• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Autumn Sale 2012 | Now with 100% more fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Only turn-based or generally Japanese stuff? If it's the former, The Last Remnant and the other 2 Zeboyd games come to mind but 2 Ys games are on Steam as well.

Last Remnant, two Ys games, Half Minute hero, Cladun, Beath of Death, Cthulhu Saves the World, and Recettear all spring to ming as Jrpg-esque games that are on Steam.

Turn based actually. I own Last Remnant (disc ver.), I'll check out Zeboyd and Recettear.

"Defend me lads! For the King! Lend me your shields lads! Hellllllp!!" --- Me cowering in a corner behind friendly shields whenever I'm the king lol. I usually charge towards them at like 30 seconds to go, hilariously fun game.

Now I feel bad for missing the play session, I blame PS2.

Sanic

With the sale coming to a close, can I get some thoughts on Gods and Kings? I enjoy Civ V, but took issue with the more shallow/predictable aspects of the game like city states. I know this offers improvements in that area, but did the expansion bring back any of the addiction for any of you?

Retne

With the sale coming to a close, can I get some thoughts on Gods and Kings? I enjoy Civ V, but took issue with the more shallow/predictable aspects of the game like city states. I know this offers improvements in that area, but did the expansion bring back any of the addiction for any of you?

Well I sat down with it an hour before some of the flash deals were going to roll over when next thing I know 4 hours had gone by and I should go see what the new stuff was. I like the new religion stuff but I haven't gotten into too much of the espionage yet.

Overall I would say I'm enjoying the changes and it's worth the $7.50 I paid. Like someone said earlier in the thread though I certainly wouldn't want to drop $30 on it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Picked up Chivlary and Just Cause 2, and I'm loving them both already. Steam is the best.

stay close to snuggler, he'll keep you safe

I am a pretty good meatshield. That's good for something, right? I'll absorb all the punishment for my teammates. Just watch out when I'm chucking javs.

I was comically bad at Chivalry in my first night but I had fun regardless. Thankfully it's one of those games that remains amusing whether you're kicking ass or failing miserably. I improved a bit towards the end but I still have a habit of panicking and swinging aimlessly, which doesn't work out so well. I'll be getting back to it as soon as I can, good times. Def join up with us Bread.

dani_dc

Turn based actually. I own Last Remnant (disc ver.), I'll check out Zeboyd and Recettear.

There's also Costume Quest, a fairly basic RPG with turned based battles, not particularly japanese, but entertaining enough. Plus Penny Arcade 1 and 2 are decent as well.

SorchaR

I gifted plenty, but bought nothing for myself. I was trying to get into a Torchlight 2 4-pack, but it fell through. I'll pick it up during the winter sale instead :)

did I miss Warlock-Master of the Arcane, or did it not make the Steam sale this time?

I SURVIVED AUTUMN SALE.

Well barely. Still tempted to buy Dishonored but it's too late to bank in money to my debit account :D

This gives me time to (somewhat) finish a bit of my backlog.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!

I'm probably not the one to assist here but I had a blast with it. I only picked up Civ 5 when Gods and Kings came out. I have close to 35 hours on it but the tremendous amount of other games pulled me away. Great game.

Tizoc

There's also Costume Quest, a fairly basic RPG with turned based battles, not particularly japanese, but entertaining enough. Plus Penny Arcade 1 and 2 are decent as well.

Oh I have that on PSN and prefer playing it on PS3 actually ^_^;

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
My fortitude is getting better! There were a ton of cheap games at a good price that I would most certainly enjoy, but I really don't like giant backlogs. Just stresses me out. I ended up with Walking Dead and Torchlight 2 for $20 total, and that'll keep me busy for a long time to come I'm sure.
It is only a backlog if you let it become one. A fine library of games you should consider it as.

ShaneB

I gifted plenty, but bought nothing for myself. I was trying to get into a Torchlight 2 4-pack, but it fell through. I'll pick it up during the winter sale instead :)

did I miss Warlock-Master of the Arcane, or did it not make the Steam sale this time?

Man I love that avatar :D

Warlock: MotA is currently 5$ at Amazon, or part of a Paradox pack for 6 dollars with a few other things. :) Steam required.

zkylon

zkylewd
Huh, Ride To Hell Retribution (that Deep Silver game) in the steam registry, I thought everyone assumed that was cancelled.

ridetohell.jpg
Just read about this in wikipedia, sounds pretty great.

ShaneB

Stay clear of SteveWinwood when he's on the battlefield.

He's quite a threat.
to his own team.

stay close to snuggler, he'll keep you safe
Conceptor clearly showed me that he has a good heart and will go into full protect mode when needed :p

"Defend me lads! For the King! Lend me your shields lads! Hellllllp!!" --- Me cowering in a corner behind friendly shields whenever I'm the king lol. I usually charge towards them at like 30 seconds to go, hilariously fun game.

Now I feel bad for missing the play session, I blame PS2.

Tsk tsk bud :p You'll have to join eventually and school everyone.

I am a pretty good meatshield. That's good for something, right? I'll absorb all the punishment for my teammates. Just watch out when I'm chucking javs.

I was comically bad at Chivalry in my first night but I had fun regardless. Thankfully it's one of those games that remains amusing whether you're kicking ass or failing miserably. I improved a bit towards the end but I still have a habit of panicking and swinging aimlessly, which doesn't work out so well. I'll be getting back to it as soon as I can, good times. Def join up with us Bread.

I think when a room is full of people just having fun, it's a blast. No one cares about who is good or bad, it's just fun when the room chat is active with people saying how much they love the game.

I'll definitely keep an eye on Chivalry next time, seems like a hectic fun game.

Hectic fun is definitely a good way to put it :)

Bread

Banned

I am (or was) moonjock, I got to witness your last stand where you took one or 2 down before getting gibbed. we need to work on teamwork, all the huge fights involved me getting hit in the back by teammates.

I am (or was) moonjock, I got to witness your last stand where you took one or 2 down before getting gibbed. we need to work on teamwork, all the huge fights involved me getting hit in the back by teammates.

Yeah that was me, my bad.

I feel like I need to just aim better. Or at least use the stab attack.

Is Castle Crashers online MP alive or will I be relegated to my own lonesomeness if I happen to buy it?

Zeno Clash seems pretty sweet, the price is right and the trailer looks kinda enjoyable.

Sullichin

Got these from Steam/Amazon/GMG over the past several days-

Amnesia
Batman Harlequin DLC
Chivalry (so awesome)
Civilization V
Dear Esther
FEAR3
Hotline Miami (so awesome)
Legend of Grimrock
RAGE
Saints Row The Third
Spec Ops The Line
Syndicate (Origin)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (fuck)
The Walking Dead

Tizoc

SHUT UP, THIS IS MY FIRST STEAM SALE!
cXiAw.png

SHUT IT! I'M HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASES! I'LL HOLD IN THE DECEMBER SALE! I NEEDED TO LEARN FROM EXPERIENCE!

cicero

I can't wait for this thread to be closed and the new Steam Announcements OT. Don't take it personal guys but it was getting cramped in here with all the non-regulars.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not a fan of pages of people posting their haul. The Steam OT has its own problems like multi-post gifting extravaganzas as well but I never felt it was as bad as this.

I do. Questions and regular PC/Steam talk are getting buried and it's mostly just lists of who bought what and setting up 4packs. It wouldn't be a problem if it didn't replace the other thread but here we are. At least it's just for a week.
Wow. Really?

With all due respect, as someone who read and posted throughout this entire thread I would have to say that your complaints really aren't reasonable, nor is your description of this thread as a whole. It also doesn't match the typical Steam Sale threads from the past.

Lists of what people bought are legitimate and very typical of these threads and mostly only occur near the end of the threads. I actually enjoy seeing these. It gives me info on what is potentially worthwhile to pick up at the end of a sale or in the next sale. Also, there wasn't so much 4-pack chatter as to "bury" any other posts, and I certainly find that chatter more beneficial to the thread and community experience as a whole than people complaining about how the technical questions they ask aren't being answered in the manner they require. I just now used your wording from your question in a google search and from the results basically came to the conclusion that you did later.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD looks and plays nice but is there a way to show the 360 controller buttons instead of keyboard keys?
I asked this earlier in the thread but didn't see any answer:

Anyone?

Edit: two sources claim that you can't. I already regret buying this hackjob.

Come on, man... The game looks and plays nice, why not focus on that instead of taking issues about a poor game port out on the rest of the thread? Maybe the issue wasn't that it was "buried" but that no one knew the information themselves...

Dunlop

I can't wait for this thread to be closed and the new Steam Announcements OT. Don't take it personal guys but it was getting cramped in here with all the non-regulars.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not a fan of pages of people posting their haul. The Steam OT has its own problems like multi-post gifting extravaganzas as well but I never felt it was as bad as this.

I've set my agenda with a reminder for every 4 days to go into the Steam OT and bring up the merits of how Origin, Amazon and GMG are better and how I am pretty sure Gabe kicks puppies

SHUT UP, THIS IS MY FIRST STEAM SALE!
cXiAw.png

SHUT IT! I'M HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASES! I'LL HOLD IN THE DECEMBER SALE! I NEEDED TO LEARN FROM EXPERIENCE!

You actually bought Portal in 2012?

I mean it's a fantastic game, but there were several opportunities to get it free, and a number of people are just sitting on copies in their inventory, because nobody needs it at this point.

Well, all the same, enjoy it.

Miker

I ended up just getting Critter Crunch and Kotor II for $4.74, although I bought Zeno Clash (which I already own) for a dollar from Amazon for the $5 credit in their January sale (more like $4 credit, I guess). Zeno Clash is gonna go to one of my friends.

Tizoc

I mean it's a fantastic game, but there were several opportunities to get it free, and a number of people are just sitting on copies in their inventory, because nobody needs it at this point.

Well, all the same, enjoy it.

I only ever started using Steam in 2012, or rather some months ago.

I'd do it. Dieting and Playing Witcher 2 sounds like a good idea to me.

Ramen comes in all types of flavors now!

Agreed, I have Witcher 1+2 as well as Castle Crashers and Zeno Clash in my cart right now.
I know I won't have time to play them but I want them regardless.

You're not helping! I think I'm going to resist the temptation and wait for the winter sales, I just bought The Witcher 1. Besides I'd love to have both games boxed.

robotnik

I don't have it too :\

I'LL HOLD IN THE DECEMBER SALE!
No, you not :p

My damage:
- Jolly Rover,
- Lume,
- Toki Tori,
- Runaway, Road Adventure,
- Analogue: A Hate Story,
- Legend of Grimrock,
- Zeno Clash,
- Emerald City Confidential.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So all in all it was a good sale for me. I only bought the following:

Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack
Bad Rats: the Rats Revenge
Ziro
Zeno Clash
NightSky
Critter Crunch
Civilizations V Gods and Kings

Out of all of them I've only played Civ 5 expansion and a few minutes of Critter Crunch so far. I need to just take a night or two and play the rest of them to see how they are. I only spent $15 total though, and half of that was for Gods & Kings, so not a big dent. Honestly I showed a lot of restraint too, because my wishlist grew by about 15 games that I would have bought if not for my back log of games that I still need to play.

I've already told the girlfriend that come the Christmas sale I'm going hog wild. I'm setting aside $50 to spend on nothing but Steam games. And since I'm off work for a whole week, that will give me plenty of game time.

Can't wait for Christmas now, LOL.

Kinyou

timschaefernzoe1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom