• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
Contagion is pretty fun to play.

I also picked up Prototype. Prototype is REALLY good on PC. Shame there's no windowed mode.

I've been playing Contagion this morning. It's actually pretty good! Needs some tweaking, and the object of the game needs to be a bit more clear, but otherwise, I like it!
iwWkOriAteDRr.png

ibhPwMNecNENd0.png

iyp8C8ceeTGXT.png

ibzsgvopfr2KHV.png

ihSaRkfyrhVLV.png

Pics from my earlier playthrough. It's worth it at $3 I would say. Go for the headshots, though.

rtcn63

I suck terribly at Rogue Legacy. I haven't killed a boss, I haven't killed any special enemies and I've already gone through about 60 characters.

Focus on upgrading your equipment, attack power + health, and certain bosses favor certain classes. Use the class abilities a lot (Paladin was my preferred, the shield special makes you invincible from every direction), MP is easier to get back than HP.

Share your speeds bro, brag about it!

edited in a smaller picture, the original was huuge.

Wow, Papers, Please is amazing.

Half hour left for it on the daily list! Jump on it now if you're thinking about it!

Great game, surprisingly interesting. It's not a GOTY for me, but it's a game that, similar to something like Sim City or Civ5, is totally enjoyable just laying down and playing with mouse only, killing time. Great stories and writing.

I suck terribly at Rogue Legacy. I haven't killed a boss, I haven't killed any special enemies and I've already gone through about 60 characters.

I love this game, but I have to admit: it is kinda grind-y. After a while, you notice that you can beat all the enemies in the first area, but not the second. Then second but not the third and so on.

What was the pricing error?

Kapow

I found the game quite hard until I unlocked the overpowered
Spellsword?
class

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Got a new interweb for the sales.

0WKJ2W2.png

aww yiss, finally.

edit: smaller image.

Since I decided to NOT buy a playstation 3 for now (don't worry Grief, I'll re-visit the idea in April. The console didn't pricedrop yet in my country, not enough anyway), I'm wondering if I should improve my 100/15 connection to 200/40 for 20 bucks extra.

It's not that much money, but I can't really use it that much: Everything good is overseas, and the overseas internet link is always overloaded...

Those are the though choices I have to live with.

Tenrius

How do I get into SSFIV? I played various fighting games at various point in time, but it always always ended up with me button mashing through the story mode once or twice.

Dr Dogg

Got my eye on a lot of indies this year. Primarily SpaceBase DF9, Mercenary Kings, And maybe Edge of space.

I want Spelunky, but I think I'm actually going to grab that on my Vita instead.

Yeah likewise. In fact I'm quite surprised that I haven't picked up any AAA, Ritalin fuelled games this sale. Even though I bought it earlier in the month I popped on Rouges Legacy for what I thought was 30 mins earlier and had actually spent close to 3 hours of trial and failure.

Although I did grab Spelunky when it was on a flash, after seeing what all the fuss was about it's something I'm definitely going to pick up for my Vita if it gets a good deal sometime. Despite the nature of the gameplay I should really lend itself to play on the go.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I also picked up Prototype. Prototype is REALLY good on PC. Shame there's no windowed mode.

Is it? I remember hearing a lot of issues about poor framerate and input lag when the PC port came out, which has caused me to skip getting it.

I recommend not trying the first boss until after you feel comfortable surviving the forest area.
Don't hoard your magic so much, its okay to just use it up as the game eventually becomes quite forging in ways of getting it back. Don't waste it all at once, just use it every now and then to keep yourself from battles you don't need to fight closely.
Armour and weapons are much better things to spend gold on early on, not stats.

Help me out folks. I have a crappy laptop not at all designed to play games, but I want an under $10 game or two. No mouse, so I prefer games that are easily played with just keyboard or aren't at least aren't at all twitchy. I know that's a lot of restrictions, but anywho, I was looking at Spelunky and/or Rogue Legacy. Are there any outstanding turn-based strategy or tower defense games on sale? I have Civ V and Tropico, enjoy them both. What do you experts think?

I might have to play Assassin's Creed 3 on high or medium settings from now on. I don't know why but when I play AC3 my computer sounds like a jet engine, but when playing Max Payne 3 (which I'm guessing is more powerful) my computer runs nicely.

I guess it's because it's an open world game. Which speaking of Max Payne 3, it's pretty great so far.

Divius

Help me out folks. I have a crappy laptop not at all designed to play games, but I want an under $10 game or two. No mouse, so I prefer games that are easily played with just keyboard. I know that's a lot of restrictions, but anywho, I was looking at Spelunky and/or Rogue Legacy. Are there any outstanding turn-based strategy or tower defense games on sale? I have Civ V and Tropico, enjoy them both. What do you experts think?
Maybe check out if Binding of Isaac looks interesting to you, I highly recommend it.

rtcn63

I might have to play Assassin's Creed 3 on high or medium settings from now on. I don't know why but when I play AC3 my computer sounds like a jet engine, but when playing Max Payne 3 (which I'm guessing is more powerful) my computer runs nicely.

I guess it's because it's an open world game. Which speaking of Max Payne 3, it's pretty great so far.

IIRC, AC games tend to be poorly optimized. Ubisoft just ain't bout dat life.

Quikies83

I've been playing Contagion this morning. It's actually pretty good! Needs some tweaking, and the object of the game needs to be a bit more clear, but otherwise, I like it!

Pics from my earlier playthrough. It's worth it at $3 I would say. Go for the headshots, though.

Add me on Steam. I'm looking for a few good men to play this game with -- non PVP.

"Quikies83"

How do I get into SSFIV? I played various fighting games at various point in time, but it always always ended up with me button mashing through the story mode once or twice.
It's kind of hard to explain fundamentals without being able to phisically show you.

Basically try reading about footsies and then watch high level play so you can somewhat understand how the game flows. Then you go and learn stuff like combos from there. It's a lot easier than it looks, just needs some patience and dedication.

Help me out folks. I have a crappy laptop not at all designed to play games, but I want an under $10 game or two. No mouse, so I prefer games that are easily played with just keyboard or aren't at least aren't at all twitchy. I know that's a lot of restrictions, but anywho, I was looking at Spelunky and/or Rogue Legacy. Are there any outstanding turn-based strategy or tower defense games on sale? I have Civ V and Tropico, enjoy them both. What do you experts think?

How on Earth do you play Civ V without a mouse!!?

elhav

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-C41BCAF54AEDA131 - Taken by UnrealEck. 1 entrants total.

t1385834577z1.png
Right before the next batch of deals, here's another one.

Purkake4

Banned
I hear FTL is pretty good...

SuperHans

I got
Surgeon Simulator 2013,
Spelunky
Trine 2
Counter Strike GO.

I have to say Surgeon Simulator is the most fun I have had in ages. Its brilliant and once you get the hang of it you get really good at it.

Not too sure on Spelunky yet. Its incredibly unforgiving. Those arrow traps are fecking annoying.

nbthedude

Is it? I remember hearing a lot of issues about poor framerate and input lag when the PC port came out, which has caused me to skip getting it.

I can't speak for the original, but I impulse bought Prototype 2 last Steam sale during a Flash. I played it for about an hour and I didn't like it very much. If you want a game like that, Saints Row IV is ace. It's the real spiritual successor to Crackdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom