• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty cool how Pinball FX2 supports portrait resolutions. Here it is running on my Surface Pro 3.

RGvJSP1.jpg

Click for full size

-----

Speaking of Surface Pro, I'm thinking of compiling a list of Steam games that run well on it with touch controls. Would anyone be interested if I posted it here? Or is there a thread for it already?

Hugstable

Banned
I'm never getting more than 50% of Brigmore Witches, am I?

Didn't GMG have a better sale on the DLC during the Steam Summer Sale? I remember not paying way too high a price to get both DLC then. I might be wrong though. Don't see why they just don't discount everything 75% off yet.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Just redeemed my Shadowgate key.

Need to do rugby training but will come back when it's dark, which will help.

I've only backed a few (5) games on Kickstarter and this is the first that I've received the final game for. I'm really glad it has seen the light of day and it's clear the amount of time and effort made to get the game out there so I hope Zojoi are rewarded by decent sales.

The game will bring back memories for myself and hopefully others for sure. One of the few games where dying repeatedly didn't make a much younger me rage quit.

Pretty cool how Pinball FX2 supports portrait resolutions. Here it is running on my Surface Pro 3.

-----

Speaking of Surface Pro, I'm thinking of compiling a list of Steam games that run well on it with touch controls. Would anyone be interested if I posted it here? Or is there a thread for it already?

can you play it just with the touchscreen or do you need a keyboard?

can you play it just with the touchscreen or do you need a keyboard?

You can play with a touchscreen just fine casually. You tap the left and right sides of the screen to control the flippers and swipe the right side to launch the ball. The only problem is they forgot to include a way to bump the table in the touch control scheme. Also, occasionally there are moments where you have to press the launch button to initiate an action and so far I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. Other than that, it works pretty well. If you're serious about it and trying to beat scores, then you are better off using a keyboard or a controller.

Dr Dogg

Nice you got one in the end I see. Not really but could be a good idea. I've seen Jim-Jam post in here a few times about his mini tablet PC streaming and native experiments.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've only backed a few (5) games on Kickstarter and this is the first that I've received the final game for. I'm really glad it has seen the light of day and it's clear the amount of time and effort made to get the game out there so I hope Zojoi are rewarded by decent sales.

The game will bring back memories for myself and hopefully others for sure. One of the few games where dying repeatedly didn't make a much younger me rage quit.

Same here - also because I really hope that they can revive Deja Vu and Uninvited in a similar way which they said they would be interested in doing if the game sells well.

Backlogger

The amount you pay for the complete edition, that doesn't include an additional copy of the main game or already owned DLC, is more than what you would pay for the appropriately scaled price of DLC alone.

For Dishonored yes, but the Skyrim example with the deals they have had for the past year the complete edition cost was cheaper than buying the two major DLCs separately. I passed on the deal several times until I finally caved.

But even with what you say, my argument is still valid. People buying the game for the first time are getting a better deal on the DLC than people that bought the base game previously.

You can play with a touchscreen just fine casually. You tap the left and right sides of the screen to control the flippers and swipe the right side to launch the ball. The only problem is they forgot to include a way to bump the table in the touch control scheme. Also, occasionally there are moments where you have to press the launch button to initiate an action and so far I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. Other than that, it works pretty well. If you're serious about it and trying to beat scores, then you are better off using a keyboard or a controller.

Thanks a lot, I might give it a try on my tablet.

How usable is Steam on a touchscreen? any other tablet friendly games?

Mokoi

Banned
^
Though, no I haven't. And I really doubt I'll ever do it, as I'm not that kind of guy even tho I see the coolest P90 skin ever but I don't even use P90, omfg here it starts the slippery slope

Yeah but it feels SUPER bad.
I'm neglecting everything else, and NOT only my backlog (or currently playing games, like D:OS ffs), but my real life too, like work? what about it? I don't even remember what I do for a living. Could I... could I be a world champion CS:GO player?

1) On topic about skins. This review is pretty funny.

2) I'll root for you during the tournaments. Keep playing, and you will surely get there. :p

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-63496A73E837FF2D - Taken by swx. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Crusader Kings II -- MB-7DBB48F22680F673 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.

t1408643559z1.png

All three packs are included with CKII.

Peace:)

Cheddahz

Banned
XD how'd you get banned?

Invisible and I decided to play with randoms and the one of the dudes on the team was being a jerk to me the whole time, complaining about how "my score on the scoreboard" reflects the kind of person I am and was just being an ass to the whole team, so on the last round of the game, I killed him and got banned for a day

Sendou

Invisible and I decided to play with randoms and the one of the dudes on the team was being a jerk to me the whole time, complaining about how "my score on the scoreboard" reflects the kind of person I am and was just being an ass to the whole team, so on the last round of the game, I killed him and got banned for a day

Sounds like he deserved it.

Nice you got one in the end I see. Not really but could be a good idea. I've seen Jim-Jam post in here a few times about his mini tablet PC streaming and native experiments.

Yeah I went ahead and bit the bullet since I needed a new laptop anyway. I thought about making a new thread, but I was wondering if it'd be better served here or in another existing thread. I'm just not aware of any. Maybe I'll make a thread once I have a few more games to report on.

Thanks a lot, I might give it a try on my tablet.

How usable is Steam on a touchscreen? any other tablet friendly games?

I don't know which tablet you have, but if you have a Surface, there is a Pinball FX2 (might be called Zen Pinball 2) game on the Windows Store. From what I read, that one fully supports touch controls (including bumping the table). Since I already own the game and all the tables on Steam, I am using the regular Steam version. I believe there is also a version on the Android store and iOS store.

Steam is very usable since your touches are just like mouse clicks. The only annoyance I've had is that since my Surface Pro 3 is pretty high resolution, I can either use Steam with scaling, which makes it look kinda blurry, or turn it off and Steam will be tiny. Other than that, it works fine. Haven't tried BPM on it yet.

I haven't tried any other games yet, but my goal is to compile a list of Steam games that are tablet-friendly. I have about 10 games installed so far that are supposedly tablet-friendy, but I haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

Is there anyway to add single gifted games to your library in Humble Bundle?

I have quite a few games gifted through Humble Bundle, but they don't appear in my library so I have to look for them through my email instead.

Dr Dogg

Wait so Borderlands 2 and Dishonored have free weekends? Surprised CIv hasn't got one as that game has way more longevity than the other 2, a boatload of DLC and a new game out in the next few months too. Might go and reinstall BL2 then seeing as the player numbers will be up.

Yeah I went ahead and bit the bullet since I needed a new laptop anyway. I thought about making a new thread, but I was wondering if it'd be better served here or in another existing thread. I'm just not aware of any. Maybe I'll make a thread once I have a few more games to report on.

Yeah maybe gaining some interest in here first might be a good idea. I've been toying with the idea for a while but I'm just waiting for prices to fall into my comfort zone. Thought I'd be looking to use it more as a streaming device than playing games natively. That and I want the equivalent of a Wacom Cintiq for a quarter of the cost :p

I don't know which tablet you have...

I haven't tried any other games yet, but my goal is to compile a list of Steam games that are tablet-friendly. I have about 10 games installed so far that are supposedly tablet-friendy, but I haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

I have a chinese tablet with windows 8.1, 2GB RAM and an intel Z3735D atom CPU, should be able to run small games.

Let me now if you find more tablet friendly steam games :)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Why didn't you just mute him?

Yeah maybe gaining some interest in here first might be a good idea. I've been toying with the idea for a while but I'm just waiting for prices to fall into my comfort zone. Thought I'd be looking to use it more as a streaming device than playing games natively. That and I want the equivalent of a Wacom Cintiq for a quarter of the cost :p

Heh, you may be better off getting a Cintiq, since it's cheaper than the i7 Surface Pro 3s. However, the Surface Pen that the 3 comes with is pretty nice and works quite well as a Cintiq-like experience, though it doesn't have quite as high pressure sensitivity resolution as a Cintiq.

I have a chinese tablet with windows 8.1, 2GB RAM and an intel Z3735D atom CPU, should be able to run small games.

Let me now if you find more tablet friendly steam games :)

Stay posted, I plan on making a list of my findings (based on the Steam games I own, of course).

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Humble Extra Credits bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Enemy Mind
  • One Finger Death Punch
  • Two Brothers
TIER 2: BTA
  • Master Reboot
  • Stick it to the Man
TIER 3: B15$
  • Ether One Deluxe
  • Hand of Fate

It's a shame that Ether One is tucked away behind the $15 tier - it's an incredible title that mixes the story-driven exploration style with some well designed puzzles that soak themselves into the atmospheric levels as if they were painted in place. Much better than how Master Reboot turned out.

My full thoughts on Ether One, in case it helps anyone pull the trigger on the full $15 tier.

Tizoc

One Finger Death Punch at least is worth getting.
Stick it to the man is a decent 2d platformer adventure game tho.

Dr Dogg

Hold the phone! Watch Dogs has another update, 59.8mb in total. No idea what this is about as there's no patch notes anywhere. I've got it running alright at the mo so don't know if I want to chance it.

Heh, you may be better off getting a Cintiq, since it's cheaper than the i7 Surface Pro 3s. However, the Surface Pen that the 3 comes with is pretty nice and works quite well as a Cintiq-like experience, though it doesn't have quite as high pressure sensitivity resolution as a Cintiq.

Well I've been eyeing up the 24" monsters for a few years now, in fact there's been a spare older 21" 4:3 aspect ratio one just collecting dust at my place of work I've been tempted to 'liberate'. I've seen a couple of Surface Pro 2's going for around £600 with the spec I'm after but I'm happy to hold out for a winter sale bonanza now the 3's are dropping.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Hold the phone! Watch Dogs has another update. I've got it running alright at the mo so don't know if I want to chance it.

It still lags on my GTX 760 2GB when I drive sometimes but the last patch really improved the game performance wise. I wonder if theWorst mod improves performance too

Shadownet

Banned
Ehh.. It's not much at all. But I'm sure someone might enjoy theses. I'll try and do something better once I can.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_586x192.jpg

Gun Monkeys -- MB-F7ED2FA114620605
Gun Monkeys #2 -- MB-3F5284E6772F61E9
Tropico 4 Collectors Bundle -- MB-7481AD240DFF35CB - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 7 entrants total.

t1408645539z1.png

So, i pose a question to you guys in here, before i venture over to BST or something:

Would anyone happen to have any of the Sega Genesis Collection packs (i think one of them was part of a humble bundle), or even better, possibly the entire Golden Collection?

Dr Dogg

It still lags on my GTX 760 2GB when I drive sometimes but the last patch really improved the game performance wise. I wonder if theWorst mod improves performance too

Well I get next to no GPU usage while driving and apart from in tunnels can never get over 50fps unless I drop the resolution into the sub HD ghetto. I've backed up my prepatched game and just trying this out and will report back.

Tizoc

At work so I can't access Steam directly, but is Shadowgate First Person view?
...and can't believe I ignored this PnC-like game o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom