• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Hoorah. Just got Spelunky for 2.5 keys! The trader is Japanese, and has some funny stuff on his profile page like

""

Man, Monobeno is crap compared to Musumaker. Then again they are totally different in execution. I'm still waiting for a full 3D version of Musumaker, meanwhile, Artificial Girl 3 fills the void.

Annubis

Musumaker

I don't know... it's pretty and stuff, but the story is really long and useless.
I mean eventually, you grow tired of freeplay and then there isn't much left.

Also, it make no sense at all that the baby version of your daughter always looks the same no matter what you create her teen form to look like.

She'll go from a white girl with blonde hair baby to a carrot head black teen...
wait wha?
oh yeah, dragons and stuff...

EDIT: wait, I think I'm thinking about the wrong game here. Milamber, help me here.
EDIT2: oh yeah, I'm thinking MusumakeUP... damn similar names.

Pupo

Prepare for a bus trip.

ixDIvOh.png

9yxLJW9.png

Tektonic

tales from a Japanese Steam Trader #2

If you have a friend who like girls, you can gift him a Hentai.
He (or she) will enjoy those girls in first 6 months.

And in the next year, your friend suddenly start to put tentacles on them.

A few years later from then, you will see there is a folder named "Otokonoko" in his/her PC.
*They are all men.[www.google.co.jp]

One day, when 5 years or more passed from everything started, you will hear a rumor about one person who is enthusiastically talking the bra size of personified Companion Cube.

zychi

Banned
Haven't been here in awhile. What was the overall reaction to MGSV being announced for Steam? I'm fucking ecstatic that I get to play them maxed out

:)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just played Depression Quest. Went through one of the paths, and I'll try the others some other day. I really liked how it's written, and the fact that many choices are locked (usually they are the logical ones, with only the emotional ones available) to better represent the way of thinking of a depressed person. That said, there were a few times where the choice I'd have picked was locked, or wasn't even there at all, so I had to resort to another one, like for example
calling in sick and skipping work one day; I wanted the protagonist to go anyway but that option wasn't available
. But most of the times I was able to choose what I would have done if I had been in that situation.

I can't say it's fun, due to the subject matter. Still, it's a very interesting (and sad) game to experience, even if I couldn't relate to everything the protagonist was going through (I don't have a girlfriend, for example). This and The Cat Lady showed me that these kinds of subjects can be treated in games in a tactful way, and that's good.

Milamber

I don't know... it's pretty and stuff, but the story is really long and useless.
I mean eventually, you grow tired of freeplay and then there isn't much left.

Also, it make no sense at all that the baby version of your daughter always looks the same no matter what you create her teen form to look like.

She'll go from a white girl with blonde hair baby to a carrot head black teen...
wait wha?
oh yeah, dragons and stuff...

EDIT: wait, I think I'm thinking about the wrong game here. Milamber, help me here.
EDIT2: oh yeah, I'm thinking MusumakeUP... damn similar names.
If you raise your precious merchandise to grow up into a ganguro girl, you're doing something wrong with your life.

$h@d0w

Origin Key

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an Origin key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me ($h@d0w, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Peggle Deluxe, Bejeweled 3, Bookworm Deluxe, Escape Rosecliff Island, and Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe -- MB-87E231EE3767FF44 - Taken by Milamber. 2 entrants total.

t1408866449z1.png

KingDirk

So this is hardly a fitting wedding present for ya'll but my wife's LootCrate had this game as a free reward. I am not a tower defense person, so have at it if you want.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KingDirk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Defense Grid -- MB-CBD53A24AD80C1C0 - Taken by -MD-. 10 entrants total.

t1408867049z1.png

Deitus

This thread has gone to a strange place.

So this is hardly a fitting wedding present for ya'll but my wife's LootCrate had this game as a free reward. I am not a tower defense person, so have at it if you want.

The fact that you can now refer to her as your wife means that it must have gone well for you. Congrats man!

Tenrius

All this talk about CS:GO makes want to get it. I have a history with not sticking to online games though. I'd play them for ten, maybe 20 hours in a matter of one month and then abandon the whole affair. It's not them I'm not enjoying the process, I just don't really return after a certain point. Although I did manage to accumulate 100 hours of TF2 playtime in the five years I had it.

Not sure yet. It'll be another month or two before my area has an estimated Ready for Service date.

I'm lucky enough to be living in an area where the NBN was installed. However, unfortunately they stopped one street up from mine and the rollout map has no sign of any plans to continue rolling out to my street. It'd probably be faster if I studied engineering at university and connected myself.

Shadownet

Banned
All this talk about CS:GO makes want to get it. I have a history with not sticking to online games though. I'd play them for ten, maybe 20 hours in a matter of one month and then abandon the whole affair. It's not them I'm not enjoying the process, I just don't really return after a certain point. Although I did manage to accumulate 100 hours of TF2 playtime in the five years I had it.

166 hours on CSGO... after barely 2 months... lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm lucky enough to be living in an area where the NBN was installed. However, unfortunately they stopped one street up from mine and the rollout map has no sign of any plans to continue rolling out to my street. It'd probably be faster if I studied engineering at university and connected myself.

Haha, I had the same thought when fibre was being installed in the estate that was annexed to the town proper. Better late than never, though.

Elija2

That's still a pretty good deal to me. You'd be paying less than a dollar for each hour of fun.

Found "The Cat Lady" in my library and looked at some videos to check it out. This game is really creepy, but the soundtrack is pretty good though.

kudoboi

not sure if posted but amazon changed the requirements to buy digital games a few days back. just giving a US address won't cut it anymore

We cannot complete this order because you must use a U.S. billing address and a credit or debit card issued by a U.S. bank to buy a game or software download on Amazon.com.

edit: looking more into it seems only 2K in enforcing it. any games not published by 2K does not have this rule

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
not sure if posted but amazon changed the requirements to buy digital games a few days back. just giving a US address won't cut it anymore

I believe the added requirement of a US payment method is only for games that have this warning:

Requires Steam Client to activate. Steam key only valid in North America.

Amazon wouldn't shut out international customers entirely -- the reason the address loophole still exists is precisely because Amazon knows it makes a significant amount of its DD revenue from international users. Unfortunately, though, if a publisher wants Amazon to be more stringent than just requiring a billing address, it doesn't really have a say in the matter short of choosing to yank the game/s.

Copons

I honestly think this is a GOOD thing.

I mean, if people had warned me that CS:GO is as addicting as some other online games, I probably wouldn't buy it.
Not after what WoW did to my life several years ago. :D

So yeah, if you are able to fairly manage your life with an addicting game like this, then go for it, it's amazing!
Conversely, if your willpower is like mine (26 hours in 1 week, also thanks to the fact i'm on vacation, but still...), not even once.

kudoboi

I believe the added requirement of a US payment method is only for games that have this warning:

Amazon wouldn't shut out international customers entirely -- the reason the address loophole still exists is precisely because Amazon knows it makes a significant amount of its DD revenue from international users. Unfortunately, though, if a publisher wants Amazon to be more stringent than just requiring a billing address, it doesn't really have a say in the matter short of choosing to yank the game/s.

hmm.. yeah looking more into it seems only 2K in enforcing it. any games not published by 2K does not have this rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom