• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaku

Banned
Was saving my Steam Wallet balance thinking that there'd be a final day of repeats. Kinda pissed that I didn't realize there wouldn't be one until about an hour ago. Oh well, small haul this sale. Waiting on the Christmas sale now...

Tomb Raider + Tomb of the Lost Adventurer DLC
Fez
Natural Selection 2
Dust: An Elysian Tail

Here is my list. I wanted to get The Wolf Among Us but I was $4 short in the end. :\ I probably should have skipped ACIII and got TWAU instead. I have AC3, minus any DLC on Uplay but I wanted the DLC and to add it to steam.

• Batman: Arkham Origins
  • Dead Island Riptide
  • Assassin's Creed III - Deluxe Edition
  • Space Hulk
  • State of Decay
  • Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition
  • Shadow Warrior
  • ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition ROW
  • Company of Heroes 2
  • Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
  • PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+
  • Unholy Heights
  • The Stanley Parable

derExperte

I'm considering buying the 1C Strategy Collection if nothing of interest shows up in the next Flash sale. I want that collection just for the King's Bounty games. Should I bite, or wait for those games to show up in a bundle?

They've been in bundles so many times, even as a weekly HB, that they maybe won't be anymore because of serious burn-out.

Grief.exe

Here is my list. I wanted to get The Wolf Among Us but I was $4 short in the end. :\ I probably should have skipped ACIII and got TWAU instead. I have AC3, minus any DLC on Uplay but I wanted the DLC and to add it to steam.

9f596df5f6a0913eaf7c556801be5c4a72dbd734b624f66e71eb11f8c56a5ccf.jpg

nacimento

I finally gave in and got the HD-version of the greatest game ever made. Has been too long since I last played it, since I lost my old disk.

So 505 Games will be giving refunds over Ashes Cricket 2013. Has this ever happened before for a game released on Steam before?

Steam offered refunds for Infestation: Survivor Stories (aka The War Z) at first I believe.

My damage so far:

Nothing. I did pick up Saint's Row IV ($15) and Assassin's Creed 3 ($7.50) from Amazon though. And I can't say no to Garry's Mod at $2.50 so that'll be my first Steam sale purchase.

Pretty much everything I was interested in I already had from the summer sale.
I only really considered getting Prison Architect (will get it later) and NBA2k14 (2k15 :/)

Lingitiz

Just played the EU4 demo and I think I'm starting to get it. It would be really irresponsible of me to buy this before finals though.

Who am I kidding, I'll probably do it.

Bobshe

Neo Member
Only spent $28 so far. I was expecting a much harder hit but there haven't been too many great deals out there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like a good bit of this is 75% off over at GMG. Couple it with the voucher for an extra 20%. Probably cheaper than you'll see it on Steam Proper.

Steam AU, yes, but not Steam RU. ;)

DzYKrNf.png

I'm going to relax for December while JaseC plays catchup. And on that note I believe I now own every available game that was released on Steam prior to 2013. Proudly not including Black Ops Mac Edition, because I'm not going to support the start of the shitty practice of selling separate Mac & Windows versions of games on Steam.

Nice work!

Jase is laughing at your morality :p

I would have accepted "Because it's three fucking years old but only 50% off". :p Even in Russia it's ~$2 above my "Never pay more than $10 for a Call of Duty game" threshold.

The sale ends tomorrow, right? So the deals we have now are it?

No damage so far for me. I might get The Wolf Among Us. Beyond that, I think I'll just wait for the Holiday Sale to get Arkham Origins, The Swapper and Company of Heroes 2.

Ilúvatar

Is anyone here an NS2 pro? I've owned the game for ages but really have never gotten into it, I get the feeling it would be a lot of fun if I didn't suck so much

alstein

Really wanted GalCiv 2, but no Stardock sale up until now, and it's looking pretty grim. I'll have to do with Endless Space.

GalCiv2 just had a sale, given GalCiv 3 next year I'd wait for Christmas sale. That said they just lowered the regular price from 20 to 10.

Card Boy

Banned
NS2 90 percent off

-full mod support
-launched at 20 euros!
-1000s of hours of gameplay
-no dlc
-free content patches
-sweet music
-incredible gameplay , endless learning curve
-one of a kind unique gameplay (fps rts hybrid asynchronous multiplayer)
-independant developers who made their own engine for this game
-competitive multiplayer with tournaments organised by the developers
-probably the friendliest community out there

this game was made for the consumer , not for some shareholders, it embodies everything that makes pc gaming great.
No reason not to own it

-It's dead online

BPoole

Tempted to get Natural Selection 2 for $2.50 but I just don't see myself playing it considering I just dropped $70 on BF4+Premium

So everybody needs to sell cards for games we mutually own before I list any of mine, and buy them up after I list them. I swear I'll watch prices be stable for a couple of days or more, come in and undercut by a penny or match the lowest price, then a swarm of sellers come in at half or less of my price and seemingly perma-kill prices.

Like. . . *really*?

denx

Dailies last 48 hours now don't they?

Check out the deals on the store page. They end in 14 hours.

They've been in bundles so many times, even as a weekly HB, that they maybe won't be anymore because of serious burn-out.

You're right. But after thinking about it, I'll take my chances and see if I can get the games for cheap in a bundle down the line. Thanks for the advice though!

Flirtatious intentions.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-4A6122742B5F53E0 - Taken by ChiefofCitadelSecurity. 16 entrants total.

t1386043703z1.png

id buy SW but i have a legitimate excuse
i cant play it on this labtop so ill settle for original and play better version next year hopefully

Turfster

So everybody needs to sell cards for games we mutually own before I list any of mine, and buy them up after I list them. I swear I'll watch prices be stable for a couple of days or more, come in and undercut by a penny or match the lowest price, then a swarm of sellers come in at half or less of my price and seemingly perma-kill prices.

Like. . . *really*?

Welcome to the Moronia Falls.
I've got a couple of foils that are going to approach normal card prices soon without a single one getting bought because idiots keep undercutting each other.

I've got a couple of foils that are going to approach normal card prices soon without a single one getting bought because idiots keep undercutting each other.
I actually managed to sell a couple foils yesterday before the prices on them collapsed, but jeez, it's obnoxious. I think a lot of it now is buyers knowing the prices will collapse and just waiting it out until then.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I have a few foils of the same card and they're the only ones available. I "accidentally" listed one at $4 hoping somebody would think it a mistake and buy it which would in turn eventually spur people into buying the other two because they're only an extra buck, but alas my Wallet balance is still $0.

I actually managed to sell a couple foils yesterday before the prices on them collapsed, but jeez, it's obnoxious. I think a lot of it now is buyers knowing the prices will collapse and just waiting it out until then.

Definitely. The only situation in which you're guaranteed a decent sale price on a foil is if you're one of the first to obtain one; you can list it at, say, ~$15 and people like PalmDesert will snap it up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom