• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the "Tales of" is followed by "Vesperia" or "Symphonia" (or whatever the Gamecube one was), always bet on SMT.

I loved Symphonia when I first played it and it hooked me onto the Tales series. I bought Vesperia before I even had a 360 because I was so hyped! That being said, Graces f became my favourite of all three after I completed it. I loved the new combat system and even the characters and story. Yeah, that's right, I loved the characters and the story :D

~Kinggi~

Banned
oh shit just 73 bundles more and we get bloodrayne 2!

https://groupees.com/bm14

1520yes20soccer20fangus5b.gif

That bundle looks pretty decent actually. I only have betrayer from it..

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orcs Must Die -- MB-3D66B7F7FAE56A01 - Taken by xeris. 1 entrants total.
I don't like tower defence games, but I did like this
Burnout Paradise -- MB-7C62915AADF132E6 - Taken by danhese007. 2 entrants total.
Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Orcs Must Die 2 -- MB-A762AEA7EC987ABD - Taken by salazar547. 2 entrants total.
Apparently it's more of the same
Monaco -- MB-919003F5F6325BBD - Taken by Pop. 4 entrants total.
Disappointing, but maybe you'll have fun in co-op
Beatbuddy -- MB-1A00C37284C25661 - Taken by ultraspank. 2 entrants total.
A delightful short little rhythm platformer
Mirror's Edge -- MB-2ED23EE06CB6671E - Taken by gaiadyne. 3 entrants total.
Finish the game without shooting anyone, then replay for better time attack scores
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-42724DDFC79441B8 - Taken by NamikazeBurst. 1 entrants total.
Extremely satisfying stealth game
Dead Space -- MB-F6D14DA3E38A535C - Taken by Lobogris. 1 entrants total.
Pretend the game has no sequels
Brutal Legend -- MB-DFD24649B898F077 - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
Play on easy, the RTS battles are a total pain

t1408822347z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh and GOG is awesome I don't know what some people are on about.

The issue isn't with GOG per se. BloodRayne has been on Steam for years (as has the sequel) and so people were expecting Steam keys in addition to/in lieu of GOG keys.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Im now more inclined to give GOG my money for older games than steam. Had some recent terrible experiences with steam and games not working right and gog saving the day. My library on gog also grew a lot after their recent summer sale.

Benedict

Achievement completed

Your Order

Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™
PC Download | This is a Steam game more info
Release date: October 24, 2014
£29.99
Credit used
− £29.99
Total paid £0.00

Thank you Playfire rewards, one of the best ways to deal with your backlog.

S1n1st3r

Banned
Im now more inclined to give GOG my money for older games than steam. Had some recent terrible experiences with steam and games not working right and gog saving the day. My library on gog also grew a lot after their recent summer sale.

Yes. I love how everything comes in super convenient packs and can be thrown on a USB and installed anywhere.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-7E7254E42DD2ECBB - Taken by Dragoon En Regalia. 1 entrants total.

t1408824027z1.png

Now it is correct.

Dr Dogg

I finally went and played The Cave.
I really wish I didn’t listen to the rather lacklustre impressions I heard when it first came out, because I enjoyed my time with it immensely.

Thanks for the impressions. I don't have The Cave on Steam but did pick it up onPS3 as part of PS+.

I don't know if I'd be in the lukewarm detractors group but I bailed on the game pretty early and didn't really give it a chance. I can't remember which three characters I went with to start (I think I picked the first three so maybe The Knight, The Hillbilly and The Time Traveler?) but I only managed to get to the start of the first of the three main stage. I liked the concept of using multiple characters to solve puzzles, which in turn felt like the character swapping of Maniac Mansion and DotT but I really found it a main having to manage each individually. Should really have tried this in coop to get a better feel of things.

My other gripe and the main reason I put it down was I just wasn't feeling the usual brand of humour I would expect from a Ron Gilbert game. Maybe I went into it with the wrong mindset but from reading your experiences with it I might give it another go (like I haven't started enough unfinished games already this week alone!)

JaseC

Oh yeah, I have an amusing trading anecdote to share. Somebody on my friends list asked if he could trade 50 cards and a couple of boosters for one of my spare copies of Family Guy. When I explained that I was holding on to them to sell for a profit some time after the game has been taken down from the store, and added that if he sold his items he could buy two TF2 keys from the market and pick up a copy from Dispenser, he proceeded to say that I was being "stingy".

My first thought was, "Wow, 'stingy' is something I haven't heard in a while." My second thought was, "This bloke has begged for games in the past. I think it's time I deleted him."

JaseC

Opened 120 Breakout cases, didn't even get a Covert guns.

Moral of the story. Don't waste your money. Just go buy whatever gun you want or trade for it.

If only you had the luck of the Irish. You shouldn't have abandoned your Saoirse avatar. ;)

Dr Dogg

I swear CSGO cases have become something like the new lottery scratch cards addiction now. Soon you'll hear about that magical story where someone with their last key opens a case and finds a $150 knife. What you won't hear about is the 500 other last keys they went through getting junk.

JaseC

I'll take Elizabeth over a cosmetic skin any day :p most likely all of these skins will worth nothing 10-15 years from now when the new Counter Strike launch.

Speaking of which:

JqOJUvz.png

I'd say any plans for CS2 have been put on hold due to CS:GO's explosive growth, though.

Shadownet

Banned
LOL I go in to try this, first thing I get is an AK-47 Jaguar Convert! If only my luck was really like this.
The most heartbreaking thing is to see that line go past 10 shitty skins you don't want. Then go past the gun you actually want and land back on that shitty skin. :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gigantic Army -- MB-3429808D1CFF6943 - Taken by redlacs. 5 entrants total.
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-FFF056E75DA49273 - Taken by Daedalos42. 9 entrants total.
Universe Sandbox -- MB-64737CC8004BEC71 - Taken by Gurthang. 1 entrants total.
Puzzle Bots -- MB-FA8911FC433C78C0
Ultratron -- MB-5F505E52284B3A8F - Taken by Woody Invincible. 2 entrants total.
The Darkness II -- MB-E7CF91B01F4E7B0C - Taken by VikasNarula. 3 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-24811862AE761B82
Bioshock -- MB-9D28723EC117AE90 - Taken by Killcaustic68. 1 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-8896502C8348DB66 - Taken by pupo. 3 entrants total.
Titan Attacks! -- MB-5D11AAA062DC80ED - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-0CD5DB51043D7D4A - Taken by DontBlink. 2 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-66FC1988D96BB199 - Taken by freshVeggie. 1 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-1FF3CC8216F3DAC1

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for F.E.A.R. 3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1408835007z1.png

GO has the most expensive gun camos in gaming, holy shit. it's just colors people.

Yeah it's kinda ridiculous when you think about it, most of the skins look awful and the chances of getting anything good or worth anything is so slim, but people buy them. If any other company but Valve charged $2.50+ for a single random gun skin people would lose their minds.

Kiru

There's a pidgeon sitting at my windowsil for like 3 hours straight now. I think he wants me to buy Hatoful Boyfriend lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom