• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leftovers

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-13B5DAB7A13737BA - Taken by ussjtrunks. 7 entrants total.
Master Reboot -- MB-2AFAFC684399778D - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 6 entrants total.

t1408645964z1.png

Chariot

Alienware has a 50% o... oh, stop you from buying it.
Uh. It goes on sale a lot?
Alienware is selling games?
And yeah, I know, but until now I was like "yeah, it looks not much different then 3, I don't need this", but now suddenly - BAM - urge to play it.

Tizoc

Steam GAF I wanna buy Saints Row, but it isn't in sale.
Please keep me from buying D:

Are you new here?
Wait for the Winter Seal, or Autumn Sale, it's just around the corner.

EDIT: Maybe a Russian Trader can offer you the game for like 5 TF2 Keys?

Turfster

Alienware is selling games?
And yeah, I know, but until now I was like "yeah, it looks not much different then 3, I don't need this", but now suddenly - BAM - urge to play it.

No, they've been giving away coupons.
You're safe though, the SR4 one is gone.
Also, I remembered wrong, it was just 33%

Wait for the next Deep Silver sale, it probably won't be all that long.

EDIT: Maybe a Russian Trader can offer you the game for like 5 TF2 Keys?

It's deep silvered (aka region locked to 50 different versions)

SSPssp

Extras:

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-3C09D36E03B61B56 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado
Two Brothers -- MB-A8FE48F1E4E9E83D - Taken by Gipsy Danger

saunderez

Just a small raffle for my friends here! To the winners, enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (saunderez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Master Reboot -- MB-36C2EED015B45FF3 - Taken by ViviOggi. 5 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-ECDAF1A98010AA6F - Taken by Easton Dark. 1 entrants total.
Kill Fun Yeah -- MB-61E5746F019FCBD3 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.

t1408646439z1.png

I got you bro.
The sheer amount of zombies is a DR staple and one of the reasons I love the series so much. You're never going to kill them all and you're going to get hit or grabbed. You have to plan accordingly to make it through as you go from objective to objective.
I understand what you mean. [L...]
But Dead Rising is far too goofy to be taken seriously like that. [...]
You eventually get comfortable just being around them, but just slightly out of reach, especially since they don't even hurt all that much if they grab you.
Oh, so sorry guys for the late reply. Actually played yesterday spontaneously since a long time again and it got pretty late. Thanks for your detailed posts, really appreciate both of you and your posts. Usually pretty quality ones :)
Ok, that makes sense. The game is really not serious at all - which I like actually. Guess from all the time playing Left4Dead2 I got used to quench even the last zombie "alive", ha.
I'll try Dead Rising 2: Off The Record when it's on sale (~5€) and DR3 sometime in the future.

Jawmuncher

Oh, so sorry guys for the late reply. Actually played yesterday spontaneously since a long time again and it got pretty late. Thanks for your detailed posts, really appreciate both of you and your posts. Usually pretty quality ones :)
Ok, that makes sense. The game is really not serious at all - which I like actually. Guess from all the time playing Left4Dead2 I got used to quench even the last zombie "alive", ha.
I'll try Dead Rising 2: Off The Record when it's on sale (~5€) and DR3 sometime in the future.

Good luck its a GFWL title so thus far capcom has stopped sales on it.

Porcupine

Dead Rising 2 Off The Record didn't work for me anymore when I wanted to play it. Had to use a crack to get my legal copie of it to run...

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I saw some people talk positive here about "Depression Quest".

Can someone explain the hate going on at metacritic with an average user score of 0.9?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/depression-quest

Immaturity in the gaming community. One should never look to Metacritic user scores for any reason at all, honestly. But something like Depression Quest is exceedingly subject to hateful responses. It covers a touchy subject, it is done in the form of a choose-your-own-adventure story with active elements which a book couldn't provide (bringing upon the comments of "it's not a game!"), and it was written by a woman. The backlash for any one of the three of those things is enough to ignite the ignorant, knuckle-dragging part of gaming culture to show themselves as swine, so imagine the impact of having all three of those things working together against it at once. The latest "drama" surrounding the private life of the writer doesn't help either.

It's an excellent story. Play it if you want a good analog for understanding how depression affects the individual.

Grief.exe

I saw some people talk positive here about "Depression Quest".

Can someone explain the hate going on at metacritic with an average user score of 0.9?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/depression-quest

Even on Steam Store page there are a lots of negative reviews.

There is a huge controversy surrounding the creator of Depression Quest currently. Mainly emanates from 4Chan, but it seems that she slept with several journalists in order to get coverage for her game and various forms of funding.
Obviously, take this with a massive grain of salt, but this is the information I have been able to gather.

reminder :

Csmhr.png

->European game's night<- so obviously euro folks preferred for latency reasons.

t1408899600z0.png

Slots :
1 - Robert J. Sullivan
2 - dark_inferno
3 - Copons
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

I'll make a server shortly before the game's start, IP will be given then. Leave your Steam profile.
Mine : http://steamcommunity.com/id/RobertJSullivan/.

EDIT : pm me or I might miss your post.

you'll be able to invite friends to the game on the last day if there's some free slots

Porcupine

Thanks for all your answers guys :)
I don't take metacritic serious, but there has to be something behind it, if a game gets so much negative reviews. Interesting to know.

Dr Dogg

Just to follow up on Watch Dogs' latest patch. There appears to be marginal difference using a single GPU and Ultra Texture are still out of the question for me but SLI performance is getting a lot better from patch to patch. Framerate still drops without using GPU resources but it's at a point now where it's a better experience with SLI enabled.

ViviOggi

Cheers
ModBot said:
Instructions for ViviOggi:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ViviOggi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Two Brothers -- MB-C7674E02574DD815 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 3 entrants total.

t1408647339z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Steam GAF I wanna buy Saints Row, but it isn't in sale.
Please keep me from buying D:

Its not really an interesting continuation of the Saints Row story line, its more a final farewell for fans of the previous games, especially Saints Row 1 & 2. So much so that the missions are pretty lackluster if you are not familiar with the characters and areas and additionally have nostalgia for both. Mechanically, speaking, the car mechanics have been fixed compared to the paucity in options and polish featured in Saints Row 3. But, because you get superpowers early on, the entire endeavor is relegated to acknowledgement of missing mechanics in SR3 rather than a meaningful addition to SR4. Secondly, the gag weapons are lacking compared to the ones in SR3. They added a music gun that changes it's firing pattern dependent on what type of music it is firing; and an inflato ray but it doesn't compare. As with the car mechanics, all of the guns are made obsolete by the Black hole launcher, for which you can unlock infinite ammo and the nuke superpower; a combo that can eliminate most enemies.

*Note: The Penetrator is still in the game, and is now modifiable, but it's now an Easter egg weapon instead being in the main arsenal.

hey guys ... I'll be streaming some Shadowgate shortly ... if anyone's interested - feel free to drop by
Lol, I am currently watching your archive stream of this..
hey guys ... I'll be streaming The Room for a little bit ... so, you know - you can drop by if you want ... or something, dunno
Man, Hitbox has sublime video quality. Amazing actually!

I am gonna get on your Shadowgate stream now though. Your streams are pretty good quality I have to say, please continue doing them, yo ;)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Lol, I am currently watching your archive stream of this..

Man, Hitbox has sublime video quality. Amazing actually!

I am gonna get on your Shadowgate stream now though. Your streams are pretty good quality I have to say, please continue doing them, yo ;)

oh ... so someone actually DOES watch my streams ;) and I was starting to lose all hope ;) I'll begin shortly in like 15 minutes... just setting everything up right now

Ugh. Stearncornmunity scammer keeps adding me from different accounts with maybe a week's interval. Pretty damn obvious but still kinda annoying. I goatse'd the last one but it's obviously a bot so they probably don't read any chat messages they get.

zPMpPUg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom