• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland1979

Just bought Contagion. Man that sound so addictive. Different from other survival multiplayer zombie shooters, but looks also very different from Day-Z. Can't wait till the masses play this game. Is Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine worth playing if you're not going to play it in co-op?

Li Kao

Is baulders gate worth picking up?

Hello Gaf, so for my first post of the day, I have a stupid question. Well that's not to say my usual questions are brilliant either but...
Why the typo ? "Baulder". I asks this not because I'm a grammar nazi but I'm feeling curious today. That's not the first time I saw this kind ok typo, 'au' instead of 'a' in a word (Dr Dogg made the same some days ago IIRC). Is there something that render the word difficult to type for en English speaking person ? Please don't give me shit for the question, I really don't give a flying fuck about the typo, just a thing that I noticed several times and thought there may be more to it than meet the eyes.

Maybe I shouldn't try to be all linguist when I'm absolutely not one, just so curious ^_^

FACE

Banned
Is baulders gate worth picking up?

It's Baldur's and no, the enhanced edition isn't worth picking up. The new content they've added isn't very good, it's very buggy(not as bad as it was at launch) and, worst of all, it doesn't support the mods made for the old version of the game. You'd be better off buying BG1 and 2 on GOG and modding it.

nbthedude

You guys think there's any chance of Remember Me hitting $10? that's all I want..

Yeah Capcom has been pretty good about Steam sales recently. They had an entire Capcom weekend just a few months back and Resident Evil series, Street Fighter series, Dead Rising series were all heavily discounted.

I think it's very likely it will at least be a flash sale at some point.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Damages so far:

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (they better patch out GFWL when it dies...)
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (same)
Elder Scroll V: Skyrim Legendary Edition
Outlast
Final Fantasy VII

Arthea

Fallen Enchantress, is that like HoMM? Worth the current price?

We had nice price error couple of days back on gamersgate, but even without an error it was a bit cheaper, because you want FE legendary heroes.
It's somewhat like HoMM, yes.

Vargavinter

Ohhhh, would totally jump on that MK Komplete on GMG but still having a hard time to swallow that Sweden have to pay in £ instead of $. :/

You guys think there's any chance of Remember Me hitting $10? that's all I want..
I don't think so, Capcom has only been putting their indie published games on sale this sale, the Street Fighter flash deal right now is pretty much the only "main franchise" sale I saw so far.

nbthedude

Fallen Enchantress, is that like HoMM? Worth the current price?

I bought that game and hated it. It's like Civ with a super shitty interface mixed with a mediocre strategy RPG. I'd rather just play Civ. The Civ part of it is extremely shitty, like some kind of student project who was trying to emulate Civ in Visual Basic.

jesus all I wanted to do was dump an enclave key instead of using modbot for it.

My apologies if I came across as hostile, I merely thought you were wondering why Modbot is being used so much compared to the more traditional route (and thus trying to show why it is being used).
Hello Gaf, so for my first post of the day, I have a stupid question. Well that's not to say my usual questions are brilliant either but...
Why the typo ? "Baulder". I asks this not because I'm a grammar nazi but I'm feeling curious today. That's not the first time I saw this kind ok typo, 'au' instead of 'a' in a word (Dr Dogg made the same some days ago IIRC). Is there something that render the word difficult to type for en English speaking person ? Please don't give me shit for the question, I really don't give a flying fuck about the typo, just a thing that I noticed several times and thought there may be more to it than meet the eyes.

Maybe I shouldn't try to be all linguist when I'm absolutely not one, just so curious ^_^
It seems likely the individuals know of the pronunciation yet aren't familiar with the spelling, and when trying to spell it, they consider the words "maul" and "cauldron" for how to spell the first syllable (that is, they know it's not spelt "Balldur's Gate" so spell it as "Bauder's Gate" to try and replicate the sound rather than using the correct spelling). I may be completely wrong though, I, too, am certainly no linguist.

Shufel

They're probably just thinking of a boulder as in a rock. Baldur does kind of sound like boulder I suppose. It's a pretty silly mistake.

Prophane33

Damnation! Just found out about the GMG 4play thing (don't usually buy from them) missed a few games that I actually would have picked up had I know about it. Oh well, now I'll watch em like a hawk.

Arthea

I bought that game and hated it. It's like Civ with a super shitty interface mixed with a mediocre strategy RPG. I'd rather just play Civ. The Civ part of it is extremely shitty, like some kind of student project who was trying to emulate Civ in Visual Basic.

Only it's not like Civ, Civ in no way is RPG. What are you even talking about?

elhav

Many thanks, El!
You are welcome :)
Next up:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Amnesia: The dark descent -- MB-6E07136A43F77186 - Taken by bloke. 3 entrants total.

t1385829223z1.png

mrgone

Damnation! Just found out about the GMG 4play thing (don't usually buy from them) missed a few games that I actually would have picked up had I know about it. Oh well, now I'll watch em like a hawk.

You can find out what's coming by loading up this image here and incrementing the number. Looks like they end at 18, so a little less than 20 hours left in the promo.

nbthedude

Only it's not like Civ, Civ in no way is RPG. What are you even talking about?

The Civilization building part is clearly trying to ape Civ but with a horrible interface that looks and feels cheap. It's Civ mixed with a strategy RPG. In principle that sounds really cool if it wasn't so amateurish in its production values.

Li Kao

Ok so the Baulder mystery interests absolutely no one. Ok you bad people, but that won't prevent me to assault you with another bunch of words ! AHahah !
Edit - Wait some people answered me in the time it took me to write that. Oh, pardon me of little faith, Gaf !

So yesterday the plan was to have fun with Lego Marvel and to finish off the night with the already wonderful gone home. Things went not at all according to keikaku here.
Maybe it's a question of mood, the fact that I played two games and was in love with the second one, I can't pass a definitive judgment on Lego Marvel. But man was it bad.
Don't get me wrong, I love Lego Batman 2 and was anticipating this iteration of the formula. And yes, everybody and their mother knows that Traveller's Tales games are traditionally lacking in the gameplay department. But boy do I begin to lose patience with them. It's Lego Batman 2, not with a little better polish but what appeared to me to be less polish.
The flight movements are so bad it hurts. Good luck with the flight races. Oh and no restart option that I know of.
The ground movements aren't nice either, with the sort of boost speed the character has after 1-2 seconds going in the same direction.
There are no bugs to speak of, but jank abound. Sometimes your vehicle goes through other legos like they weren't there, sometimes you character will keep jumping because you dared make him jump on a surface that seemingly isn't his place to be.
Really boring, simplistic even for a lego game (the first level is awful in that respect). It was not a good play session. Now that after 3-4 fucking missions I have access to free roaming maybe I will enjoy the game more. And yes like I said I know lego games are always janky.
But yesterday, man did I wish TT would have pretended to care.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Picked up the Street Fighter Arcade Edition complete pack. This pretty much guarantees that the ultra edition will be released within a day or two.

I shouldn't shop right away in the morning any more, lol, I got totally suckered in by the Saint's Row franchise pack and failed to notice all the included DLC was for SR3. Oh well, guess the DLC for 4 doesn't look so great yet anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom