• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Just got a booster pack for a no-name game whose cards are worthless, but the least valuable booster pack on the market was $1.75. I undercut to $1.50 because that price was nonsense and I'd rather close the sale than maximize my profit.

Better than the one and only booster pack I got a few weeks back. It's for Gary's Mod and is worth 18 cents last time I checked.

I'm playing "To the Moon" right now. People told me there would be emotions. Is the emotion I'm supposed to be feeling anger?

I haven't finished it yet, but what's making you angry? If it's spoilerish, don't tell me.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 7 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

ulgzbKC.png
Chompy Chomp Chomp (Desura) -- MB-6B2EF858B1A52B27 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
Splatter (Desura) -- MB-B22E7E7B54B65014 - Taken by SSPssp
ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice (Desura) #2 -- MB-A7FD5E228D3ABD8A - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
Super Panda Adventures (Desura) -- MB-37FF4F0E6017079D - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
99 Spirits (Desura) -- MB-AE357C2FF8C81DB0 - Taken by KenOD
ulgzbKC.png
Particulars (Desura) -- MB-407D0542DEB1CBF5 - Taken by SSPssp
ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice (Desura) -- MB-7E293394075F0B33 - Taken by S1n1st3r

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Chompy Chomp Chomp (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Splatter (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for 100% Orange Juice (Desura) #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Super Panda Adventures (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for 99 Spirits (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Particulars (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for 100% Orange Juice (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Just got a booster pack for a no-name game whose cards are worthless, but the least valuable booster pack on the market was $1.75. I undercut to $1.50 because that price was nonsense and I'd rather close the sale than maximize my profit.

I've found the best way to close sales is to undercut enough that the person buying it could relist it at a slightly higher price (still less than the next available one) and make a profit. Nevermind the fact that they most likely won't ever sell it at the higher price (or if they do they'll make a couple pennies), but it entices people into paying for something they normally wouldn't have any interest in buying.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Today's ongoing Steam client dumbness:
- Steam lets you have a password longer than 32 characters long.
- Steam lets you login with a password longer than 32 characters long in the client or on the website
- The login field on the website is not limited to 32 characters

- The "Enter your current password" field in the "Change my Password" screen is limited to 32 characters, meaning you cannot type your old password in if it's longer than 32 characters

The Pidgeon is still there. I kinda want to feed it but I think it would fly away out of fear when I open the window :(

Oh btw, nice avatar! :)

Why is it still there!? Lol. There has to be a reason. Heh. If you want to keep it there, I suggest not opening it. Unless, it comes back as the food gets placed. :V

Thank you! :D

Copons

I was observing my cat's strategy to rush against my foot hidden inside her scratching post.

She outflanks it running extremely far from it and she sneaks inside another room to hide behind the door.
Then, half-covered by the doorjamb, she points the scratching post, starts charging (butt high, head low), and step by step she prowls nearer, until she's almost outside cover. And BAM! In a fraction of seconds she springs against the scratching post hitting with unsheathed claws my naked foot.

It's just now that I realize that my entire way of playing CS:GO is nothing else than a carbon copy of my cat's strategy to scratch my foot.
With mostly the same outcome, too: the foot terrorist quickly avoids the attack and put his foot upon the cat's my head as a display of sheer overpower.

t0rment

FTL is pretty awesome, even though the UI is kinda of a mess and i don't really like the pixelated graphics.

but i can't stop playing dota 2, help me gaf.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

Did you ever got a foil drop? Since you have just a little bit more more than twice 3 times more games than myself (when did you bought all those games? you had like 500 a year ago?) I think your answer can help me find out if I'm just unlucky or foils are super rare.

kiyomi

I was observing my cat's strategy to rush against my foot hidden inside her scratching post.

She outflanks it running extremely far from it and she sneaks inside another room to hide behind the door.
Then, half-covered by the doorjamb, she points the scratching post, starts charging (butt high, head low), and step by step she prowls nearer, until she's almost outside cover. And BAM! In a fraction of seconds she springs against the scratching post hitting with unsheathed claws my naked foot.

It's just now that I realize that my entire way of playing CS:GO is nothing else than a carbon copy of my cat's strategy to scratch my foot.
With mostly the same outcome, too: the foot terrorist quickly avoids the attack and put his foot upon the cat's my head as a display of sheer overpower.

image.php

Today's ongoing Steam client dumbness:
- Steam lets you have a password longer than 32 characters long.
- Steam lets you login with a password longer than 32 characters long in the client or on the website
- The login field on the website is not limited to 32 characters

- The "Enter your current password" field in the "Change my Password" screen is limited to 32 characters, meaning you cannot type your old password in if it's longer than 32 characters

Joke aside I think steam testing process is mostly:
  1. Release update
  2. Find out that it has bugs
  3. Return to step 1

Genki

Leftover stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gigantic Army -- MB-8B9F700AE58F0987 - Taken by user237. 4 entrants total.
Capsized -- MB-5B3E4B6E80462D14 - Taken by FauX. 4 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-9BDF85B9EAD82495 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-8A5078B547BA9DB6 - Taken by corrosivefrost. 1 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-B36DADF2A28620D9
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-8B3356C9033AF6E2 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Capsized was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dead Space was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1408842628z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah its a decent game. Played through on easy. The only thing I wish was for the music to be better. But I guess you could just play your own.
yea, it was just me, lana and schoolgirl upskirt katana action

prolly gonna bump it up to medium since easy seemed pretty trivial

just wanted to get a quick hang of the controls

Volimar

Dead Space was so good. Ashamed to admit I went most of the game before realizing I could use enemy body parts to damage other enemies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Did you ever got a foil drop? Since you have just a little bit more more than twice 3 times more games than myself (when did you bought all those games? you had like 500 a year ago?) I think your answer can help me find out if I'm just unlucky or foils are super rare.

I've gotten about 10-12 foil drops over time. But I've been using cards since the beta, have got quite a few boosters, etc. No idea how many total cards I've got. The rarity was said to be 1 in 100. I'm not sure if that's true but we can do some basic math to try to suss it out a bit:

Assuming foils are 1 in 100 cards
Having a 1 in 100 rarity does not mean that after 100 cards you will have definitely gotten a foil. In fact, there'd be a ~63% chance of getting at least one foil over 100 card drops, or a 92% chance of getting at least 1 over 250 card drops, or a 99.4% chance of getting at least 1 over 500 card drops.

Another way to look at this is that over 100 card drops, you would expect to get on average one foil +- 0.099; or over 1000 card drops, you'd expect to get somewhere between 9 and 11 foils.

Why would you have a password longer than 32 characters?

Why would you ever have a password shorter than 32 characters?

Jawmuncher

yea, it was just me, lana and schoolgirl upskirt katana action

prolly gonna bump it up to medium since easy seemed pretty trivial

just wanted to get a quick hang of the controls

Was talking to Automatsich about it.
Apparently the game is design more so for you to start at easy and work your way up because the upgrades carry over to each difficulty. He started on normal and had one hell of a time playing with the wrong upgrades.

Hugstable

Banned
Finally making better progress in Dark Souls 2 now! Got myself 4 Estus Flask +1's up, and getting used to the systems and new stats compared to DS1. Got 12 points in ADP, and it also seems to help out with Estus Flask drinking times as well as invincibility frames. This game definitely has a way harder start than the first game ever did, even with the early boss they throw at you in Dark Souls 1.

Kiru

Why is it still there!? Lol. There has to be a reason. Heh. If you want to keep it there, I suggest not opening it. Unless, it comes back as the food gets placed. :V

Thank you! :D

Still sitting there. I would love to understand animals and know its reason to sit there all the time. :D

Yes, unless maybe you've passed the 80% finished mark.

No, I haven't.

Ventara said:
I haven't finished it yet, but what's making you angry? If it's spoilerish, don't tell me.

The characters don't have redeemable qualities. One of the characters has a mental disorder and they hold it up as something noble and wonderful. The character - still while under this mental disorder - makes an irrational decision about their own life and everyone seems to put up with it rather than say "You know what? Maybe this person is not capable of making this decision. Maybe power of attorney is necessary here." Everyone acts like a selfish jerk and the only person I'm able to root for is a scientist who doesn't take anything seriously and who is intended for comic relief. There's no gameplay apart from a flipping puzzle with bad conveyance. At one point you have to activate all the squares on a white note - turning things from white to white. At one point you're asked a question about the Animorphs book series, and the correct answer is apparently wrong! How is it that the one bit of player-input interactivity - the only thing that required research - is wrong? It's like playing a game where there's only one puzzle, and that puzzle just happens to be cat hair and syrup makes a moustache.

And why do they make an issue about "pickled olives?" Pickled is the only way anyone eats them! So much so that we just call them "olives" - nobody eats them straight off the tree because they're practically inedible that way.

Just....FUCK!

i got a bit of extra cash on my end that i got as an allowance :D

been wanting to try diablo 3 now but sadly there's no ultimate edition for pc (yet)

how is divinity:eek:riginal sin btw? been askin it for a bit now ever since the summer sale , what's the overall consensus?

also it's kinda tempting to pre-order both Civ:Beyond Earth (i have never yet played any civ game, pls don't kill me ) ;_; and Borderlands : The Presequel , i think the latter i should probably just wait for the ultimate edition or something

also i'm just waitin for GTA V to be available for pre-order on STEAM hope it's soon

any other cool games gaf can recommend me?

derExperte

To make her attack it.
WHY ELSE?

This may be one of the most unsatisfactory answers I've ever gotten.

Because I have terrible memory =(

Seems we need to have the 'password manager'-talk again. If you can remember yours you probably have too few and they're rubbish.

GUYS. GUYS. GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYYYS.

I am junoir'ed. I can't make threads. But this deserves its own thread: http://store.steampowered.com/app/310080/

Clear your calenders. Everything will end soon. OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! It's finally here *cries*

IT'S HERE!!!

Were you juniored because you constantly made threads that already exist about things everyone on GAF already knows about since forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom