• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
With todays patch, Watch_Dogs finally runs flawlessly on my PC. About time Ubisoft...

Please don't make AC Unity an unoptimized mess

BHK3

Banned
The card set being seperate is awesome cause I get to have TWO guacamelee badges :D

But actually finding them is gonna be impossible...

AHA-Lambda

Yeah I recommend Castle of Illusion. Very, very short but it's a damn solid platformer. Never understood the mixed reception for it.

Kiru

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Imagine Me got cards.

B..B..But I already 100% this game in 25 minutes...

The card set being seperate is awesome cause I get to have TWO guacamelee badges :D

But actually finding them is gonna be impossible...

You're in luck. Whatever card drops I get will be put on the market for some obscene prices.

It'll be your privilege to purchase them!

No need to thank me.

Deitus

I'm a Dex/Vit/End build. Got Str 14 and Dex 37 at this point. Had some people give me tips to revert the Uchi back and get it up to Uchi +15, and some tips to probably go for the Great Scythe from the Catacombs, which I don't think I picked up yet.

Oh yeah, definitely revert your Uchi back to normal. Your 37 Dex is literally doing nothing when you use a Lightning weapon. You might as well have the minimum Dex to wield the weapon (14 I believe) as you would do the exact same amount of damage. With a +15 Uchi, you will be doing so much more damage than you are doing now, plus it will be all physical (having an elemental weapon means your attacks are split between physical and elemental damage, so they are effected by both forms of defense on the enemy, meaning you normally do less damage).

Great Scythe is a popular weapon, and it has a bit of range to it, but it has a unique moveset that I don't care for. But then I'm not a fan of larger weapons like that, I tend to prefer mid-range speedy weapons like katanas. Try it out yourself, but if you are used to Uchigatana it might be quite an adjustment.

You also might want to look into the Iaito. It's a Katana with a similar moveset to Uchigatana, basically the same range and speed, with slightly worse base damage, but better Dex scaling (so at 37 Dex it would be a little more powerful). But, the R2 moveset is different from the Uchi's and looks really cool.

derExperte

Heh, Dishonored even got a free weekend.

With todays patch, Watch_Dogs finally runs flawlessly on my PC. About time Ubisoft...

Please don't make AC Unity an unoptimized mess

Just when I was done with the game. Didn't want to do all the fixer contracts but I guess now I have a reason. Though as I wrote it already ran pretty good for me before this patch and I hope more people give it another chance.

Patch notes: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/911148-Patch-Notes-08-21-2014

(Bonus: New AMD driver)

MULTIPLAYER BAD BEHAVIOR – Players who are frequently disconnecting from multiplayer matches will be pooled together and paired only against players with similar online behaviors.

tylerf

Couldn't resist buying Mountain just to mess around with it. This is what happens when I'm drowning in card money.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Jazzpunk is an amazing game. Had some good laughs during the first two hours
KuGsj.gif

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Just when I was done with the game. Didn't want to do all the fixer contracts but I guess now I have a reason. Though as I wrote it already ran pretty good for me before this patch and I hope more people give it another chance.

Patch notes: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/911148-Patch-Notes-08-21-2014

(Bonus: New AMD driver)

Weird. The patch notes don't list any performance fixes/tweaks and I own an Nvidia card, yet I got a significantly better performance after installing it.

horrible mouse controls still there ?

Ubi games and kb/m don't go well together

derExperte

Weird. The patch notes don't list any performance fixes/tweaks and I own an Nvidia card, yet I got a significantly better performance after installing it.

The notes for the last patch didn't either afair. Strike that, they did but it wouldn't be the first time these notes aren't complete. The latest NV driver improved performance but they only talked about OpenGL.

Kiru

Oh god the Imagine Me developer made the game worse with his recent updates. I'm glad I 100% the game before, some achievements are unobtainable now, also the whole game is randomly generated now and therefore sucks ass. I got one level where there was no way to advance further...

jblank83

I've just read that Sunless Sea is going to implement real time combat on the map.

Imo, that was the largest major fault in the game's design and possible quality. Very good news.

jblank83

Completed Felgana, what a nice game.
If they want to do a 50€ game sixty hours long, with many cutscenes, a lot of cities and exploration, they have my money (of course 75% off).

Felghana is fantastic. I was always disappointed that they decided to ignore that game design and instead focus on the grindy, sort of boring Seven and Celceta model.

GaussTek

So Gabe didn't say anything about Phil Spencer ice bucket challenge, right? I like how Yoshida donated, Reggie accepted (and will probably do it in the next days), and Gaben just ignored him lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else fuckin with Golf Club lately? Performance of that game is in the shitter :( wondered if anyone had any ideas beyond the standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom