• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just bought Blacklight: Tango Down successfully, so, yeah, not a general policy change.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Blacklight: Tango Down -- MB-56DAECFC9D0F7D1D - Taken by Casimir

I have been looking for that gif for the longest and I couldn't be bothered to make one.
Thanks.

Haha, glad I could be of service.

Shadownet

Banned
So yeah, if you are able to fairly manage your life with an addicting game like this, then go for it, it's amazing!
Conversely, if your willpower is like mine (26 hours in 1 week, also thanks to the fact i'm on vacation, but still...), not even once.

I play an average of 3-4 hours a day. Multiply that by 6-7 days a week...

I'm lucky enough to be living in an area where the NBN was installed. However, unfortunately they stopped one street up from mine and the rollout map has no sign of any plans to continue rolling out to my street. It'd probably be faster if I studied engineering at university and connected myself.

Yeah, when the new government got in they completely stopped construction in my area and then denied it was ever being built at all and the website was in error. Of course I and many others saw NBN employees drilling and laying cables, but that was just my imagination apparently. Perils of living in a safe Labor seat!

My internet is also getting shut down on October 1st. Optus after initially claiming they were buying Vividwireless as a going concern, clearly just wanted the 4G bandwidth. Why charge me $79 for unlimited when they can charge mobile users the same for probably <5GB. The future should be interesting, too far away from the exchange for ADSL2+, the local fibre is clapped out and oversubscribed, might be back to dialup. Go team Australia!

Copons

No I don't
maybe a little bit.
Headshot

I've been
grouchy/sad
lately cause all of the meds.

Just kidding, of course. :p

also, CS:GO actually made me more aggressive, at least with my gf who reasonably defined it as "that game I totally hate" :D

Lain

Because of Zkylon's post about Divine Souls I wanted to see how it was first hand (and to get that playfire reward?), but two things stopped me on my quest for knowledge.
The first is that like all f2p games, it wants an account. The second is that an account can't be created because I get a service unavailable error on their website.
I guess I'll just leave it running at the login screen for the playfire reward.

JaseC

Yeah, when the new government got in they completely stopped construction in my area and then denied it was ever being built at all and the website was in error. Of course I and many others saw NBN employees drilling and laying cables, but that was just my imagination apparently. Perils of living in a safe Labor seat!

My internet is also getting shut down on October 1st. Optus after initially claiming they were buying Vividwireless as a going concern, clearly just wanted the 4G bandwidth. Why charge me $79 for unlimited when they can charge mobile users the same for probably <5GB. The future should be interesting, too far away from the exchange for ADSL2+, the local fibre is clapped out and oversubscribed, might be back to dialup. Go team Australia!

Have you tried applying for an NPGDSL line? There's the possibility that your current copper loop is longer than it needs to be and a new line would be shorter. If memory serves, you're not charged at all if Telstra believes the line wouldn't meet the 1.5Mbps minimum requirement.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Picked up Arkham City GOTY for $4 on GMG. Not bad. Looking forward to doing this with Arkham Knight in 2-3 years.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KingDirk, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KingDirk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Defense Grid -- MB-CBD53A24AD80C1C0 - Taken by -MD-. 10 entrants total.

t1408867049z1.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You know you have too many Steam games, when you go great - cheap! , then check your inventory to find you already own it.

Yup. I saw the deal on Dishonored GOTY and thought to pick it up, only to realize I have the regular one sitting in my inventory. Ah, I'll pass.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity Original Sin -- MB-FF0884FA09B6E056 - Taken by Oreoleo. 22 entrants total.

t1408864829z1.png

Mokoi

Banned
I guess some visual novel game called Clannad is coming to Steam

@fuwan0vel
From @sekaiproject Clannad will be seeing a release on Steam. Release date is still TBD. Will be full voice edition.

Announced at Japan Expo

Hmm Key shit. It's nice that were getting more visuals novels though.

I honestly think this is a GOOD thing.

I mean, if people had warned me that CS:GO is as addicting as some other online games, I probably wouldn't buy it.
Not after what WoW did to my life several years ago. :D

So yeah, if you are able to fairly manage your life with an addicting game like this, then go for it, it's amazing!
Conversely, if your willpower is like mine (26 hours in 1 week, also thanks to the fact i'm on vacation, but still...), not even once.

Haha, don't get to addicted to it. I manage just fine even with this being my most played game. Also I realize I don't have you as a friend. Sent you a request.

Oreoleo

Instead of shit posting a bunch I'll actually ask something that crossed my mind earlier:

I had my status set to 'Away' all day today but at some point the Steam community server (friends list) went down, and when it came back up my status had defaulted back to 'Online.'

1. What's up with that?!
2. Is there a way to fix it?

Knurek

I guess some visual novel game called Clannad is coming to Steam

@fuwan0vel
From @sekaiproject Clannad will be seeing a release on Steam. Release date is still TBD. Will be full voice edition.

Hopefully Japanese voices, not some crappy American dub.
And hopefully they won't bring the sequel, Tomoyo After over. Just pure smut, starting with 20 minute depraved sex scene.

JaseC

Instead of shit posting a bunch I'll actually ask something that crossed my mind earlier:

I had my status set to 'Away' all day today but at some point the Steam community server (friends list) went down, and when it came back up my status had defaulted back to 'Online.'

1. What's up with that?!

1) Steam doesn't preserve your status between client restarts or disconnections
2) No

JustinBB7

Still have galactic left to take.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-7152B32A3B26F772
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Complete Pack -- MB-ACAD12413F55B3CF - Taken by pahamrick. 9 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-9B4C1184748ED3B6 - Taken by maneil99. 5 entrants total.

t1408839987z1.png

Echoplx

1. What's up with that?!

I thought Steam automatically changes your status to Away or Snooze or something when your computer is inactive for a while?

Copons

Don't go to bed angry. Take it out on the enemies <3

Have I told you how much i love your avatar?

No you didn't, but it's my default assumption about anybody's feelings when looking at my avatar. :D

Also I'd take everything out on the enemies, but usually I come out like the cardboard target guy in shooting ranges. Glad to help my enemies venting out, though. :D

Haha, don't get to addicted to it. I manage just fine even with this being my most played game. Also I realize I don't have you as a friend. Sent you a request.

Yo, accepting asap! :)

kudoboi

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity Original Sin -- MB-FF0884FA09B6E056 - Taken by Oreoleo

t1408864829z1.png

oh man just saw this a minute before it ends

Oreoleo

1) Steam doesn't preserve your status between client restarts or disconnections
2) No
Thanks Jase. Dammit Steam!

I thought Steam automatically changes your status to Away or Snooze or something when your computer is inactive for a while?

It does, but I set it to Away manually often so people don't bug me when I don't want to be bugged. I suppose I could sign off entirely, but eh. I like to see what people are doing, I guess.

JaseC

It does, but, say, if you had set your status to Away manually and Steam Community later drops out, when a connection is re-established your status will default to Online.

Thanks Jase. Dammit Steam!

It does, but I set it to Away manually often so people don't bug me when I don't want to be bugged. I suppose I could sign off entirely, but eh. I like to see what people are doing, I guess.

Haha, you made it in time. Congratz!

Divinity Original Sin -- MB-FF0884FA09B6E056 - Taken by Oreoleo - Taken by Oreoleo. 22 entrants total.

Shadownet

Banned
hook me up with free steam cash pls
if i could. don't you think i would have already? :p

Off topic: But I found the best back to class purchase for you guys.
http://www.coolpencilcase.com/Alpacasso-My-Pencil-Case-p/c2282.htm

damn.. dont let Huggy see this. I kinda want one too..
I've dealt with shit like that myself, retail is the worst. Dumbass kids trying to show off in front of their buddies.

I feel old. I don't understand stuff like this anymore.

Echoplx

Oh, right! I didn't consider that you weren't actually away.

It does, but if you had set your status to Away manually and Steam Community drops out, when a connection is re-established your status will default to Online.

Yeah but Steam would just switch back to 'Away' shortly after coming back online anyway, so it shouldn't be a big deal (if you are actually away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom