• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moral dilemma? I saw it all the way to the end, but they don't even discuss the moral dilemma with any seriousness. The senior scientist says "screw you, this is what's happening" and then that happens. Plus, the junior scientist is treated like a moron throughout the entire game, as if to imply his moral choice is invalid because he's just an idiot. (And maybe to say, if you agree with him you're also an idiot?)

Just...completely infuriating non-game.

Yep, that's also true. It gave me thought material, on what right would a scientist have
to change something so basic to a lifetime, in order to fulfill a different wish. Which scientist had the more reasonable viewpoint?

As for the
taking on a dead loved one's habits/persona
, I'm not sure it is a real psychological condition. However, I have seen it used in fiction before. And it has a plausibility to it, which can lead to a riveting story, whether or no it's realistic.

The non communication seems perfectly reasonable. My family has a tendency to Aspergers so I do get some first and second hand experience there. Sadly, it is not uncommon for other people to fail to adapt to the communication methods, and it causes tension.

In the end, without much liking any of the characters, I still felt it was a story with value.

OT: I need to vent GAF. (Don't read it if you don't care about retail)

Man, that is infuriating. I had something similar happen to relatives except it wasn't in a mall and involved the police instead. When people disrupt your business along with threats and insults like that. :mad: I probably would go straight to calling security though instead of reacting to them.

Just started FEZ and it's a pretty relaxing game to play. I started out using a keyboard, but the controls were much too confusing that way. Best to play with a controller as the prompts are controller based anyway. The puzzles are fairly simple to solve so far, but I like them. For some puzzles, I get stuck because I keep forgetting that I could rotate the perspective.

A Game!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lilly Looking Through -- MB-955387176D388BDE - Taken by someguyinahat. 3 entrants total.

t1408851148z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
What does steam even consider Fraudulent Activity?
Was looking it up and the only thing I noticed was paypal fucking up for people.
Much like what happened for some PSN users.

With me it was buying sixty plus copies of a single game they deemed to be unusual behaviour and thus put under scrutiny. They thought someone took over my account to steal games to later sell.

For a friend it was his account going through several different IPs over the course of a week ( he was on a ship going around South America). As he bought games, they thought he was getting around region restrictions since all his games went to his inventory. He's odd about not wanting games in his library until he wants to play them.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Are you a minor? Cause if not, I would not have observed that and been okay with it. Even though I'm a non parent, you would probably be looking for work.

So you're fine with enabling unacceptable behavior in a place of business because the perpetrators are teens?

fenners

That new feature in Humble Bundle, showing you unused keys, rocks. Wish I could gift the duplicates I have from the "To Brandon With Love" bundle, as there's a few, but no go; they'll sit there unused forever as I had the games already. Here's some spares I /can/ gift:

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Worms Pinball -- MB-CFA78385137A295A - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Worms Blast -- MB-2D3F4BBF9FA9BF23 - Taken by stutte. 2 entrants total.
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-088CD6F8205557A3 - Taken by danhese007. 5 entrants total.

t1408936649z1.png

Yeah... Shadow you escalated that when it most definitely did not need to be. They're dumb kids, let them be dumb.

As someone who has been in retail for years, this shit happens more constantly then any sane person should have to put up with. Sometimes shit breaks you man. Im not saying it was the smart decision, but i totally get being pissed. I probably wouldnt have threatened them though, but im a pretty pacifistic person.

So you're fine with enabling unacceptable behavior in a place of business because the perpetrators are teens?

I am fine with banning teens from a store because they're annoying. I am not fine with an adult physically threatening teens while representing my company...if I owned it.

The only response called for was one raised eyebrow and a forced, pained laugh.

As someone who has been in retail for years, this shit happens more constantly then any sane person should have to put up with. Sometimes shit breaks you man. Im not saying it was the smart decision, but i totally get being pissed. I probably wouldnt have threatened them though, but im a pretty pacifistic person.
Oh definitely, I've had to deal with it too. But you never go full Gran Torino.

But Shadow, if your boss is okay with it, then whatever. No real harm done.

OT: I need to vent GAF. (Don't read it if you don't care about retail)
Sorry, Shadow, but assuming you're an adult, physically threatening little teens is just flat out ridiculous behavior on your part. I don't care how bratty they were being. You should have risen above that. To be honest, you're lucky to still have a job.

If you're a kid too, well, you were still wrong, but kids are kids are kids...

You seem like a cool guy, but I can't agree with your behavior. You should have known better, man.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I am fine with banning teens from a store because they're annoying. I am not fine with an adult physically threatening teens while representing my company...if I owned it.

People lose there cool and say hyperbolic things. *shrug* I would give someone a one time pass.

People lose there cool and say hyperbolic things. *shrug* I would give someone a one time pass.

Fair enough.

I would probably have said "Far Cry 6 is due to release on April 22, 2017. If you want a copy, you will need to preorder. That will be $20, cash. And you won't get a receipt because it's not in the system yet."

The only way to win is to make them wish they hadn't started.

Edit: Ha, Kevin types faster than me

Shadownet

Banned
Are you a minor? Cause if not, I would not have observed that and been okay with it. Even though I'm a non parent, you would probably be looking for work.
No I'm not a minor. This whole health issue is killing my mood man. I don't enjoy a lot of things I used to anymore. Except CSGO. I was having a bad morning already. I lost it.

Im on so many meds. I feel sick. I haven't gone outside to do anything fun for almost a month. All I want to do is lay in bed and die.

Yeah... Shadow you escalated that when it most definitely did not need to be. They're dumb kids, let them be dumb.
They can be dumb outside of my store. I put years of work into this store, I'm not going to let some kids walk in there and talk to me like I'm an idiot.

I'm normally not a violence person, but day after day of kids messing up your store, dealing with shitty customers. You will snap one day. I had one today.

I wasn't really going to hit them. I just wanted to scare them and get them to get out of there.

Oh definitely, I've had to deal with it too. But you never go full Gran Torino.

But Shadow, if your boss is okay with it, then whatever. No real harm done.

My boss laugh at the story and told me fuck those kids. He told me to be a bit more chill about it next time but I had every right to ban them. He would have done it too. Also. No shotgun= no Gran Torino.

Corpekata

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Corpekata, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Puddle -- MB-580C175E0FF05C89 - Taken by KainXVIII. 13 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-9E52B624BA3DE000 - Taken by t0rment
Two Brothers -- MB-E951A61DC6816BFD

t1408839627z1.png

Looks like just the 1 game was taken, if anyone wants the others.

donny2112

Pretty fun one, too. Some of the puzzles were too obtuse, so could use more hints (and speedy actions, as it gets real old, real fast when trying iteration #22 to get a puzzle to work and it takes over a minute for each setup). Still a good game, though. Liked the
dual worlds
hook and the artstyle. :)

Shadownet

Banned
Sorry, Shadow, but assuming you're an adult, physically threatening little teens is just flat out ridiculous behavior on your part. I don't care how bratty they were being. You should have risen above that. To be honest, you're lucky to still have a job.

If you're a kid too, well, you were still wrong, but kids are kids are kids...

You seem like a cool guy, but I can't agree with your behavior. You should have known better, man.

I've dealt with worst kids than those brats. But today was just not a good day when everything piled up. I honestly didn't care if I lost my job. I knew the consequences.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, we're not gonna start discussing Phil Fish again, are we?

No because everything Phill threatens over twitter or in an interview concerning his departure from the industry or not making Fez 2 is just empty threats. I don't know why people were making a big deal over his last tantrum. In a few months when everyone has forgotten about it he'll again announce that Fez 2 is canceled or he's leaving development due to it being a day that ends in y. He's not believable anymore.

And the, "Japanese games suck" while hyperbolic and lacking any basic understanding of the market continues to not be racist.

Khronico

Downloaded STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl and installed STALKER Complete 2009 mod. Do you guys recommend any other mods?

Not sure you can install these mods with complete, but here's some I can recommend

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lurk

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalkersoup

http://www.moddb.com/mods/old-good-stalker-evolution

http://www.moddb.com/mods/priboi-story

All of those are pretty awesome mods that make for an interesting playthrough.

Haunted

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys and 12 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Planet Stronghold DLC Key -- MB-2349A38A0351B92A - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-907A7F2A9E38A4D4 - Taken by ModBot
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-6B036A01C03EEFF1 - Taken by Sub Zero. 1 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-739F4888A7CC1B68 - Taken by Ozium. 16 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Humble Weekly Popcap Sale (Origin) -- MB-F7EA5D477758A572 - Taken by Ryne. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 (Origin) -- MB-6B0E4FF045DE331E - Taken by Emperor_EL. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Dungeons of Dredmor (Desura) -- MB-336B36858031F968
Planet Stronghold -- MB-0948A197A64447F9 - Taken by Scipius. 5 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-385A62C4FB6AE446 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Broken Age (OUYA) -- MB-488A69F6E2786E51 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-7A2685C77B6DCF36 - Taken by Mono. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-99DE8E454136E069
Tiny and Big Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-507D29F46C32CC91
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-63092EFFFB7731C2 - Taken by hepburn3d. 2 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-56B45ACD07336EF2
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Introversion Bundle (Desura) -- MB-166DCCEAD03268E6 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-9E84CEB82C34990B
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-725DE95F10FD5DCA
ulgzbKC.png
Anodyne (Desura) -- MB-C1FFF05BBF21C9FD - Taken by Darth Kupi

t1408938628z1.png
Note that Broken Age is the OUYA version, which doesn't have a logo supported in ModBot yet
or ever

Tempted to automatically put a poop sign next to every Origin game, but you know.

Zafir

That new feature in Humble Bundle, showing you unused keys, rocks. Wish I could gift the duplicates I have from the "To Brandon With Love" bundle, as there's a few, but no go; they'll sit there unused forever as I had the games already. Here's some spares I /can/ gift:

In light of this glorious feature, games for everyone! All of them should work, sorry if they don't.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zafir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations 2 Ultimate Edition -- MB-77B2BDCE146C3660
Cave Story Plus -- MB-6414F4E73638889F
Dead Space -- MB-DFECABA689CD85F4 - Taken by Troubled Bat. 2 entrants total.
Risen -- MB-0271AAE05C8EBB46 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-F4C67445A14C84D4 - Taken by Capt.Haddock. 2 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-FA855C879AEE5B79 - Taken by MattyG344. 2 entrants total.
Consortium -- MB-8EAF6B97E183CCBE - Taken by Tellaerin. 4 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-99759C6DBD32706A - Taken by xeris. 5 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-6FF69654D7739F60 - Taken by Hero Prinny. 5 entrants total.
A New Beginning - Final Cut -- MB-B2E0E541C31E4A11 - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 1 entrants total.
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-7CDAB16AC879F728 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 5 entrants total.
Walking Dead Season 2 -- MB-BA231B4B8014F227 - Taken by 73V3N. 30 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-23044D6696E4F9BC - Taken by Ryne. 1 entrants total.
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-4CF8F7102D0D0025 - Taken by creamsugar. 1 entrants total.
HOARD -- MB-2B094990FB0E549F - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.
ArcaniA -- MB-DB40D16796542612 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.

t1408863268z1.png

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Yay! I had a Strife Closed Beta key that I never used, so here it is, along with a Desura copy of 100% Orange Juice that I don't need.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Daedalos42:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Daedalos42, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Strife Closed Beta Key -- MB-266C46F434A219CB - Taken by kvothe
ulgzbKC.png
100% Orange Juice (Desura) -- MB-3346AE71ABB85F46 - Taken by shira

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for 100% Orange Juice (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I guess some visual novel game called Clannad is coming to Steam

@fuwan0vel
From @sekaiproject Clannad will be seeing a release on Steam. Release date is still TBD. Will be full voice edition.

Announced at Japan Expo

Zafir

@fuwan0vel
From @sekaiproject Clannad will be seeing a release on Steam. Release date is still TBD. Will be full voice edition.

Announced at Japan Expo

Nice to see more Japanese games on steam. Didn't care much for the anime of it, but I'd consider trying the VN anyway.

(Assuming a translation patch would work with it/it has english language anyway)

Milamber

@fuwan0vel

Announced at Japan Expo

Man, your indifference to a legendary VN like Clannad is funny to me.

Khronico

I don't think my heart can handle being crushed again by Clannad. That anime adaptation destroyed me. I can't even listen to the music without getting choked up.

I'll probably buy it and play through it.

Shadownet

Banned
I just played the laggiest match of CSGO ever. somehow we still won. (mainly cause 4 people from the other team quit)

I feel like i'm lagging right now in real life..

Tektonic

Hoorah. Just got Spelunky for 2.5 keys! The trader is Japanese, and has some funny stuff on his profile page like

"
When you found a impersonator of me, ask him Hentai loli games and speak in dragon language.
If it's me I recommend you "Monobeno", "Musumaker", and Tanuki-soft developer strongly.
Yes, I used to be a loli games adventurer like you, then I took ar... oh hey, POLICE ARE COMING!
"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom