opinion that activating region-locked gifts falls under the umbrella of using a VPN to skirt region-specific pricing on the Steam Store itself and so if Valve catches on to such activity you're likely going to find yourself in a bit of hot water. That being said, I'm not aware of anybody who's copped an account restriction for it, but since you're deliberately using a VPN to get games on the cheap I can't imagine that Valve would turn a blind eye if you were to be noticed.

BruteUA

I need some economic advice. I just got this for finishing a mission in CSGO, and I'm torn between keeping or selling. On one hand, I don't much use the Galil, and getting like $15 out of it sounds great. But the other argument is that it looks absolutely fuckawesome. Help please.

JaseC

I need some economic advice. I just got this for finishing a mission in CSGO, and I'm torn between keeping or selling. On one hand, I don't much use the Galil, and getting like $15 out of it sounds great. But the other argument is that it looks absolutely fuckawesome. Help please.

I'm still rockin' the original weapon skins, so my personal opinion is "Sell it because who cares what your gun looks like." ;)

Porcupine

I think I activated about 10 games on Steam with VPN (here in Germany we have a need for this because of the whole USK/Censor-thing) and I've never had problems with it.

I'm of the opinion that activating region-locked gifts falls under the umbrella of using a VPN to skirt region-specific pricing on the Steam Store itself and so if Valve catches on to such activity you're likely going to find yourself in a bit of hot water. That being said, I'm not aware of anybody who's copped an account restriction for it, but since you're deliberately using a VPN to get games on the cheap I can't imagine that Valve would turn a blind eye if you were to be noticed.

Thanks Jase.

In the past i made a mistake buying Dead Island from Amazon cause of the region lock so a friend of mine from Canada logged in to my account and redeemed the game with no issues.

Would that be a safer method instead of using a VPN?

I got a couple of friends in RU that could help me redeem the games if the VPN is the giveaway/ red flag.

***EDIT***
Thnx Porcupine as well.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys and 15 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Steam and Metal (Desura) -- MB-0BCDE38CADE9AC78 - Taken by Jason Frost
Pixel Puzzles: Japan -- MB-B0C8A05902F8844A - Taken by Saty. 10 entrants total.
Broken Age (OUYA) -- MB-33C4E769779FC40E
ulgzbKC.png
Fatal Theory (Desura) -- MB-4593443AE7DA14C9 - Taken by Darth Kupi
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-0E998CFE7BBCFED6 - Taken by jfredsilva. 7 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Radical Heroes Crimson City Crisis (DESURA) -- MB-3AE3AF91ED093377
ulgzbKC.png
Make it indie! (Desura) -- MB-311FEEEA75A176E6 - Taken by Jason Frost
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-929EEDF95800A93F - Taken by Aitor. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Retention (Desura) -- MB-83128766B38A0F3C - Taken by Trellisaze
ulgzbKC.png
1Quest (DESURA) -- MB-D3079C82A987BFB7 - Taken by Jason Frost
PGP3OVL.png
Torchlight (GOG) -- MB-1F2F0D93E8C7B268 - Taken by gar3. 1 entrants total.
Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-87ABD457F5CE45A3 - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-954D898854A96F50 - Taken by Teppic. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Sick Brick (DESURA) -- MB-79BF93F84E9872D2
Hostile Waters Antaeus Rising -- MB-A840476B8788BBA8 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Micy Roll (Desura) -- MB-F827CD3B01351F86 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Song of the Myrne (Desura) -- MB-347026A827F1EB3C - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Depth Hunter (DESURA) -- MB-AFB9B99944790AE9 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Tiamat X (DESURA) -- MB-B95341805C0B244C - Taken by Gintoki
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-DE5575365F2631CD - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker Initiation -- MB-2956E5AFF6395765 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-6E69D1CCADA25E46 - Taken by Darkroronoa. 6 entrants total.
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-E3142778764D1C64 - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
AIRSHIP DRAGOON -- MB-CABC11E0858B75C3 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
ulgzbKC.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Deep Black Reloaded (DESURA) -- MB-64ED0BB5EC8DCA9B - Taken by SSPssp
ulgzbKC.png
PRELOGATE (Desura) -- MB-AEB7EE5A77B98610 - Taken by Jason Frost
Orcs Must Die! 2 Complete Pack -- MB-7F1A3444CF589C21 - Taken by Vardhan. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Yury (Desura) -- MB-97EA4FCB0D7FCDC1

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Torchlight (GOG) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Data Hacker Initiation was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Wizardry 6 & 7 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1409431169z1.png

JaseC

I think I activated about 10 games on Steam with VPN (here in Germany we have a need for this because of the whole USK/Censor-thing) and I've never had problems with it.

He's talking about gift copies in particular, just to clarify. VPN usage for the purpose of key activations has, to the best of my knowledge, never been an issue, presumably because Valve doesn't see a cent from retail keys. Ditto for game unlocks, more or less -- Valve doesn't care because faking your location to play a game earlier than intended harms absolutely nobody.

Thanks Jase.

In the past i made a mistake buying Dead Island from Amazon cause of the region lock so a friend of mine from Canada logged in to my account and redeemed the game with no issues.

Would that be a safer method instead of using a VPN?

I got a couple of friends in RU that could help me redeem the games if the VPN is the giveaway/ red flag.

***EDIT***
Thnx Porcupine as well.

Key activations are fine, as per the above. Technically sharing your account login info is also against the SSA, so having a friend activate gifts for you, strictly speaking, doesn't provide any protection against potential action on Valve's part.

Porcupine

He's talking about gift copies in particular, just to clarify. VPN usage for the purpose of key activations has, to the best of my knowledge, never been an issue, presumably because Valve doesn't see a cent from retail keys. Ditto for game unlocks, more or less -- Valve doesn't care because faking your location to play a game earlier than intended harms absolutely nobody.

I think I even got more games through gifting from other countries, it also has never been a problem in the past. I even got gifts from games like Dead Rising 2 or Wolfenstein that are "illegal" in Germany.

EDIT: I don't know what I would do without VPN, I couldn't even play some games through steam without it. :D

Pop

If you don't use the Galil then sell it.

Strider

I'd sell since you don't really use the galil. Find an awesome skin for a gun you actually use and buy that with what you make from selling this.

JaseC

I think I even got more games through gifting from other countries, it also has never been a problem in the past. I even got gifts from games like Dead Rising 2 or Wolfenstein that are "illegal" in Germany.

Oh, I figured that you weren't excluding gift copies from the equation. I just think it's important to note that activating region-locked gifts theoretically screws Valve out of a higher sales cut, which is the very same reason as to why it frowns upon cross-region purchasing.

Porcupine

Oh, I figured that you weren't excluding gift copies from the equation. I just think it's important to note that activating region-locked gifts theoretically screws Valve out of a higher sales cut, which is the very same reason as to why it frowns upon cross-region purchasing.

Yes, I think Valve wants to avoid the cheap games from Russia, but there is not really a way to prevent this. In the past I was able to buy things from the UK store, but they managed to prevent this, even with VPN.

it's just a cosmetic. hope this helps

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Asgaro, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-553F28F5C5051E90 - Taken by KevMan1815. 3 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. -- MB-88C3DA8EDDECD24D - Taken by fspm. 6 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-F754636EFD75B2FB - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-D8027B5AC7FBE78C - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 8 entrants total.

t1409432370z1.png

While using the mik shtick makes me cringe, I will still post to impart some wisdom: your answer is to sell it.
Yeah, it looks nice, but if you're never going to use it, what's the point -- you could buy a $15 game from your wishlist or a CS:GO skin you actually want and will use or even gift a few games to GAF (hey, some posters have medical conditions that cause them to spend money on GAF instead of themselves... I can't explain it.)

Put it on the market.
Undercut someone so you're the lowest, but not by a ton (don't crash the market for the item), and enjoy your profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom