• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Ugh. Stearncornmunity scammer keeps adding me from different accounts with maybe a week's interval. Pretty damn obvious but still kinda annoying. I goatse'd the last one but it's obviously a bot so they probably don't read any chat messages they get.

zPMpPUg.png

Uj1Sl.gif

DONT google that by the way extremely NSFW.

MattyG

Banned
Hmmm, can't decide if I want to pull the trigger on Dishonored GOTY or not. I've already played it numerous times on console, but after the disappointment of Thief I'd really like to play it again with all the DLC. Do you guys think $10 is a good price, or should I wait for better?

Athleon

Ugh. Stearncornmunity scammer keeps adding me from different accounts with maybe a week's interval. Pretty damn obvious but still kinda annoying. I goatse'd the last one but it's obviously a bot so they probably don't read any chat messages they get.

zPMpPUg.png

Yeah, today I got 2 random friend invites from people with 0 common friends. I just instablocked them. It's weird because I don't have any expensive items in my inventory. Seems they just go for everyone these days.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Hmmm, can't decide if I want to pull the trigger on Dishonored GOTY or not. I've already played it numerous times on console, but after the disappointment of Thief I'd really like to play it again with all the DLC. Do you guys think $10 is a good price, or should I wait for better?

I personally enjoyed the DLC more than the base game, so I'd say it's worth it

Jawmuncher

Mokoi

Banned

We must get this to the top.

hey guys ... I'll be streaming some Shadowgate shortly ... if anyone's interested - feel free to drop by

Shame I'm going out again or I would watch. Last one I saw was KiD for awhile, but had to go to. I'll just check the archive though.

---
@Gianni Merryman - Don't want to look like X05 with all them quotes, but I'll try not to miss the dailes for LYNE. Its really been a long time since I've enjoyed a puzzle game. It's just so good! Having a lot of fun playing it, and it really is relaxing. Puzzles don't leave me reaching for a bottle out of frustration. Not to say that they don't require any thinking though.

Uzzy

Anybody playing invisible inc? It looks really cool. It's kind of tempting me...

Yeah, it's real good. Pretty hard to get started with though, as the difficulty is very unforgiving. I've not managed to survive my first day yet.

Anteater

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle -- MB-B744BDADC22C82F8 - Taken by Casimir. 8 entrants total.

t1408648719z1.png

moo

Hugstable

Banned
I used to have a text file somewhere with an ASCII art goatse, I wonder what happened to that.

OH god why would you save that!?!? I remember an old forum I used to visit, enter topic, get ASCII Goatse. Please... don't find it.

In other words, I'm about to start the Dark Souls DLC. Am I about to die horribly? I just heard a boss has lightning resistance, and I have an Lightning Uchi+5, so I'm probably gonna have to replace that before I go in >_>

Wok

Walking Dead: S2E5 Trailer, Major Spoilers Inbound

Majority of it recaps events in the past two seasons.

Release Dates
8/26: PC | Mac | PSN(NA)
8/27: 360 | PSN(EU)
8/28: iOS

Best news of the week.

Dota 2 got an update today with support for all the new currencies coming to Steam. Here's a list and conversion rates for $10.

Their implementation on the main Steam store should be coming very soon.

I already could buy in euros. So what changed?

Up for preorder.

Beautiful!

Edit: Apparently, worth 6 keys and 2 ref from Russian sellers.

you can buy Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition for $5.1 if you own gold edition
but it wont last for ever, this promotion only for 28 August

http://store.steampowered.com/app/275390

What to do... what to do...

Deitus

In other words, I'm about to start the Dark Souls DLC. Am I about to die horribly? I just heard a boss has lightning resistance, and I have an Lightning Uchi+5, so I'm probably gonna have to replace that before I go in >_>

How have you built your character? Lightning weapons are generally only good if you have no points in physical stats, because they get 0 stat scaling, while Katanas normally get some of the better stat scaling in the game. Depending on your build it might make sense to rethink your weapon choice, regardless of the DLC.

I personally used an Enchanted Uchigatana on my Mage build though, and while the bosses in the DLC all resist Magic I think, I still seemed to manage fine. You can probably keep going with your Lightning weapon if it's worked for you so far, but it might take longer to kill some of the bosses, leaving you more chances to make mistakes and get killed.

Oh congratulations MMBosstones86 for being my 100th Steam friend. You would be 101 but for the unpleasantness with MRORANGE.

OH god why would you save that!?!? I remember an old forum I used to visit, enter topic, get ASCII Goatse. Please... don't find it.

I have no idea why I kept it, it might be because I have the sense of humour of a 12 year old.

Evrain

Finally managed to lay my hands on the last card for the Black Ops 2 set... I'm unsure, do I craft the badge? Sell the cards? Sell the cards for foil cards of the same set?
After 770+ hours, the latter is tempting...

Ozium

Ziggurat is legit... so legit.

The game's been out a week in early access and already has had 3 updates and the dev posts a progress report every other day on the forums... Why can't all EA devs be like this?

the circle strafing is real

will have more detailed impression after I play it more this weekend.

Castle of Illusion is good in the sidescrolly bits, but anything with 3D depth is super tedious. A lot of the times, I would jump and have no idea where I would land.

Probably worth checking out if you're interested, but those problems stick with me more than the rest of the game. It brought down an otherwise fun experience.

Also hey SteamGAF. I've been away making my movie thing for the majority of the summer, but now I'm back to talk mess about licensed sidescrollers. Hope all is well.

jholmes

I picked up Rock of Ages last night. For $2 that game is a huge deal. I'm not big on tower defence games but I am big on Monkey Ball, and how can you not like a game where you have to shoot Michelangelo's David in the dick with a giant rock?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Master Reboot -- MB-A8FCB98342AD5DCB - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-07A31BF8D156AFC1 - Taken by Athleon. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Prelogate -- MB-53D8ACE673ABA773 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Two Brothers -- MB-94E014D9A33CB7C8 - Taken by jfredsilva. 4 entrants total.

t1408650519z1.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The extra credit bundle is so get

Another awesome thing about Italy: bars in small towns still has arcade machines running. Today, I played Street Fighter II Turbo on a machine in Trevignano - I suspect it was a bootleg, it had like 50 classics installed. :)

Lol, I am currently watching your archive stream of this..

Man, Hitbox has sublime video quality. Amazing actually!

I am gonna get on your Shadowgate stream now though. Your streams are pretty good quality I have to say, please continue doing them, yo ;)

Someone has to pick up my slack, right?

--

I could swear I had a conversation recently with a SteamGAFer about wanting to play Stick It to the Man... if you are that SteamGAFer (sorry, my senility is acting up today) and you never acquired Stick it to the Man, please IM me via Steam chat.

Hugstable

Banned
How have you built your character? Lightning weapons are generally only good if you have no points in physical stats, because they get 0 stat scaling, while Katanas normally get some of the better stat scaling in the game. Depending on your build it might make sense to rethink your weapon choice, regardless of the DLC.

I personally used an Enchanted Uchigatana on my Mage build though, and while the bosses in the DLC all resist Magic I think, I still seemed to manage fine. You can probably keep going with your Lightning weapon if it's worked for you so far, but it might take longer to kill some of the bosses, leaving you more chances to make mistakes and get killed.

I'm a Dex/Vit/End build. Got Str 14 and Dex 37 at this point. Had some people give me tips to revert the Uchi back and get it up to Uchi +15, and some tips to probably go for the Great Scythe from the Catacombs, which I don't think I picked up yet.

Oh god Guacamelee super championship edition has a separate card set...

those look so much better than vanilla. It's like they tried this time.

I loved guacamelee and finished it before the redux was announced. It was really, really fun but i'm done with it. I don't have the time to replay a metroidvania, even if it is a gem of a game. If it's your first time, though, then what a treat for you folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom