• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hitman GO Android is on sale for -60%, do I buy it or will it be announced for Steam like The Fall and some other mobile games? Hmmmmm.

RqmLArO.gif

derExperte

only they never put on sale what I want or don't have, I hope you'll get better luck with them.

That's why I still have most of my earned credits and don't even check what the rewards are regularly. Dealing with their support? No thanks, that's like mailing Valve every week because one 10c card didn't drop. I tried it once during the start of the beta and the process took so long that I just gave up.

Arthea

Hitman GO Android is on sale for -60%, do I buy it or will it be announced for Steam like The Fall and some other mobile games? Hmmmmm.

At this point, I think we'll get most SE iOS games on steam.
Hopefully I'm not wrong, as I want a few: like TWEWY, FF5-6, FFT, Chrono Trigger, Dimensions and FF0 (some DQ would be nice to have too)! even if I played all of them (not on iOS), except FF0.

I have only two games from their catalogue I will buy if 50% off: FF3 and Last Door.
They have Claire too, but I will buy that only for 75% off.

I want only South Park with dlcs from them already (to spend my credit on, actually), it was on summer sale everywhere, but there
As if they do that on purpose. (><)

derExperte

They improved it. I mean, not too much time ago I waited a month or so, now they reply during the day I sent mail.

Good to know, how often do they sync the profiles these days? Back then getting an achievement an hour before the deadline meant it would get ignored 99% of the time.

Deques

Hopefully I'm not wrong, as I want a few: like TWEWY, FF5-6, FFT, Chrono Trigger, Dimensions and FF0 (some DQ would be nice to have too)! even if I played all of them (not on iOS), except FF0.

Would love to see more of these games on Steam than The Fail

[/SPOILER]

If this were to come to fruition I would be incredibly happy. It would be super cool to have a collection of FF games on Steam. One day.

Turfster

If this were to come to fruition I would be incredibly happy. It would be super cool to have a collection of FF games on Steam. One day.

I wouldn't hold my breath.
That would imply actually doing porting work.
The only reason we've got 7 and 8 is that there were already old PC ports they could tart up a bit.

TWEWY is weird because of how touch controls are used for the battle system. Swipes, taps, scratches, circles. It could work with a mouse but i'm not sure it plays well with just a controller.

Arthea

I wouldn't hold my breath.
That would imply actually doing porting work.
The only reason we've got 7 and 8 is that there were already old PC ports they could tart up a bit.

but they ported 3rd and it sold good, I think (I remember it seeing it on best sellers list for some time after release), 7-8 even more so. And I thought that porting iOS games is cheap and easy. Am I wrong?

TWEWY is weird because of how touch controls are used for the battle system. Swipes, taps, scratches, circles. It could work with a mouse but i'm not sure it plays well with just a controller.

it would work even better with mouse, imo, not with controller, no.

Turfster

And I thought that porting iOS games is cheap and easy. Am I wrong?
Depends on what they were written in.

FFIII was released concurrently with the iOS port (or maybe even earlier if the itunes date is correct), so it could even be a case of 2 teams working on different versions with the same assets.
All the others iOS ones were already ported ages ago, tho.

Thanks for the heads-up. Always wanted to get it but the price tag seemed a bit steep. Seems like something I'd rather play on mobile than on PC tbh.

Enco

Was Bulletstorm ever in a bundle or am I crazy?

Oh and Singularity looks pretty nice considering how old it is. At least downsampled.

Amzin

Was Bulletstorm ever in a bundle or am I crazy?

Oh and Singularity looks pretty nice considering how old it is. At least downsampled.

Singularity is a solid single-player FPS. I played it early last year I think? Enjoyed it, anyway.

MayMay

Banned
While reading up on Greenlight stuff I noticed that you can buy the Submission Fee as a gift and store it in your inventory. That lead me to check tf2outpost - and there are people selling it. Pretty nice discount too - 20&#8364; less than usual.
But jeez, people shouldnt be so cheap when the money goes to charity anyways lol.

Anyways, if I pay the fee my account will have the ability to post to Greenlight forever and it will not run out - right?

Turfster

While reading up on Greenlight stuff I noticed that you can buy the Submission Fee as a gift and store it in your inventory. That lead me to check tf2outpost - and there are people selling it. Pretty nice discount too - 20€ less than usual.
But jeez, people shouldnt be so cheap when the money goes to charity anyways lol.

Anyways, if I pay the fee my account will have the ability to post to Greenlight forever and it will not run out - right?

They're going to be phasing out Greenlight soon(Valvetime), so you're basically throwing your money away at this point.

That sucks. Seems like a good bundle candidate.

People thought it would be a bonus game in the Origin bundle, but... nope.

JaseC

While reading up on Greenlight stuff I noticed that you can buy the Submission Fee as a gift and store it in your inventory. That lead me to check tf2outpost - and there are people selling it. Pretty nice discount too - 20&#8364; less than usual.

It's a one-time fee, yes, but as Turkster said, Greenlight is being abolished -- to expand, it's going the way of the dodo in favour of an autonomous publishing system similar to Google Play. The ETA back in January was late this year/early next, but y'know, Valve Time.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Data Hacker - Initiation (Desura) -- MB-2426BEE5C16AC820

t1408633058z1.png

Kiru

Is the iOS version of Chrono Trigger good?
I mean, it contains all the cutscenes from the PSX version and the additional content of DS one, right?

It was my first experience with the game and I liked it. Controling Crono without a proper Dpad can be annoying at times though.

I can see Squeenix porting over the 360 versions with the PS3's superior cutscenes.

The best hope for the lightning trilogy to appear on PC is if they ever port it to the PS4/Xbone. That way, they can just use most of that effort in getting it on those platforms to get it up and running on the PC, too.

The only problem is that Square Enix sure likes to take their sweet ass time when doing their remasters. So expect a PC version around 2019.

Knurek

All this Lyne talk is making me want to remind people that Everyday Genius: SquareLogic is also available one Steam.
Not as relaxing as Lyne, as the puzzles get hard-ish after first few worlds. It might seem that it's just a standard Sudoku during the first world, but soon enough puzzles are getting loads of different modifiers, many of which change the gameplay considerably.
The game isn't being bundled and hasn't been discounted in, like, never so it might have flew under people's radars so far.

I'm currently 125 puzzles in (which took around 5 hours), I must say I had my money's worth. Especially if you consider there are 20,000 of puzzles in total. Absolutely recommended for people who liked Hexcells or Picross.

I'll leave you with this:

Nzyme32

With all the puzzle talk - does anyone know if/when Tetris will pop up on Steam? I recall word of a new anniversary type thing that would be coming out

Turfster

Indie Royale Debut 17 bundle
Price: 1.61€
  • Outpost: Save Yourselves
  • Puzzle Sages
  • Heavy Metal Death Pirate
  • Blasted Fortress
  • Rugged Kingdom
  • Luminosity
  • Gridlock
  • ?

All greenlight

Dota 2 got an update today with support for all the new currencies coming to Steam. Here's a list and conversion rates for $10.

New Currency Support

Massive number of changes to add support for new currencies in the Dota 2 Store. All the items entries have now been changed to work with that. The entire set of supported currencies are listed below.

Dollar (default)
British Pound
Euro
Russian Ruble
Brazilian Real
Japanese Yen
Norwegian Krone
Indonesian Rupiah
Malaysian Ringgit
Philippine Peso
Singapore Dollar
Thai Baht
Vietnamese Dong
South Korean Won
Turkish Lira
Ukrainian Hryvnia
Mexican Peso
Canadian Dollar
Australian Dollar
New Zealand Dollar

Currency Conversions

Few standard conversions have been listed down in the schema. They all work at the same rates. Given below is one example of how $10 USD sizes up against other currencies.

$10 USD - 6 GBP, 7 EUR, 300 RUB, 20 BRL, 1000 JPY, 50 NOK, 119900 IDR, 30 MYR, 400 PHP, 13 SGD, 300 THB, 200000 VND, 10000 KRW, 20 TRY, 120 UAH, 130 MXN, 10 CAD, 10 AUD and 12 NZD.

Their implementation on the main Steam store should be coming very soon.

JaseC

Indie Royale Debut 17 bundle
Price: 1.61&#8364;
  • Outpost: Save Yourselves
  • Puzzle Sages
  • Heavy Metal Death Pirate
  • Blasted Fortress
  • Rugged Kingdom
  • Luminosity
  • Gridlock
  • ?

All greenlight

Cheers, got in at $2.32.

Dota 2 got an update today with support for all the new currencies coming to Steam. Here's a list and conversion rates for $10.

I like that the default conversion for AUD:USD is 1:1. I was expecting 0.9:1.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Man.... I'm just finishing up Yen support in Enhanced Steam.

I've been told they all work

ModBot said:
Instructions for MMBosstones86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MMBosstones86, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-DD60E2FF92CEF706 - Taken by KingDirk. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings II -- MB-C10A653F8FC2533B - Taken by Panda Rin. 4 entrants total.
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-F742D9A61260C1E1 - Taken by Vazduh. 2 entrants total.
140 -- MB-03ED33BF948342B3 - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations 2 -- MB-E7E94917B9745361 - Taken by Hanzou. 2 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-7781C874233654F1 - Taken by FtHTiny. 1 entrants total.
XCOM : Enforcer -- MB-B6EDCF95C314DC2A - Taken by Ezalc. 2 entrants total.
XCOM : Interceptor -- MB-8DEAFF93A4777223 - Taken by sprinkles. 1 entrants total.
Risen -- MB-63079AD2F2422051 - Taken by Capt.Haddock. 2 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-904B738C6FE5EF23 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Crusader Kings II Russian Unit Pack -- MB-75EAE403A1BE8B4C - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Crusader Kings II African Unit Pack -- MB-B7D5A5112B75AFBB
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-96EB66F247E3A817
Runner2 -- MB-0B058E5D3F5E8684 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 2 entrants total.

t1408635338z1.png

Very LTTP but I played 2 hours of Transistor today. Such a beautiful game! I love that is is very combat/mechanic focused and that the story is kind of there in the background if you want to think about it, but you can ignore it and not miss much. I only have half of the skills so far and I can already customize my playstyle so much and everything seems viable, can't wait to unlock more. Very impressed so far.

I'm playing with a controller since it just seems more natural, what did people generally prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom